• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe website updated with a bunch of screens, videos, and art

img_sfc-chara.png

Whoever at Nintendo they have to do the 2D artwork and manages to retain that standardised SMB3 style needs a raise and their own 2D Mario project.

I fixed that for you! :D But yeah I love the style too and I can't wait for MK8 Deluxe even though I own all the DLC and played hours and hours on my Wii U :)

My friends might prefer Mario Kart Wii but for me Mario Kart 8 is simply amazing :p

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Picking it up since we got rid of the Wii U. Looking forward to playing it again, as it feels like something straight out of the arcades.

Brofield

I wonder if this should be the first game I start going digital with. I mean, it would be nice to never forget the memory card like I did MK7 on my 3DS, and with no download play this looks to be an essential game to always have on the go for multiplayer

Actually, I wonder if you can do four players on two Switches like NBA 2K in that reveal trailer

GDGF

Soothsayer
This was by far my most played Wii U game. Sold it when I sold the system but will definitely be picking it up again for the Switch.

Having already bought Mario Kart 8 when it came out, and playing it for only a short time, I said I wouldn't double-dip on this version. However, the Switch is going to be so game-starved for months, that I might cave.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
day 1 digital purchase

brown inkling boy comin atcha on battle mode online in a handheld - what a time to be alive

Jacce

Banned
Why are people calling it a crime it's not free for WiiU owners?

How often do other publishers let people who bought the original game on a completely different system get the GOTY edition for free/discount on another system?

I am pretty certain that has never been the case. You always have to buy the GOTY one at full price if you want to get it.

Digital is s must for this game. Want full access all time.

Interesting, opposite for me.

I would never play this without my wife around so this is probably the only switch game that will get me to use the dock.

Zelda/puyo puyo (the only game's I've bought/pre ordered) are exclusively handheld solo games for me.

Plum

The only crime here would be if there's no option to do 3 laps with the N64 Rainbow Road. Come on, Nintendo!

Neo_Geo

Banned
Crime? Really? A discount would be welcome but it could only work for digital.

It can really only work digitally, yes. But discount pricing for those that own MK8+DLC Pack 1 & 2 digitally should be offered. Those digital owners should get the game for $30 at the absolute max, $45 for those that have the DLC packs would be a nice gesture as well.

That would be more than fair considering it is essentially the same game with a higher resolution and a 3rd DLC pack added in. That on top of the fact that that customer was basically a Beta Tester for the Switch experience by buying into the Wii U.

That is unless Nintendo just plans to go into total DGAF mode and going forward expects ports of previous games with a bit of added content merit full price regardless of previous ownership. This will sadly probably be the case.

That said, this is an insanely good value for people new to MK8, best value of the year in gaming behind BOTW, imo.

Game is already the 11th best seller of 2017 for Amazon.

I Think if the switches continues to be successful all year, might surpass the Wii U version.

Download play is unrealistic, the load times between tracks would be way too long unless they go the route of Mario Party Star Rush where they have a "guest" version downloadable on the eshop.

Unai

Do 200cc Time Trials have staff ghosts?

For reals, but I wonder how they'll work since we no longer have Miiverse stamps.

I figure it's the only reason TT is getting 200cc. I feel the staff were still perfecting their times even after the update released.

That's what I imagine. Expert Time Trial ghosts were one of the things I missed in MK8.

Wait, where is it saying that time trial will have 200cc support? That would be amazing!

Sapiens

I know I've played it to death on U, but it's become my go to online game. Can't wait to have it in 1080p60.

Gimme that 60th frame!!!!!!

Armorous

Will this be playable with one of the 2 joycons? So 2 players could play with the stuff that came in the switch box?

Edit: Thanks for the confirmation! Definitely going to pick this up.

I'll probably wait for a price drop, but I can't be too mad considering Nintendo did give you a free game (I got MH3U) for buying the original.

I'm not too familiar with how multiplayer works on the Switch though yet. If 3 or more people with an individual Switch and their own copy of the game get together locally to play together, they get to play at 60fps right, and can play without wi-fi?

Omnicent

I enjoyed playing the WII U version with Kart GAF.
I look forward to racing with everyone again and seeing
new faces.

Also hopefully GAF nights will be a thing again.

Top Bottom