• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Square Enix game in production as a Sony exclusive, reveal soon

Elios83

The leak was talking about Chrono Cross (and it was supposed to be announced in December) and FF9 remake.

The future FF7R parts are a given, Jim Ryan has probably put those in his personal safe :messenger_tears_of_joy:

At this point i wonder how much money Sony has spent on all timed exclusivity with Square-Enix in the last 10 years.

I'm always expecting them to acquire Square-Enix since that Final Fantasy movie flopped in the early 2000's, lmao.

Im assuming they saved a lot of money losing the starfield deal lol

Midn1ght

Square's main business nowadays is signing exclusive deals.

I hate it but it's hard to blame them, Sony and Epic keep throwing money and they're probably making hundreds of millions before even selling one copy.

Lognor

Banned
I don't know this source, but it's not hard to believe. SE and Sony have done a lot of these deals over the years. And I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. For me, their output has been extremely underwhelming,.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Square's main business nowadays is signing exclusive deals.

I hate it but it's hard to blame them, Sony and Epic keep throwing money and they're probably making hundreds of millions before even selling one copy.

Pretty sure Nintendo paid for Bravely Default, Octopath, and Triangle Strategy too. Seems like Nintendo moneyhats only exclude Sony since they all came to PC and now Monster Hunter Rise is too.

Duchess

If it's not Parasite Eve, I'm going to be really, really angry, and I'll write them a letter to tell them how angry I am.

We need more petite blondes.

Sensei

Xenogears Remake?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I believe it is FF9 or whatever another FF remake out there. He heavily implied Final Fantasy mainline series.

Last edited:

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
They can, IF MS shows them the bag.

Marvel avengers ate some money from them. and that game, still drying them up.

That was 2020.

Only thing that is keeping them alive, is ff14, and Sony exclusive deals.
I don't think MS can buy a Japanese company.
We already know FFVIIR episode 2 is coming. And who knows, maybe Dragon Quest XII too.
Maybe Crono-cross and Final Fantasy 9 remake?

kingfey

Banned
I don't think MS can buy a Japanese company.
That is fake. They can.
Only thing they cant buy, is government companies, like energy.

"Based on increasing importance of ensuring cyber security in recent years, we decided to take necessary steps, including addition of integrated circuit manufacturing, from the standpoint of preventing as appropriate a situation that will severely affect Japan’s national security,” Japanese ministries said in a statement.
Japan wants to prevent a leakage of technology deemed important for national security or damage to defense output and technological foundation, they added.
The new rule will be applied to 20 sectors in information and communications industries, according to the joint statement by the finance ministry, trade ministry and communications ministry.
Under the foreign exchange and foreign trade control law, Japan brings certain industries such as airplanes, nuclear-related sectors and arms manufacturing under foreign capital controls."

Gaming doesnt fall under that rule.

Top Bottom