• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Madame Web" | Rotten Watch

ManaByte

Who watched these dailies and thought this is good.
OIP.YgBYn3R7lkcCc44guLRh8gAAAA

jason10mm

Gold Member
‘Lets sell this piece of shit by making out that Sydney Sweeney ends up in a skin tight black spider costume!’

’Thats not in the film, though.’

’Who cares? The idiots will have paid by then.’

100% guarantee this conversation happened.
More importantly, who the HELL casts Dakota, Sydney, and that Dora chick and DOESNT have them in bikinis, tight latex, and wet t-shirts the entire film?

It would be like casting Sly, Arnie, or Cavill for a film and then they don't punch anyone. Whats the point?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Isn't his wife like 30 years younger than him? He just had a kid too. I guess trying to keep up with all that helps lol.

Did anyone watch this thing?

Wait... You really thought that was Bob Deniro? It's John Campea, a YouTube movie reviewer and pundit.

Got zero complaints about Sydney Sweeney's (absolutely slamming) body but the face is just okay for me. She doesn't look bright (wouldnotbang.meme.jpg)

On the other hand people don't seem to fawn over Dakota Johnson much but she's got kind of a discount Sophie Marceau vibe that I'm totally into.

I'm pretty sure I've never watched anything either one of them is in though.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Saw it in true IMAX Dual Laser a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoyed it for what it was but there are definitely some pretty bad moments. The dialogue and situations are sometimes unintentionally funny.

I never watched the trailer and had no idea what the movie was about, I sorta figured it was a Gwen movie or something of the sort. I expected the three girls to get power at some point but it didn't bother me they didn't.

The biggest flaw in the story is that the villain seems to have these superpowers that he never quite uses to his full potential against the four main characters. He chases them using his powers but doesn't follow through. The movie minimize his abilities in the fights. Would have made more sense to keep him lower powered throughout.

The other thing that didn't make sense was the villain having government surveillance powers to know where the good guys are at all times, yet the main character is able to make it out to South America undetected?

Not a good movie by any means but better the The Marvels and Morbius for sure.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Is this more memes than the Jared Leto vampire movie? I will only see it if it's meme worthy.
Personally I find dakota's performance infinitely more hilarious than anything in Morbius. Morbius just felt like a movie written by an a.i. or something. Like it it had a faint idea of how a movie script is supposed to function and it just sort of assembled one based on third party descriptions.

OneBigPuss

It's received the Hideo Kojima "I saw it" award

From what i know about "Kojima reviews" on twitter is that he just describes the movies he saw and says few things about it from his point of view but the score is in the number of sentences he writes. The less he writes about the movie he saw the less he likes it. No description about Madam Web says it all then :p

Again, how can anyone watch the acting of Syndey Sweeney and say it's anything but horrible. I never heard about her before but when I saw 'Anyone but you' , which is a terrible movie, I immediately said "she must have slept with the director"...

Everyone else sees that she's only being put in movies/series for her body assets right? Even though I think she has a butterface with the horse mouth.

GymWolf

Again, how can anyone watch the acting of Syndey Sweeney and say it's anything but horrible. I never heard about her before but when I saw 'Anyone but you' , which is a terrible movie, I immediately said "she must have slept with the director"...

Everyone else sees that she's only being put in movies/series for her body assets right? Even though I think she has a butterface with the horse mouth.
I think her face is a bit shrodinger, under the right condition it looks nice, unde the wrong condition she looks like dead fish eye billie eilish.

Top Bottom