• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ltTp: uNchArTed 4: mOrE lIKe uNcHarTEd bOrE

giphy.gif

Grinchy

Banned
LTTP: Gears of Bore: Bore

GET IT?

War rhymes with BORE

AND SO DOES FOUR

SO THAT GAME IS DOUBLE BORING OKAY

GEARS OF WAR 4 FOUR TIMES THE BORE

giphy.gif

That's a pretty accurate review of Gears 4, though. You take a game that is nothing but one shooting gallery after another and you allow it to have horrible input lag and very limited ammo for anything other than the most standard guns at the higher difficulties, and you get Gears of Bore Bore.

Boss Mog

Ratings are overrated, i had more fun playing edf than i ever had with rdr2.
I'm glad more and more people are starting to wake up when it comes to RDR, those games are boring as fuck, with the most mediocre of gameplay and the most lackluster of mission design. Graphics and overall presentation are obviously top notch but it's a game, not a movie; gameplay matters.

jadefire66

I'm glad more and more people are starting to wake up when it comes to RDR, those games are boring as fuck, with the most mediocre of gameplay and the most lackluster of mission design. Graphics and overall presentation are obviously top notch but it's a game, not a movie; gameplay matters.

You just described 95% of PS4 exclusives...

Also what does LTTP mean again? I always read it as "Link to the Past" lol

danielberg

Neophyte
Depends what you want out of a game fun, fear, action, competition, story etc.. i can do with most genres i even like walking simulators from time to time (edith finch was borderline goty for me).. rdr2 just didnt do it for me for some reason maybe open world fatigue.

Depends what you want out of a game fun, fear, action, competition, story etc.. i can do with most genres i even like walking simulators from time to time (edith finch was borderline goty for me).. rdr2 just didnt do it for me for some reason maybe open world fatigue.
I was feeling some open world fatigue as well. I played Days Gone not that long after I stopped playing RDR2, and loved it. Days Gone is fun to play, and RDR2 is just boring.

Reactions: Isa

Yumi

Honestly for years in the early 2000’s I often wondered why everybody was name dropping A Link to the Past then talked about some garbage ps2 game nobody cared about.
Thought the same. And it still kinda works.

Saruhashi

Banned
LTTP - Videogames

"Guys I just don't understand how this video game that critics and players love is any good? I mean it has many of the features of contemporary video games like controls, mechanics, in game systems but with a distinctive flavor in things like art-style and storytelling but I just don't understand why people like it."

I think it is possible to understand your own preferences while also being able to comprehend why certain games are popular in general.

It always seemed obvious to me why games like Uncharted 4, Horizon and RDR2 would be massively popular and very well received even if they don't particularly cater to my tastes.

Sometimes it honestly feels like people approach a game like there are no "layers" to what a game actually is and so the attitude seems to be "I was playing RE2 Remake and it was a blast but this Red Dead 2 is just so boring in comparison". Well, you know, they are COMPLETELY different things.

People don't really do this with other media. When choosing a movie folks generally will go with something that fits their mood and their preferences.
Can't be that many people who are thinking "I had a blast watching Home Alone so I can't wait to watch Schindler's List next".

If you like games then it doesn't automatically follow that you will like EVERY game.

A basic Google search for reviews can show why people liked Game A and why people liked Game B and so on.

If you are into a bit of cinematic story telling, good voice acting, good writing with some less involved, less complex gameplay then Uncharted 4 is gonna be a good game for you. Probably taking about 15 to 20 hours to get through.

If you are looking for 100s of hours worth of in-depth RPG style mechanics then that's not Uncharted 4.

Yumi

Playing through Uncharted 4 the whole time I was like "Do they even know HOW to make an adventure game!?!?", aimlessly wondering around with forgettable characters and not even serviceable combat. It was just more of the same slog as the coveted Uncharted 2 that I was only able to get through because of Chloe's super hot ass, but even that was unrealistic. Insert any Sony first party game and its just a stupid 3rd person story action Uncharted clone. Can't Sony show any innovation?

And don't even get me started of all the other games I've been late to the party for because I'm smart enough not to buy any game at launch cause I know it will suck ass. Dark Souls 3 was "Hey lets just take everything from the past Souls game and mix them together the best we can to bore our fans to tears. It's like does From Software even have an imagination anymore, or are they just gonna keep milking the "Magic" from the first souls game that was archaic as fuck but all the hardcore gamers are like "you don't understand unless you play souls git gud".

Anything Microsoft makes now is laughable without even being mentioned.

You'd think Nintendo could be a saving grace except they keep making the same old Mario, Zelda, and kiddy bullshit. Mario odyssey was just a poorly made Mario 64 clone made worse by hunting down 1000 stupid moons by doing meaningless bullshit. What do you even do in Zelda breath of the wild without your weapons breaking? the most boring Open world game since Elder Scrolls Skyrim. Just stop making Open world games in general, they all suck and have nothing to do in them.

Any new game is basically not worth playing cause its just some "improved" version of something that has already been done, and you cant go back and play the old shit cause it hold up like hell. Gaming is fucking dead and you're stupid if you enjoy any of it except Fortnite.

Arachnid

That's a pretty accurate review of Gears 4, though. You take a game that is nothing but one shooting gallery after another and you allow it to have horrible input lag and very limited ammo for anything other than the most standard guns at the higher difficulties, and you get Gears of Bore Bore.
Agreed for the single player, but Gears multiplayer is always a blast. Especially with a squad. There is no other multiplayer shooter like it.

Top Bottom