• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
One of my favourite parts of Heat?

Pacino acts that way because originally his character was a cocaine addict. Then they cut all of that out. And he's just loud for no obvious reason. Which just makes the film because he, out of nowhere, starts destroying the scenery through boisterous acting.

I always thought that anyone who lived like Vincent, meaning an obsessive workaholic, taking little to no rest between days, with a completely wrecked personal life would behave like him after what, 20+ years in the police? I mean, we see him jumping off a van after a sleepless surveillance night and immediately getting back to work. That kind of life's gotta do something to your head eventually

God I love that movie. And yeah, Moby at the end is great, but I also love that short Moby piece when Hanna is on freeway chasing Neil. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH58xearYzw

So much better than his TV movie a few years before.

220px-L.A._Takedown_DVD_cover.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFsPDzSbgts

Whats the story with this anyways?
Failed pilot? Abandoned Miami Vice story?
it's not awful, but it's production values and actors are all cheap.

Whats the story with this anyways?
Failed pilot? Abandoned Miami Vice story?
it's not awful, but it's production values and actors are all cheap.

Pilot for a failed new series that the network just pushed out to TV. It was shot super quickly using a very chopped up version of the original HEAT script (which Mann wrote before he even directed Thief)

Badgerst3

It is a masterpiece.

For me it ranks even higher than The Departed. Another great flick IMO.

I read somewhere Marines in basic training used to be shown the Kilmer AR-15 reload he did during the shootout, as textbook for how it's done.

I legitimately thought this thread was going to be about how you grew up in some life of poverty where you never had heating. You just got some central air unit installed and you finally live in a place with heat, and it's amazing.

I've never even heard of this movie.

What the hell is wrong with me?

JdFoX187

Banned
"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

I have both Heat and Collateral on blu-ray and these threads pop up every so often. Makes me want to watch them both again. One day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I legitimately thought this thread was going to be about how you grew up in some life of poverty where you never had heating. You just got some central air unit installed and you finally live in a place with heat, and it's amazing.

I've never even heard of this movie.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Wufei, WUFEI

watch it my friend.

I didn't like this movie at all. There was something about it that just made it so bad, but I can't remember any more. I watched it a few years ago after I saw the Pacino ass scene.

What is wrong with you.

I think Heat can be defined as a perfect movie. I honestly can't think of a single flaw in it. It executes everything it does perfectly.

The backstory of the grill man who just got out of Folsom and gets hired on the spot to be the driver always gets me. That scene with his first day on the restaurant job and that asshole manager fires me up every time.

Booshka

The backstory of the grill man who just got out of Folsom and gets hired on the spot to be the driver always gets me. That scene with his first day on the restaurant job and that asshole manager fires me up every time.

"I did time for what that motherfucker does everyday."

Heat is perfect to me, and the shootout is still unrivaled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom