• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The Last of Us: Yes, another LTTP for The Last of Us

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I disagree, for me survival difficulty is the most balance and fun. It gives you enough bullets to survive but not enough to start a fire fight.
I agree with this completely. It wasn't until I did my survivor playthrough on PS4 that I realized that a masterpiece it was and how much more tense the game was having to pick and scrounge and consider every single resource. The only thing I didn't like is that if you had a melee weapon, you couldn't force the game to use fists.

I also finished the game on Grounded. THAT was a bitch. Especially the Elle chapter firefights.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Anyone playing TLOU for the 1st time, or for a 2nd run, should play it in Hard Dificulty. The game is much more well balanced and the gameplay shines much more when you have less resorces and you need to make strategies about how you going to take enemies down. Hard mode also disables the x-ray vision.

They clearly adjusted the Normal dificulty to be enjoyed by a larger audience, but we get too many resorces to the point we can gun down all the enemies, and it hurts the great gameplay this game has when you try mixing up gunning with stealth and melee instead.
If you have the chance plays the MP... it is where you fully utilize the gameplay mechanics.

Gameplay in this game shines and rise to heavens on MP.

Last edited:
To sum up, what impressed me the most is how superior TLOU is compared to Uncharted 4 in general, which was a boring fest with terrible gunplay and too much climbing...

this. you can sense both the enthusiasm, & the focused vision, that went into last of us. you can sense neither of these things with uncharted 4. it's a game with an awkward story, & with no clear purpose other than 'it's time for another uncharted game'. & the tweaks they added (more traversal, semi-open world exploration) came off more as negatives than positives...

Last edited:
It has one of the best third person gameplay ever created lol
Especially when playing with Ellie. Can’t wait for TLOU2, the thought of that strong muscular back bristling with sweat under tattered clothes.....oooh....oooh....ooohmyyyy

best game eva!!

DonJimbo

At First i didnt like it but i am very excited to play part 2 on the pro and on the 5

Last edited:
Top Bottom