• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Young Justice (Teen Titans was better)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

I loved the comic, never had a chance to get into the cartoon due to how it got treated.

Been wondering how the cartoon got the okay, I remember how Dan Didio hated the comic concept and made sure it wasn't going to stick around.

Slayven

I like it too, except I think the leather jacket clashes too much. I like the color coded jacket combined with the classic one
Superboy-Conner-2.jpg

(The one in the middle)
You cray cray, Superboy did for leather jackets what Miley did for Twerking. He made it hot and relevant.

Conner is my 2nd favorite superhero, and you and I both know those costumes are terrible.

The original actually looks pretty decent once they adjust the volume on the 90s knob down, though.

There we go.

No sir. Jacket so hot that his teammates tried to cop his style. That is right before he was in Young Justice, Superboy ran his own crew the Ravers

Superboy_and_the_Ravers_3.jpg

entremet

Completely disagree. The show was fantastic. Also you're not at all selling TT as the "more mature show" to me at all. It was a Saturday morning cartoon with lesson-of-the-week arcs and that was about it. Well made for its audience and I don't want to sound condescending towards it, but its characters didn't have nearly the complexity that YJ's cast did.
Preach!

You cray cray, Superboy did for leather jackets what Miley did for Twerking. He made it hot and relevant.

No sir. Jacket so hot that his teammates tried to cop his style. That is right before he was in Young Justice, Superboy ran his own crew the Ravers

The Ravers had a Chinese-American woman and a gay Latino, who says comics don't have diversity?

Also color coded jacket > leather

badb0y

Completely disagree with the OP. Young Justice was a fantastic show and I was really disappointed when they canceled it.

The Adder

Banned

Only one hero can pull off the Civvies over Supers look and that's this man right here:

I liked the first season, but I feel like season 2
lost focus and it was more about a big war story instead of the character focus that made me like season 1 so much. There were too many changes, too many characters, too much Blue Beetle. A 5 year timeskip was a mistake, IMO.

I liked the first season, but I feel like season 2
lost focus and it was more about a big war story instead of the character focus that made me like season 1 so much. There were too many changes, too many characters, too much Blue Beetle. A 5 year timeskip was a mistake, IMO.

They pulled off

Kal'dur "betraying" them so well. But I agree, 5 year skip was a bit much, it was neat seeing Tim fill Dick's shoes.

Renekton

I love YJ, but it had some odd design choices that came back to bite.

Some characters were not fleshed out, like Tim, Wonder Girl, Bumblebee and Rocket. Then again even if they had the bandwidth to do the characters justice, they should have stuck with S1 core with minor expansion for another season JLA style. Finally, Superboy's stunted growth arc went nowhere and Deathstroke just went poof, WTH?

Strike

Thread: LTTP: Young Justice (Teen Titans was better)
No, it was not (Titans or GO).
Someone tried to tell me it was as good as TAS before I watched it and no, son, it is not.
This is true, but it was well on its way to being at least as good as Justice League Unlimited before it got its legs cut from under it. I'm still mad at Cartoon Network for cancelling this and Sym-Bionic Titan.

entremet

I'm done with all of the DCAU plus YJ. Man, do I miss that universe.

Too bad YJ didn't perform. I would've loved another DCAU. Sucks.

what i hated about teen titans was how anime wannabe it was in terms of animation and style. same goes for avatar. just cringeworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom