• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Terminator: Resistance - A stinky blast from the long forgotten past💩

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Teyon's Rambo game was one of the worst games ever made, I think no one will argue that bc it's a goddamn fact. With Terminator: Resistance they obviously did a much better job, but at the same time they also didn't cuz Terminator: Resistance is one of the most painfully below average, boring af and a bog-standard FPS game I've played since X360 / PS3 era. It has absolutely everything that was bad about B-tier FPS games from 15-16 yrs ago - terrible gunplay and guns you can't even feel and which sounded like crap, painfully boring and repetitive encounter designs with cover mechanics, stupid enemies that don't miss at all even from 200m, terrible AI etc.

The more I played the game, the more it reminded me of Fallout 3 / New Vegas bc even though Terminator: Resistance was made on a UE4, it looks very similar to these games. The way you talk to the characters is very similar. But the worst part about it is FPS mechanics and overall gameplay loop - it's just so painful to interact and look at all of this in 2024, ugh. I just don't get why this game is so praised on Steam, I just don't get it. What for? They sure did get the theme and the atmosphere of the Terminator's future war right, no doubt about it, but after playing the game for ~10 hours, I honestly can't say anything else good about it, even considering that you can make some dialogue choices etc.

RoboCop: Rogue City simply wipes the floor with this game and is infinitely better in almost everything it does - gunplay, gameplay loop, what you can do in combat to make it feel and look better, better quests, the theme, visuals etc. etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if Teyon did their second game better, it also matters how good of a game it is to actually play and interact with. I mean, don't get me wrong, the fact that Teyon made a better game than Rambo is impressive bc it shows that they can do better and more than anything else, it was a game for them to show it to everyone and stop all the poop people still threw at them back then... but that's it. The game you play must be fun and exciting (not to mention if it's FPS) and Terminator: Resistance completely fails at that imho.

What Teyon really capable of was clearly and only shown in RoboCop: Rogue City, not in Terminator: Resistance. Is this game better than Terminator: Salvation (the movie, not a game)? No, afaic it simply is not, even if it's closer to how future war was presented in the first two movies visually.

Last edited:
Wow, thank you! Finally someone who agrees with me! I haven't played Robocop so I can't compare the two games but Terminator does indeed feel incredibly outdated, mediocre and amateurishly made. B-tier games from 15 years ago sounds about right, yeah.

And I'm the biggest fan of the two first movies btw.

I've been holding off playing Robocop since everyone here was praising Terminator so much and said Robocop is more of the same and if I didn't like Terminator the game probably isn't for me.

Last edited:

Moses85

Mike Myers No GIF

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
It feels like you missed what made this special and solely focused on what's bad by going into it with a false mindset and too high expectations. No one denied there was a certain b tear quality to it but as a fan of the first two movies i could easily look past all this. It really puts you into the shoes of a resistance fighter like nothing else.

And then you finish off by comparing it to Salvation? Ouch...

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Wow, thank you! Finally someone who agrees with me! I haven't played Robocop so I can't compare the two games but Terminator does indeed feel incredibly outdated, mediocre and amateurishly made. B-tier games from 15 years ago sounds about right, yeah.
giphy.gif

And I'm the biggest fan of the two first movies btw.
Same here.
I've been holding off playing Robocop since everyone here was praising Terminator so much and said Robocop is more of the same and if I didn't like Terminator the game probably isn't for me.
It's a vastly better game when it comes to core gameplay loop,, FPS mechanics and what you can do as RoboCop during combat. There's still some junk here and there - character models aren't so great as well as character animations, but it's still better in RoboCop than in Terminator.

I'll say this though, there's a lot of downtime in the game (far more than in Terminator), you'll be exploring Detroit's streets, doing a police's work, completing side-quest (far more interesting than in Terminator) which can be slow and somewhat non eventful, bc at times you're just talking with people etc. But you can ignore most of this stuff if you want, although I don't think that you should.

Combat and realizations of original vision and the world from the first RoboCop movie (as well as the second one) is where the game shines the most. You simply won't be bored to death while in combat and if you liked what the first two movies and especially the 1st did, then you'll love the game.
It feels like you missed what made this special and solely focused on what's bad by going into it with a false mindset and too high expectations.
What do you even mean by "missed what made it special"? What's so special about this game? That they showed the future war better than in the first two movies? Well, I'm not saying that they didn't, it's probably the best they could've done with the budget they were given. I'm saying that the way the game plays, how boring gameplay loop is, how ancient the game looks (aside from lighting) and feels like, how bad FPS mechanics and encounter designs are etc. simply not doing the future war justice... at all.

I'm not saying everything must be all about action and set pieces, they did somewhat not a bad job when it comes to characters and conversations, but the biggest problem shows its ugly face when you actually playing the game outside of dialogues and again, here's where the game fails bc it's not offering great and satisfying gameplay loop and combat, and in FPS game it's the most important thing developers should nail right from the start.

Look, it's nowhere near 4,5/10 game and fuck everyone who gave it such stupidly inaccurate ratings, but it's also not a 7,5 game and more like 6-6,5 /10 if I'm being honest.
No one denied there was a certain b tear quality to it but as a fan of the first two movies i could easily look past all this. It really puts you into the shoes of a resistance fighter like nothing else.
And here's where the problem lies, I can't look past all the bad stuff as other people do, to me the good parts (of which there aren't many) are nowhere near enough to suffer through all this below average 14-15 yo B-tier stuff. And if that's what you call a "you just missed the point of the game", then it's not a valid argument.
And then you finish off by comparing it to Salvation? Ouch...
That's bc a lot of people saying that the game is better that this movie and I don't agree with them at all. It's probably the best Terminator movie after 2. The game from Grin though is an absolute trash.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yeah its average but still a solid experience. The best thing to happen for the franchise since T2.
I somewhat agree if it wasn't for Salvation.

The biggest problem of that movie is that it's far more modern and brighter when it comes to future war, the mood and atmposhere of it than it should've been (here's where Resistance is better, cuz it closer to original vision from the first two movies), plus they could've done far better job with characters and the script overall, but after recently rewatching the rest of the BS that was released after T2, Salvation is easily the best one. I think Hollywood simply missed the right moment in time where they could've made great future war Terminator movie with original vision - they must've done it in the mid-late 90s, not after.

Con-Z-epT

And here's where the problem lies, I can't look past all the bad stuff as other people do.

We can pretty much stop right here as this is the core distinction of our mindsets and why we will not find much to agree with.

Your not wrong in saying it's not a very good game at it's core but to label it as a turd and to exaggerate in the way you do just features the other end of the spectrum.

The atmosphere is, at least for me, the key selling point. I bought into it and played the game to be a part of this universe and the game delivered on that front. From sneaking around T-800's or attacking the Central Core to playing as a Terminator and hunting down resistance fighters it fullfilled my ultimate fantasy of being a part of all of this more than i could have wished for. It could have been more fleshed out in terms of gameplay but that's ultimately not what i remember, and what makes me still smile today, when i think about it.

The sound effects, the music, the whole mood and the atmosphere is so dead right that you can't just shrug it off. It's actually what you account this game for more than anything else but we start to run in circles here.

Yes Salvation is much better than Rise of the Machines or anything after but still not a good movie to begin with and to say this game is worse than Salvation is a misconception.

YuLY

What an awful thread and opinion. Terminator Resistance is awesome and it is perfect to watch T1 and T2 then finish up the story by playing the game, it is perfect like that. Yes it is not high budget, it is budget linear Fallout, but the universe is important for it and elevates it.

OP is part of the problem in this industry and why we have less and less AA games. What an awful opinion.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
We can pretty much stop right here as this is the core distinction of our mindsets and why we will not find much to agree with.
True. In this case you either like it or you don't, nothing in between :messenger_relieved:

I like what it tried to do and did with the universe, the theme, the amsophere, the mood (yes, music is good too), but I don't like playing it cuz of the way it was designed, which is the biggest problem I have with the game. The reason I closed my eyes on some stuff in RoboCop (I've mentoned them here already and in the OT) is bc the issues that are there is very minor, it's a far better game and I LOVE >playing< it.

Your not wrong in saying it's not a very good game at it's core but to label it as a turd and to exaggerate in the way you do just features the other end of the spectrum.
But it's not a turd and I haven't said that. It simply reminds of B-tier FPS games of the past and so I've said that it's stinks with them, nothing more, nothing less.

OP is part of the problem in this industry and why we have less and less AA games. What an awful opinion.
I call BS on this.

1) Terminator: Resistance is nowhere near a AA game, not even close, not in a million years. It's through and through B-tier below awerage FPS no one is making anymore cuz they almost completely died out after X360 and PS3 era.

2) There's plenty of A/AA games that was released over the last idk how many years which were great and I like \ love them (A Plague Tale games to name but a few).

