• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe website updated with a bunch of screens, videos, and art

trixx

The game size is small right? This is one game that I might need to have it digital at all times.
I just don't see how anyone who's played more than five minutes of Mario kart can be deceived by a fake item box...
You place the fake item box on ramps or right on top of the real item box

Is there a mode where you can turn dual items off? 12 players + dual items will be hell

o8y7LBz.gif

Luschient

Hoping they make a way to transfer your WiiU MK8 progress over to the Switch version. I have one last cup in 200cc I'm trying to get 3 stars on...

harz-marz

Mario Kart 8 is phenomenal but the fact that this either isn't free or 50% off for Wii U owners is a crime and I won't be supporting this.

That's ridiculous. A crime?

No one is forced to sell their Wii U or MK8 to get this version.

And what other publisher would offer such a deal? This will still sell to over 50% of Switch owners.

Indelible

That's ridiculous. A crime?

No one is forced to sell their Wii U or MK8 to get this version.

And what other publisher would offer such a deal? This will still sell to over 50% of Switch owners.
Not to mention that the Deluxe edition includes all of the DLC and a battle mode, alot more value than the vanilla MK8.

The fact that Inkling got into Mario Kart before Kirby is still a crime, I tell ya.

The thing about all the guest racers in MK8 is that they're all major EAD developed characters (Link, Villager, Inkling, Isabelle). Naturally they're a lot more closer to the Mario Kart team than someone like Kirby, who comes from an outside studio.

Going by this, if ARMS takes off, I could see Spring Man being added as a racer at some point, especially since that game is being made by the same people who worked on MK8.

Raven77

Not sure what you're trying to say.

I mean, to each his or her own, but the game itself is so good that I'm honestly fine with it being full price. A discount or something would have been very nice, but MK8 is the best MK of all time for me, and the proper battle stages being added makes it pretty much perfect.

I don't do a whole lot of online gaming, but MK8 is easily my most played online MP game of all time. It's just so good. I do think they would be really reeeeally wise to add some more content to this game though, even if it's just two more cups and a handful of battle stages (plus characters and karts).

Oh don't get me wrong at all, I LOVE MK 8. But again, i've played this game a whole lot and without more new tracks, some more interesting new modes or something, I just don't see a lot of reason to get this from an actual game perspective.

That being said...I am loving the portability of the Switch much more than I thought so being able to play this anywhere in my house, etc. is pretty much reason enough to get it.

I was just hoping for more beyond the DLC and multiplayer.

PillarEN

The game size is small right? This is one game that I might need to have it digital at all times.

You place the fake item box on ramps or right on top of the real item box

Is there a mode where you can turn dual items off? 12 players + dual items will be hell
That's the main one. I may be wrong on the next point I'm about to make but it seems as though the hit box of it is bigger than say a banana. I can't confirm this though.
But even if I don't use it for hiding it on top of regular boxes I just use it like a banana. Take away good turning lanes for my opponents for example/ putting it on a booster pad.

dock

Apparently Deluxe will also have a optional "Noob Mode", which auto prevents the karts from falling off the course.

What's the official wording on this?

My GF tried MK8 as her first racing game and it was too difficult for her to control, and much too chaotic in terms of content.

Neoxon

My GF tried MK8 as her first racing game and it was too difficult for her to control, and much too chaotic in terms of content.
It keeps you from falling off of the track, which will be nice for my cousins.

Robin64

Yeah, this will be good for her then. You'll notice some screenshots show karts with a sort of radio-controlled aerial sticking out of them. That's the driver assist.

I'm more worried about the frame rate. Zelda runs pretty poorly in docked mode, I hope this doesn't have the same issue.

It's a constant 60fps at 1080p in docked mode, and doesn't even have the 59fps bug from the Wii U version.

Wonder if Gamestop will have trade in special for the Wii U version. No need to keep it since I'll get this one and can play on the go.

Pizza

Mk8 is my favorite mk game by a long shot, but deluxe doesn't seem worth the extra $60

I'll get some battle modes, 200cc time trials (making the golden glider even harder to unlock, which is sweet) and I'll get four characters *replaced* with newish ones that could've been there in the last game

Like I paid money for tanooki mario and cat peach, and even though it SHOULD have been cooler characters in the dlc, I still wound up liking them. So I feel like now those trash guys were there purely as placeholders so they could save the "real" characters for this release.

So, you know, two more turtles, a ghost, inklings, and no captain falcon or diddy kong 🤷*♂️ Would it have been so hard to just /add/ then new characters?

I'm more worried about the frame rate. Zelda runs pretty poorly in docked mode, I hope this doesn't have the same issue.

1080 60fps. I honestly think Zelda is an anomaly for this system in terms of framerate. They ported that game within a year to a brand new console. I think games built from the ground up for the Switch will run better--expecting 1080/60 for Odyssey and hopefully Splatoon 2. Not sure about the latter though.

Vidiot

You can get it 50% off as a amazon prime member if you own the Wii U version. It's $60, my prime membership makes it $50, and I traded in the Wii U version for $25. Boom 50% off!

mantidor

Calling it a crime is a bit hyperbolic, but it does suck inmensily to have to double dip, specially because most of us payed DLC that now feels like money down the drain.

I'll probably get it though D: can you play with WiiU players?

solomon

When are 3rd party Hori controllers coming out? Want to buy this to play with friends and family but the controller prices are a bit much just to play one game.

Crazyorloco

Can we play with the "D pad"? I actually don't mind the switch's D pad as much as I thought I would.

can't wait for this. I love battle mode.

boxter432

Top Bottom