• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe confirmed (with playable Inkling, new Battle Mode, etc.)

rj118

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhZGrJikQeo

New video! Features the Urchin Underpass battle stage and Inklings

45tHKj2.jpg

watershed

Banned
Why was this not a part of the presentation? I guess Nintendo wanted to focus on all the new stuff but a lot of the new stuff barely exists yet and I imagine they could have put together a cool trailer for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
It's Switch Conference Night!

We know you are very excited, and lots of news and announcements are taking place, but it's important that we be able to manage the flow of information here so people can quickly and easily see what's going on. As a result, we are locking threads for the following reasons:

- Thread is a duplicate of another thread. Don't worry, enough people will make threads about any announcement that you don't have to!
- Thread is missing key information in the OP. It's OK to wait a few seconds before making a thread if it means that you will have a clearer title and original post.
- Thread is a "5 second reaction". You have a lot of feelings built up about the Switch. That's OK. But you don't need to make a thread for every idle thought about what was not shown, or who was there, or if you think Nintendo will be bankrupt or victorious. You can discuss all of these things in relevant threads, or wait a little while until things slow down a bit.
- Thread is "Where was <Game X>?" We don't know. No one knows. If we knew, there'd be a thread about it.
- Fanfiction. Remember that a few years from now when you make a thread for dating advice, this will be in your thread creation history.
- Bumped an old thread. Wow you really owned the person who was wrong!!!!

Thanks!

HotHamBoy

It's going to take a month to complete Zelda BotW. Nintendo is expecting that game to hold people over for at least a month

Not saying Zelda isn't what most people want, but the whole "you'll play the one option we give you each quarter" has been Nintendo's problem for years now.

LOLDSFAN

The trailer really did nothing for me. I wonder if there will be a 9 down the road or we'll have to wait until Switch 2 or something.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
It's going to take a month to complete Zelda BotW. Nintendo is expecting that game to hold people over for at least a month

Not everyone wants Zelda, and even if that were the case the launch lineup so far IS looking pretty pathetic. I thought that was the whole point of unifying their development groups, so we didn't have to deal with shit like this.

Luke_Wal

It seems super weird they couldn't get this out in time for lunch. Makes it seem like they're rushing the system out just to hit fiscal, regardless of when the games (like ARMS, which seems like a classic launch game) are actually ready.

big_z

this needs to be a $35 players choice if there is nothing new but some characters and the battlemode that should have been in there originally.

Galang

Banned
Inklings are pretty cool... but hopefully you can change the skin color in this.

The trailer really did nothing for me. I wonder if there will be a 9 down the road or we'll have to wait until Switch 2 or something.

Makes little sense for them to do 9 on the same engine when they can just add more content to 8. I doubt we will see a completely new MK or Smash until Switch 2.

Top Bottom