3) The problem is the game, not me or my opinion. As I've said above - I don't agree with insanly low scores the press given this game and it's better than 4,5/10.

4) If you like to play B-tier below average 2008-2009 FPS games 14-15 years later, good for you, everyone has their guilty pleasure of some sort and it just means that you don't really care if the game is outdated af as an FPS game and not that it's actually good as you say it is - believe it or not, there's a difference. It's also not making your point better. Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT did it far better than you and I respect his opinion just bc of that alone.

5) "Yeah, the game is not good" and then "but I don't care cuz I like this in it, hense you're wrong" is simply not the right way to look at things, let alone argue with someone, be it me or someone else.

6 I can sort of agree, if it's some minor thing (or a few) in the game and not really all that important to the gameplay and overall experience. Like... there's a lot of stuff you need to get through multiple for example (narrow passageways that hide loading), or idk... slow walking radio sections. But c'mon, don't you think it's a bit out of control on your end when it's the whole gameplay loop and FPS mechanics in an FPS game? This is a really major issue in my book bc it's 80% of what you'll be doing in the game, not some stuff you'll encounter 1-2 times during 4-5 hours. See what I'm getting at? I hope you do.

7) You could've done better by emphasizing that you like the game for this and that and then say that you understand if someone may not like it the way you do, which again - you clearly haven't done here and decided to go for a more aggressive routh.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

True. In this case you either like it or you don't, nothing in between :messenger_relieved:

I like what it tried to do and did with the universe, the theme, the amsophere, the mood (yes, music is good too), but I don't like playing it cuz of the way it was designed, which is the biggest problem I have with the game. The reason I closed my eyes on some stuff in RoboCop (I've mentoned them here already and in the OT) is bc the issues that are there is very minor, it's a far better game and I LOVE >playing< it.

But it's not a turd and I haven't said that. It simply reminds of B-tier FPS games of the past and so I've said that it's stinks with them, nothing more, nothing less.

It's like playing games from the 90's that looked bad but played good and your young mind would fill in the blanks with your own imagination because we didn't have anything better at that time. In that sense the game struck me so heavy on my emotions for the source material that i sunk deep into my imagination of being a resistance fighter. I never questioned the core gameplay since there isn't much to judge either. I just jumped into a game and came back out at the end with a satisfaction that scratched that certain itch for me.

I also was very much on the fence regarding the game giving how bad Rambo turned out and it where fellow Gaffers that talked me into playing this. So my expectations were low and on top i don't mind a bit of jank as long as a game has something special going for it.

You have a turd in your title which is highly offensive! :messenger_grinning_sweat: Maybe i read more exaggeration into your post than it had.

Last edited:

IAmRei

Dude, it is robot, killer robot tasked to kill human in efficiently, of course it wont miss in 200m. But if it done all time, could be serious balancing problem tho.

Havent play it yet. But now i want to try it.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
With Terminator: Resistance they obviously did a much better job, but at the same time they also didn't cuz Terminator: Resistance is one of the most painfully below average, boring af and a bog-standard FPS game I've played since X360 / PS3 era. It has absolutely everything that was bad about B-tier FPS games from 15-16 yrs ago - terrible gunplay and guns you can't even feel and which sounded like crap, painfully boring and repetitive encounter designs with cover mechanics, stupid enemies that don't miss at all even from 200m, terrible AI etc.

The more I played the game, the more it reminded me of Fallout 3 / New Vegas bc even though Terminator: Resistance was made on a UE4, it looks very similar to these games. The way you talk to the characters is very similar. But the worst part about it is FPS mechanics and overall gameplay loop - it's just so painful to interact and look at all of this in 2024, ugh.
Its defintely b-tier - But it is exactly why the game gets praise. It doesn't show off what it isn't. Its a Terminator game with gameplay mechanics from the PS360 era. I don't see why that's bad considering it isn't a triple A release.
I just don't get why this game is so praised on Steam, I just don't get it. What for? They sure did get the theme and the atmosphere of the Terminator's future war right, no doubt about it, but after playing the game for ~10 hours, I honestly can't say anything else good about it, even considering that you can make some dialogue choices etc.
The theme and atmosphere go a very long way in this instance. I have also read that gunplay is satisfying, but it isn't explained to what this is compared against. Nevertheless Resistance feels very much like its source material, which is a huge uptick considering so many games fail at this to begin with.

The bolded basically. I am tired of anyone doing these kinds of threads and labeling these kinds of games, who yes, have their caveats and their merits, as something absolute as a turd, dogshit, ''one of the most xxx made'' kinds of things. It goes to show how unwarranted hyperbole (Of which the OP is guilty of) serves to devalue the premise of what they are saying. If anything, it just annoyed me to see these buzzwords used when the OP continues to present their thesis. One i would disagree with, but can accept. But i disagree with it more because of the phrasing used.

In other words the point OP tries to make loses weight by including phrasing that doesn't serve to strengthen their argument.

Far as i know, Resistance, much like Rogue City, is intended to be a love letter to the franchise and Teyon does this better than most. It also means that attempting to being so true to the core material highlights the obvious flaws in said core material. It is very much a 80s movie retrofitted to a modern game with 80s mechanics.

Which makes it feel right for a lot of folks who digged that period, but judged with a modern lens, that nostalgic appeal will fall off fast.

MiguelItUp

To each their own, I loved the game. Was it a mind blowing life changing experience IMO? No. But it was a very solid AA game in the Terminator universe I thought. We haven't had a decent Terminator game in years, so it was nice to finally get one after so long. But for a budgeted AA title, I thought they did a great job. Even to tie it into the films.

Hell, even the movies have gone to shit. The games have been the only saving grace as of late with the IP.

Robocop Rogue City is a better game in a variety of ways to me, but they also expanded and had more money for development. Things that they didn't have for Resistance. I'm hoping that Terminator Survivors game is solid too, if not more so, but I'm iffy as I don't care for survival games much at all. 🫠

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It's like playing games from the 90's that looked bad but played good and your young mind would fill in the blanks with your own imagination because we didn't have anything better at that time. In that sense the game struck me so heavy on my emotions for the source material that i sunk deep into my imagination of being a resistance fighter. I never questioned the core gameplay since there isn't much to judge either. I just jumped into a game and came back out at the end with a satisfaction that scratched that certain itch for me.
I can give you an even better example. I'm pretty sure that nobody except me remember this game even existed👇

MV5BMjE2MDE1ODUxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjcwMjE0MQ@@._V1_.jpg

This was one hell of a "долгострой" as we like to say it in Russia in regards to games, which were developed for years and years and despite being outdated af for 15 years at least, they kept going and eventually the game was released in 2010. This was a giant passion project and it shows the moment you'll launch the game.

Now, unless you've played games like Myst, Phantasmagoria and stuff like that back in the 90s, unless you haven't watched Babylon 5, Lexx, Farscape etc. there's just no way you'd like this game, like, NONE. It was so bizzare to play a game like this back in 2010 like you would't believe. But the thing is... it's so fuckin' good at what it does that you just don't care if FMVs are outdated af, the GFX is straight from the mid to late 90s and gameplay is very similar to the first person adventure games of that era.

The moment you'll launch this game it'll instantly transport you back to the 90s and will remind you what an effin' good time it was. It's such a crime against humanity that no one can buy this game anymore and get it at least digitally via Steam and play it. It's literally the best Sci-Fi first person adventure game. You know, thinking about it just reminds me of one more masterpiece that was released ~1,5 years ago
👇

2x1_NSwitch_Signalis_image1600w.jpg

This was a love letter to old survival horror games and formula from the late 90s, the only difference was that perspective was different and this game even has the same level of puzzle presentation in first person view as Darkstar has or other similar games in the genre I've mentioned so it's actually a combination of two genres. I love this game to death!

I also was very much on the fence regarding the game giving how bad Rambo turned out and it where fellow Gaffers that talked me into playing this. So my expectations were low and on top i don't mind a bit of jank as long as a game has something special going for it.
I mean, I knew how bad Rembo was and that's why I haven't even touched and expected anything from a Terminator game. I think one of the problems I've faced with Terminator was that I've played this game after I've played and finished RoboCop. It's such a drastic contrast in quality. Now I can also see that RoboCop has a similar weapon upgrade mechanic from Terminator - chips you can install into weapons with various buffs, but obviously and thankfully in RoboCop they've gone waaay beyond just +18% to this and that, so you can change the way you play, you can change the way Auto 9 feels and behaves and make the combat way more satisfying and impactful visually.

RoboCop proven that these guys can do wonders and the only thing they're missed in the past was bigger budget and now access to better animators and character modelers, to iron out the issues with animations and character models. Teyon is like an old Starbreeze to me now and there's no other studio on the planet which can do what they do. I hope that someday they'll get out of the movie license thing and do something of their own from scratch, but before that... how about some actually great, dark and M rated af Predator game similar to Predator 2, huh? DO IT!

You have a turd in your title which is highly offensive! :messenger_grinning_sweat: Maybe i read more exaggeration into your post than it had.
I can't think of anything better to emphasise the smell. But again, the game is not a turd, that's Rambo: The Video Game:messenger_beaming:
I kinda wish that someday Teyon could shed the light on just WTF was this all about and why the game was so shit as it ended up being. I'm sure there's a fascinating story there waiting to be told.

Its defintely b-tier - But it is exactly why the game gets praise. It doesn't show off what it isn't. Its a Terminator game with gameplay mechanics from the PS360 era. I don't see why that's bad considering it isn't a triple A release.
And it's the game's biggest problem of this game. I just can't look past all that and I've tried. The thing that killed me is the mission where you have to meet some stipid scientist who's forcing you to clear a mansion full of Terminators. This was a giant red line for me.
The theme and atmosphere go a very long way in this instance. I have also read that gunplay is satisfying, but it isn't explained to what this is compared against. Nevertheless Resistance feels very much like its source material, which is a huge uptick considering so many games fail at this to begin with.
Have you played their RoboCop? Please do if you haven't and you'll instantly know what I mean by satisfying gunplay. I mean, dispite how practically not difficult firefights are in this game in terms of encounter designs (although they're gradually introducing more stuff throughout the whole game to mix things up), it's just NEVER gets old to walk into a room like an effin' tank, watch exploading heads and nuts, blood and brain splatters all over the place, flying paper, wood chips, plaster pieces, dust etc. It's just magnificent M rated galore and eyegasm.

Also, if we're not talking about FPS games, RoboCop vs. Terminator is the best Terminator game, even if it's not tied to any movie and characters whatsoever.

Robocop Rogue City is a better game in a variety of ways to me, but they also expanded and had more money for development. Things that they didn't have for Resistance. I'm hoping that Terminator Survivors game is solid too, if not more so, but I'm iffy as I don't care for survival games much at all. 🫠
That's exactly what I'm saying. Can you imagine just how much better Terminator game could've been if they had UE5 and the same amount of money as they had during RoboCop development? Daaaaamn:messenger_smiling_hearts:

But it didn't happen:messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

violence

I bought Terminator: Resistance PC a few days ago and I'm enjoying it. I'm told there is no better game if you a fan of the Terminator. The roughness kind of fits with the first movie.

CamHostage

Teyon's first game was one of the worst games ever made, I think no one will argue that bc it's a goddamn fact.

So, I'm curious what you think Teyon's first game was?

They've been around since 2006, and most of their first titles were only available in Poland and other European nations through budget distribution services. (You can't find any of this stuff on Steam today, MobyGames doesn't even have screenshots of some of these old things.) There's no way anybody here was around for like Burn or Blind Shot: Assassin's Confession, and most people wouldn't have gotten their stuff even when they were one of the few action-title producers making shooters (cheapo ones) for the DSi and later WiiWare service.

I'm going to guess you are thinking their first game was Rambo: The Video Game? That was the first time anybody paid Teyon real attention as a developer, but that was already 8 years into their run (and was basically a repurposing/polishing of their Heavy Fire autoscrolling shooter engine.) I never got to play it so I don't know how it turned out, but it seemed serviceable (if cheap) for a simple shooter, reviews were mediocre but not spiteful, and I know some people here who still talk about it a bit, so "worst game ever made" feels like a stretch, albeit it probably was a full-on letdown for fans wanting a "real" Rambo game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Sounds to me like studio that is growing and improving.

I’m currently playing Terminator, and it is pretty average. It’s also the kind of game that just doesn’t get made much anymore, so I can understand the praise.

Personally I prefer these types of slower FPS adventures where you’re completing missions, while fighting enemies, versus the modern style of walking scene, kill room, walking scene, kill room…

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm going to guess you are thinking their first game was Rambo: The Video Game? That was the first time anybody paid Teyon real attention as a developer, but that was already 8 years into their run (and was basically a repurposing/polishing of their Heavy Fire autoscrolling shooter engine.) I never got to play it so I don't know how it turned out, but it seemed serviceable (if cheap) for a simple shooter, reviews were mediocre but not spiteful, and I know some people here who still talk about it a bit, so "worst game ever made" feels like a stretch, albeit it probably was a full-on letdown for fans wanting a "real" Rambo game.
Well yeah, that's excactly right. If I'm being honest, I never bothered to check their backlog and just assumed that Rambo was their first game just bc it was the first time I ever heard about them:messenger_relieved:

so "worst game ever made" feels like a stretch
It's one of the worst:messenger_beaming:

