• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Square Enix game in production as a Sony exclusive, reveal soon

Rat Rage

Hey yo, Square Enix!

]
200.gif

mortal

Gold Member
Maybe it's that rumored Chrono Cross remaster? Or alternatively FF VII Remake part 2.

Besides those I have no idea what it could realistically be

jigglet

Banned
A Final Fantasy 13 remaster, it's a chance to right their shameful, shameful wrongs and make it a proper PS exclusive this time.

Katajx

Gold Member

Belthazar

Can't blame Square tbh, if Nintendo, Sony and Epic want to keep throwing big money at them for those deals they would be pretty dumb to not accept.

Ebidramon

Banned
I don't know, Final Fantasy IX Remake just seems way too good to be true.
And after all those bullshit rumors about Metal Gear Solid Remake...

But then again, announcement of Final Fantasy VII Remake was also something no one expected, and it happened.

Maybe it could be 1:1 remake, and not reimagination.

It will probably be something not bad, but definitely not something most of us hope for.

ResetERA? VGC? Yeah, hard pass on this rumor having any major credibility. Then again, I am simply done with "rumors" from "journalists/insiders" or "insiders" in general these days, unless they relate to actual new hardware.

Hardware-based ones give way less wiggle room to worm about and backtrack on possible BS claims; you usually get definitively proven right or close-to-right, or exposed as being outright wrong, since hardware decisions can't usually change willy-nilly nearly as frequently as software ones.

Firmly in the "wait for official announcement" camp for this.

Xenogears Remake?

Maybe we can get a Disc 2 that's actually a game this time and not mostly a visual novel (personally have no qualms with visual novels as a genre, it's just clear Xenogears production was cut short. Painfully short).

Last edited:

reksveks

If it comes to PC, I don't give a F. I am interested to see if those games end up on the Microsoft Store like Forspoken or if that was a weird one time thing.

I'm shocked that you trust modern S-E to remake that game. It can only go downhill.

I liked what they did with FF7R. Although I don't expect S-E to give FF9 the same budget. But yes I trust S-E to remake the game. Noone else can do it.

reksveks

I'm shocked that you trust modern S-E to remake that game. It can only go downhill.

I liked what they did with FF7R. Although I don't expect S-E to give FF9 the same budget. But yes I trust S-E to remake the game. Noone else can do it.

I think the hatred is largely two things:

- Change from old school turn based to their more action realtime battle strategy
- Story spoiler
The meta narrative of the storyline and the fact that they are 'revising' the story/history
- Weaker one is the fact that one game is now 3 games min

Good news imo (90% confident) is that they aren't going to do the same trick again on FF9 than they did on FF7. I am not sure on the other two possible issue, if it's a simple remaster than i think you might be alright on the other two points. If it is a full remake, you might have issues.

Last edited:
Good news imo (90% confident) is that they aren't going to do the same trick again on FF9 than they did on FF7.

I also don't think so. FF7 has a lore that is more expansive than FF9. That game had a lot of spin off and a movie. The original creators of the game is obviously invested in the lore and the world of FF7 and they want to flesh out the story in the remake.

FF9 is much simpler. I would be happy with a simple remake with modern graphics.

Top Bottom