• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe confirmed (with playable Inkling, new Battle Mode, etc.)

Qwark

Cool, but kind of peeved they never bothered fixing battle modes in the Wii U version, everybody knew it sucked.

Syntax

Is there going to be DLC for the Wii U version including the new Deluxe stuff?

Can't imagine they're keen to undermine switch sales.

This is pretty bogus. The fact that this release focuses so heavily on the battle mode pretty much solidifies that Nintendo knew damn well they screwed the pooch on the OG release. Totally should have been available as DLC for Wii U owners, I can't imagine anyone bothering to upgrade to this. :/

Leatherface

Kind of feel burned right now. This could easily be a $15 DLC and yet they want me to buy a new system and shell out $60 for a game I own 80% of? fuck off. Wheres all the new tracks?!!

Considering they're fixing the one big flaw of MK8, they've pretty much made the definitive Kart Racer. I love special editions.

Roo

can we voice chat?

Using your phone, yeah

Online lobby and voice chat

Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.

A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017.

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

Oddduck

This is pretty bogus. The fact that this release focuses so heavily on the battle mode pretty much solidifies that Nintendo knew damn well they screwed the pooch on the OG release. Totally should have been available as DLC for Wii U owners, I can't imagine anyone bothering to upgrade to this. :/

Kind of feel burned right now. This could easily be a $15 DLC and yet they want me to buy a new system and shell out $60 for a game I own 80% of? fuck off. Wheres all the new tracks?!!

That's how I feel as well.

Making Wii U owners have to pay full price just to get a decent battle mode is stupid.

I'm kinda surprised that they only added new battle tracks. The time between Wii U's 8 release and this is almost 3 years, they usually create a brand new Mario Kart in that amount of time.

There have been two DLC packs with new tracks inbetween the original and Deluxe versions though:

Launch = May 29th 2014
The Legend of Zelda (DLC Pack 1) = November 13th 2014
Animal Crossing (DLC Pack 2) = April 23rd 2015

The release timing suggests they were probably developed after launch.

1080p sounds nice.

It doesn't say native resolution, it could well be upscaled.

SaikyoBro

all i wanted was diddy kong

And seriously, no new tracks? I'm going to feel like a jackass buying this game for $60 but I know myself well enough to know that I'm going to end up getting it anyway.

Parapraxis

Considering they're fixing the one big flaw of MK8, they've pretty much made the definitive Kart Racer. I love special editions.

Yay they fixed what they should have had originally in the game and want people to re-buy it at full price!

yay Nintendo, yay us!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Since I'm probably not getting Switch anytime soon I'm praying for Wii U battle mode DLC.

Nessus

Give me Block Fort and this will be the perfect Mario Kart game. Never got MK8 on Wii U so it'll be nice to get it with all the DLC plus new stuff.

So excited for this. Love MK8. It's my favorite Mario Kart by a wide margin. No battle mode was a bummer. Seeing it properly reintroduced with SMK battle mode tracks brings me so much joy.

Glad I didn't get on the hype train or looked at all the rumors. Seems like disappointment is through the roof around the conference.

I'm kind of not feeling burned because I'll be able to take the greatest mario kart game ever anywhere I go, with it's sole flaw fixed

Top Bottom