• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Tremonti (Alter Bridge/Creed) gives my brother some major promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I've mentioned on here in the past that my brother is good friends with Mark Tremonti, the former guitar player/song writer for Creed and now of Alter Bridge. Bill, my brother, has taught him a bunch of shred techniques over the past few years and Mark uses them quite a bit on Alter Bridge's upcoming CD (out Tuesday).

I found out last week that in the liner notes he says thanks to my three favorite guitarists and lists my brother first and now in the new issue of GuitarOne magazine they have a cover story on Mark and a "Shred Secrets Revealed" section where he talks about how my brother has taught him a number of new techniques and goes over them in tab form. Hopefully it'll help my brother's career some which he's put off to finish off school and whatnot.

You can see the scans here.

Fucking awesome.

Edit: Too bad Creed is sitnky, and Alter Bridge most likely too.

I don't know anybody in Tallahassee who likes them, and they're from T-Town.

Scuker, now there is Creed/AB hate above you!

Meier

I dont get the Creed hate personally. I think they're a pretty good rock band myself.. and the Alter Bridge CD is pretty badass. You can listen to the whole thing on VH1.com right now in fact. They're playing Floyd's next month and I'll be there. :D

Either way though, it's definitely awesome to get some ink in major print mag like that.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Creed fucking sucks. I will check out Alter Bridge, though.

Diablos

I've mentioned on here in the past that my brother is good friends with Mark Tremonti, the former guitar player/song writer for Creed and now of Alter Bridge.

I'm very sorry to hear that.

Alpha: Think Creed with a better voice and not the Eddie Vedder wannabe that is Scott Strapp. In other words they still suck. I mean their latest single sounds JUST LIKE A FUCKING CREED SONG. The lyrics, the chords, the chorus, everything, it's all the same.

Alucard

Banned
Tremonti is highly overlooked as a guitarist because of his association with Creed. I think he's a really talented player myself. I'm curious to hear what Alter Bridge sounds like...

Meier

You're a fucking tool Diablos. I've met him before and he's a super nice guy. You only wish you had half the talent, let alone looks, in your pinky as Mark does. Anyway, they're not going to sound all that different since Mark did the songwriting for Creed and is doing the songwriting for Alter Bridge.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The thing I mainly despised about Creed was Stapp voice and lyrics. So, I may really like Alter.

Diablos

Alucard said:
Tremonti is highly overlooked as a guitarist because of his association with Creed. I think he's a really talented player myself. I'm curious to hear what Alter Bridge sounds like...
Just like Creed. Don't get too excited.

Meier - Geez man it's nothing personal. But uh, if you wanna go there, the only tool in this thread would be you, bragging about how godly Tremonti is.

Diablos bringing down the room again....

The thing is if you'd actually LISTEN to the damn CDs, you'd notice that the stuff that was played on the radio isn't the good stuff. They did the same thing with all 3 albums.

If some people would just get off their high horses and actually appreciate music, you'd see they had 3 REALLY well crafted CDs with great music top to bottom... except Lullabye... that was pointless.

And to really incite the haters, sorry, Stapp wasn't emulating Vedder or any other grunge (now washed up, YES Pearl Jam is washed up) guy. He was emulating JIM FREAKING MORRISON. Not a bad model to mold yourself after.... right down the the rampant alcoholism.

Kinda hard to justify that they suck when they've sold 24 million albums... with just 3 records in a period when rock doesn't sell really well.

To each their own... I've bought their records, went to 4 etremely intense concerts, and will do the same with Alter Bridge.

The eliteism around this board really puzzles and irks me. Different tastes in everyone Diablos, just because YOU don't like said bands, doesn't mean they "suck".

In the words of Dennis Miller.... of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong....

Meier

Diablos said:
Meier - Geez man it's nothing personal. But uh, if you wanna go there, the only tool in this thread would be you, bragging about how godly Tremonti is.

You're the one saying you're "sorry" that my brother is friends with him as if you have any idea what the guy is like. Sorry dude, that's being a major jackass, plain and simple. And no I never once bragged about how godly he is, although he's widely regarded as the best guitar player in mainstream rock today.

Meier since I didn;t get a chance to say so... good for him. For all accounts, Tremonti is a hell of a player and is a nice, level headed guy.

It turns out that Stapp got David Lee Roth syndrome and though he was bigger than the band. Nice to see Brian Marshall back with them along with Flip & Mark. I hope Alter debuts at #1 this week, as it should... great album. I'm really liking their new singers voice, lots of range.

That's great news for your bro! I don't consider myself a Creed fan but I liked a couple of their singles, and while I don't care for Stapp I always thought Tremonti was cool.

tt_deeb

LinesInTheSand said:
Creed's first CD was great. Fuck the haters.

This is true and on topic, thats really awesome. Whether or not you want to admit it, Mark Tremonti is a damn fine guitarist.

EDIT: I'm sort of liking the Alter Bridge CD. Tremonti is definately the only thing that is keeping me interested though. The drums are mediocre, and overall the songs come off Creed-ish and will probably get major play on VH1 since you know how average rock-ish they are. The vocals are nothing special as expected and at times I am easily reminded of Dream Theater (don't flame) because of the shredding guitar style and the lameness of the lyrics. (mostly in the song "One Day Remains" which is the only song I truly enjoy so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom