• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making of - Ico

Kev Kev

this game was such a nice surprise. id seen it at the game store for years but always thought it looked like a kids game, and kind of lame. but i heard it was a puzzle type game somewhere which piqued my interest. so i looked up some videos/reviews and thought, "hey that actually looks good", picked it up at the store and was pretty much blown away. it was that new, fresh feeling of playing a game that you know is really good, and it kept getting better. i think i only played through it once, but it left quite the impact.

sad to say *raises shield* i never finished shadow of the colossus :messenger_weary: still gotta do that one of these days. thanks for sharing the video!

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Still in my top 10 fifteen years after playing it, also definitely in my top 3 that I can name immediately if I were to do a top 10 list.

The bridge scene makes me cry every time without fail. A stunning classic that I can still play today.

TexMex

I'm still gutted that Bluepoint didn't do Ico at the same time as Shadow of the Colossus.

Same. But man, if there was one of the two that would benefit more from new tech - it's Shadow. Original release had frames dipping into the teens. Could be rose colored glasses but I just don't remember the performance of the original being as jarringly bad. I definitely prefer it to Shadow tho.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Loved the 3D version. I needs a proper remaster. Such a fantastic experience, the ending left me broken for days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom