• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe confirmed (with playable Inkling, new Battle Mode, etc.)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I have to say these games are getting spread out in a pretty typical Nintendo fashion. I do wonder if they ever really could have launched in 2016.

Boxart:

aRcKLbRChTkJ7FbNIBu3oLiGwJSeaUUT.png

Blues1990

Okay, Dry Bones is coming back. One of my friends (who was bummed that Koopa was absent in the Wii U version) is going to be pretty happy about it.

Illucio

Banned
Dry Bones back?

Oh and Arenas are definitely back.

Okay Nintendo I'll buy the new one, just don't be full price kay?

deleted

On the one hand - battle mode <3
On the other hand - no block fort :(

On the one hand - new drivers
On the other hand - non I care for

On the one hand - no new tracks :(
On the other hand - feather!!!

FEATHER!!! I'm so in!

Berordn

Wait, INKLINGS are in this??? Why wasn't this in the conference?

Outside of them and the other new characters plus their vehicles, battle mode is the only other addition from the PR.

Not much to show off that they didn't during the segments. It's just a quick enhanced port to pad out the early library.

suaveric

I'm kinda surprised that they only added new battle tracks. The time between Wii U's 8 release and this is almost 3 years, they usually create a brand new Mario Kart in that amount of time.

On the one hand - battle mode <3
On the other hand - no block fort :(

On the one hand - new drivers
On the other hand - non I care for

On the one hand - no new tracks :(
On the other hand - feather!!!

FEATHER!!! I'm so in!

Splatoon track isn't new?
Edit: Apparently it's a battle track.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Only new tracks looked like they were for battle mode, not standard races. If that's the case I'll be passing, I don't care for battle mode and don't care about the additional characters.

Top Bottom