• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Gravity Rush 2 and how I'm dumb for not playing it at launch

Nero_PR

Banned
I thought about doing this LTTP thread to talk about the game after I finish, but I think I'm going to report it as I progress.

First things first, I played the original back in 2012. Loved every single moment of it, was my favorite Vita game together with Uncharted Golden Abyss. I guess what made it not be a 10/10 to me is the fact that the pacing was a little slow at times, especially the Boutome Village part and what comes next after the boss fight. Not to mention that sometimes the controls were clunky on the Vita. Oh, and I played until the last act without knowing how to upgrade Kat (shame on me), almost everything would one-shot me close to the ending, when I finally decided to look in the menus how to upgrade (yes, I collect all the crystals and didn't know how to spend them haha, you are free to laugh at me for that one). I thought the only place I could upgrade would be the Pipe house... But when I discovered the upgrade, I maxed out everything and the rest of the game was a cakewalk.

Back to PS4. I didn't play the remastered version (I should give it a go any time soon) and jumped on the sequel right away when I saw it with a nice discount on the PS store. I bought it together with a Hat in Time, because I'm craving for some good platforms and exploration/collect-a-ton action-adventure games lately.

I didn't regret any second of it. The only thing I regret is not playing when it came and the game going under my radar for so long. I did not finish it yet, actually, I think I'm in the beginning since I just rescued Cecie and Syd (still hate Syd being so lazy like in the first game), so I can1t really say much about the story aside from the first early missions being just Fetch Quest 101 (which I don't hate at all since Death Stranding is one my favorite games of this generation). I just know that I remember some pretty spoiler-heavy trailer back in the days that showed something about the game touching on Kat's past, just don't tell that it will be some tear-jerking shit, I'm not ready haha.

I've been taking my time with the game. I've collected almost every Precious Gem/Ore from the free roam party of the first city. Not to mention that I go see every dialogue option when they pop in, or I go and do every side mission before progressing the story. I LOVE how much freedom the game gives you in comparison to the first one. The city is bigger and packed, the environment design is so intricate and well thought out with Kat's powers. I love everything about it that is hard to explain in words, just like it was back when I played the original, but just much more polished and improved. I can't express enough how the Lunar style opens up the gameplay (free roam and combat, but more the free roam), I know about the Jupiter style but I don't have it yet, I just know that it is more combat suited and it uses gravity increasing manipulation.

I gotta say, this game will be one of my top 5 favorites of all time when I reach its conclusion. It will be there together with Shadow of The Colossus, Death Stranding, Crash Bandicoot, Destiny 2. And what it has that I value so much? Player freedom. It is not over-complicated, but the game gives you tools, teach you the basics of how to use them, and the rest is up to you. The enjoyment of it comes to how much creative the players is when wielding the game's mechanics. A good player that uses well what they have at their disposal has a much greater chance of enjoying this game more than an average player who will spam the R1+X or R1+[]. I've been having a blast with it. I don't have any good footage of it right now aside from testing the lunar style for a bit.

This game is a pure joy to play, from its characters to the environment design and gameplay systems. Everything has so much personality and passion poured into that it makes hard not to fall in love with it. It's said that I can't experience the online portion of the game (challenges and treasure photos), but that is my own fault for taking so long to play the marvelous game.

Special call out to Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme , who I thought about sending a message telling how much I like this game since I know this person loves this above all else in gaming hahaha.

Why does this game doesn't have a VR version? It would be motion sickness hell to some people hahaha. Maybe on PS5? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit: Now That I think about, this is my very first thread. Oh well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom