• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Mann is doing Heat 2....will be same scale as Heat

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads

“It’s going to be a combination [of CG and makeup]. And so, it won’t be [Robert De Niro] and Al [Pacino] playing McCauley and Hanna,” explained Mann. “And it actually starts eight years earlier than the movie. It starts in 1988, and then it’s gonna jump to 2000. But I don’t really know who to cast until I’ve actually written the screenplay, but I’m in the middle of writing the screenplay right now. And Warner Bros. have been very patient."
Mann had previously hinted that Adam Driver would play a younger version of Robert DeNiro’s Neil McCauley character. The other roles had only been rumored, with Al Pacino, Ana de Armas and Austin Butler all being namechecked, by various outlets, as possibilities. Channing Tatum and Jeremy Allen White have also, apparently, made their interest actively known to join the project.

Mann adds that “Heat 2” will have “the same scale as the 1995 film.” So, expect something ranging close to the 3-hour mark.

SJRB

Gold Member
This is never going to happen. And if it does happen it's going to be a disaster. HEAT is a perfect storm of nineties zeitgeist and immaculate casting. It was a stroke of luck way more than a stroke of genius because that cast elevated the movie to incredible heights. Good luck finding a cast these days that can do the same.

Plus, Michael Mann is 80 years old and hasn't even finished the screenplay. This movie is at least 2 years out.

Not to mention Michael Mann hasn't made a good movie since Collateral, TWENTY years ago. I watched Miami Vice for the first time just last week and it is legit one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The story, the acting, the bizarre camera shots, the pacing, everything is just dreadful. That movie has zero redeeming qualities.

Just read the novel if you want to know what happened with the crew, it ties the story together rather neatly.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not to mention Michael Mann hasn't made a good movie since Collateral, TWENTY years ago. I watched Miami Vice for the first time just last week and it is legit one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The story, the acting, the bizarre camera shots, the pacing, everything is just dreadful. That movie has zero redeeming qualities.
Just saw Ferrari. It was good.

KaiserBecks

This is never going to happen. And if it does happen it's going to be a disaster. HEAT is a perfect storm of nineties zeitgeist and immaculate casting. It was a stroke of luck way more than a stroke of genius because that cast elevated the movie to incredible heights. Good luck finding a cast these days that can do the same.

Plus, Michael Mann is 80 years old and hasn't even finished the screenplay. This movie is at least 2 years out.

Just read the novel if you want to know what happened with the crew, it ties the story together rather neatly.
The hell are you talking about, there is absolutely nothing in HEAT that screams 90s zeitgeist, it might as well have been a 2000s or 80s movie. Also, Miami Vice is the bomb.

CGNoire

This.

Top Bottom