With Terminator: Resistance they obviously did a much better job, but at the same time they also didn't cuz Terminator: Resistance is one of the most painfully below average, boring af and a bog-standard FPS game I've played since X360 / PS3 era. It has absolutely everything that was bad about B-tier FPS games from 15-16 yrs ago - terrible gunplay and guns you can't even feel and which sounded like crap, painfully boring and repetitive encounter designs with cover mechanics, stupid enemies that don't miss at all even from 200m, terrible AI etc.

What Teyon really capable of was clearly and only shown in RoboCop: Rogue City, not in Terminator: Resistance. Is this game better than Terminator: Salvation (the movie, not a game)? No, afaic it simply is not, even if it's closer to how future war was presented in the first two movies visually.
I'm not sure if this will change anything, but I think it helps to understand the context of why some here consider it a good game(not a great game, a good game).

As CamHostage CamHostage pointed out, the developer has come a long way and has been getting better as time goes on. They used to make titles that were grades F and D at best, and Terminator Resistance was their first C+/B- title. If Robocop is a solid B or B+ by comparison, then it means they are still on the right track of improvement.

Agent_4Seven Agent_4Seven I think one of the issues here is that you're judging them how most of us would judge top tier developers like Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch for example, where one could reasonably argue if their older works are better or worse than their newer works. This can't really work with Teyon because their line of quality between games has been completely linear, like so:

58f49e13fe27e0dc0bbb05213c596eface6c67d0.png

Because of that, there is no older title they had that was incredible and then the team suddenly dropped in quality or changed. It's why saying 'Their Robocop is clearly better than this Terminator game' is technically right, but the way you've pointed that out implies it could have been as good as Robocop, which simply isn't true.

Robocop is as good as it is because Terminator Resistance existed before it.

RoboCain

I bought T:R at launch and loved it. I haven't read a single review praising its technical aspects. The strong point of this game is the story and how it fits in the movies' lore.

Also, you need to understand that Terminator fans are used to eating shit. Specially in the video games department. In that context, this game is easily the best videogame (if not expanded universe product overall) that we ever got.

As for R:RC, the game is fine for what it is, and as a Robocop fan, I love it just for existing. But I'd argue as a game is just as flat as T:R was. The dialogue option has little consecuencies, the upgrades doesn't affect gameplay that much. The gameplay is just shooting and talking to people. The only reason it got the success it had is presentation, Peter Weller coming back and the fact that you plays as Robocop instead of some other random universe character like in T:R.

I personally didn't like the story's tone. The story has a positive hopeful heroic feeling tone where as the movies where a lot more black comedy nihilistic tone where no one cares about anything and people dies in funny ways.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

I really enjoyed Terminator: Resistance. It has that B movie feeling to it, and is technically outdated etc. But the story is good, the soundtrack is freakin' great, the atmosphere is there and it's actually pretty tense at times (wish they would've made it more like Alien Isolation, killing terminators with a knife from behind always felt weird). RoboCop is the better game, but I agree that it's better thanks to what Teyon learned from Terminator. I hope they return to the franchise!

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
RoboCop is the better game, but I agree that it's better thanks to what Teyon learned from Terminator. I hope they return to the franchise!
I think it's time to get a proper T3, cuz Hollywood can't do shit. Teyon did it with RoboCop: Rogue Legacy where original RoboCop 3 almost completely failed to deliver (love the police against the giant corp though, that was great and they even expanded this in the game), so I think they can do it again.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Anyone else expecting a Robocop vs Terminator game next? They’ve got both licenses, so why not?

Last edited:

Hydroxy

This thread prompted me to buy the game and try for myself. Its actually decent. I can't believe it has metacritric score of 47. It certainly not a great game but the reviews are too brutal.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I loved T:R and Robocop. Yeah, they are basic but they are also just chill beer n pretzel type games. Hit all the nostalgia for the IP as well. The Annihillation Line DLC was fun and recreated the opening of T1 in such a great way since you got to know those scrubs with Reese over the course of the mission.

The studio gets the fun of the IP. Having the disco music in the shelter straight from T1, the vhs video store shootout, bringing in the robocop 2 cyborg, knocking boots left and right, it's all great fun.

Top Bottom