• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels spider-man 2 graphics disappointed

Msamy

I'll quote you directly. Your post history and goal shifting is always on display. I said what I said.

And this is why your retarded shit can't be taken seriously.

Please refer to this thread title, honk honk.
gamers-are-stupid-and-dont-know-sh-t-about-development.1657041/

I have a feeling we will all be revisiting this thread come launch.
I will be happy if I am wrong after this game launch

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Can't be too sure in these strange times

Does this little re re not realize that SSR can look almost as good as RT reflections depending on the application and resolution, but where the illusion breaks down is accuracy and movement (seeing it deconstruct and reconstruct like in RDR2)?

They look amazing in that game, and are a great rasterization trick when standing still, where it starts to lose it's magic is when you move the camera and the edges break down.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

But what do you guys expect? It looks better than Miles Morales. Current-gen exclusives aren't going to look much better than cross-gen games. This jump from Pro and One X wasn't that huge to begin with.

The game looks par for the course. Its an open world game and it tries to target 60fps.

Msamy

Can you specify what a PS5 game exactly is?

PS4 Pro can't even run the original and MM at 60fps at all. And Spiderman 2 does look better on top of this.
We are not talking about 4k at 60fps here which are not even the case that showcase was 4k 30fps which mean at 60 fps it will have dynamic resolution like most of ps5 games , and if you want what I mean by ps5 game go play hfw burning shores and you will know what imean

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

We are not 4k at 60fps which are not even the that showcase was 4k 30fps which mean at 60 fps it will have dynamic resolution like most of ps5 games here , and if you want what I mean by ps5 game go play hfw burning shores and you will know what imean

The retail game will be dynamic 4k 60, which is not possible on PS4 at all. And Spiderman 2 does look quite a lot better than its prequels.

I never expected Spiderman 2 to look as good as Horizon. Almost no game does. Spiderman is a different beast with much faster gameplay and traversal. Even on PS4 Horizon looked very good. You won't find many open world games looking that good.

Msamy

(Common people what wrong with some of you satisfied with that showcase which have ps4 visuals and gameplay because it run at 4k) , this showcase shouldn't have Been came from one of biggest sony first party studio

SkylineRKR

(Common people what wrong with some of you satisfied with that showcase which have ps4 visuals and gameplay because it run at 4k) , this showcase shouldn't have Been came from one of biggest sony first party studio

I am not really satisfied but its more because of the same old gameplay I see.

Msamy

The retail game will be dynamic 4k 60, which is not possible on PS4 at all. And Spiderman 2 does look quite a lot better than its prequels.

I never expected Spiderman 2 to look as good as Horizon. Almost no game does. Spiderman is a different beast with much faster gameplay and traversal. Even on PS4 Horizon looked very good. You won't find many open world games looking that good.
Next gen not mean we get more resolution and fps next generation is like the difference between horizon forbidden west and horizon zero dawn and insomniac must do better than what they shown , first marvel spider man was the best looking game in the year of its launch according to digital foundry and if marvel spider man 2 ends like that showcase it won't be even in the conversation of top 10.

DaGwaphics

Oh shit, I thought you weren't aloud to do stuff like this anymore?

It's clearly NOT running on a ps5.....What kinda bullshit is this?

I don't think it is beyond belief for the original trailer to have been rendered on the PS5 (obviously it might not have been, and probably wasn't, but still). The whole thing takes place on a very small but highly detailed stage, they use the time of day, lighting, and the mist to obscure details outside the immediate area. It was probably unrealistic visuals for the final game, but I don't think it is a really egregious fake. Look at the Project: MARA trailers or some of the individual rooms that people design in UE, when everything is scripted and the stage is small it seems reasonable to me.

geary

I don't see it looking better or worse than the top dogs from 2023 in terms of graphics....Calisto Protocol, Dead Space Remake, RE4 Remake, Hogwarts....Feel they are on the same level....

Falc67

Am I crazy does anyone else notice that official PS5 screenshots tend to look better than actual screens from the games proper?
They look sharper, and the shadows are softer and more varied across the image.
I suspect official screenshots released by PlayStation are touched up to some degree.

I’m starting to think this is releasing on both PS4/PS5. Has anyone seen confirmation of PS5 only launch since the showcase?

Stooky

We don't disappointed because we want matrix graphics, we disappointed from what they showing which not in par even with some other cross gen titles like horizon forbidden west also i just watched assian creed mirage gameplay trailer which is cross gen by third party studio and gonna released In the same time frame and here is some screens from it's trailer
Rep6yOg.jpg
DzYP1nV.jpg
dw1xOsL.jpg
With small amount of pedestrians , no cars , ,reflective surfaces glass etc. How fast are you traveling through this environment? The tallest build looks to 3 stories compared to mutilple 50 stories window reflecting sky scrapers in Spider-Man …..try again

Last edited:

Msamy

With small amount of pedestrians , no Cars Reflective surfaces…..try again
No I don't need that ,go see hfw or rift apart(insomniac title) or star wars jedi survivor or even cyperpunk 2077 ps5 version all of those destroyed that showcase in many aspects

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Go see burning shores.

I love Burning Shores. I championed the hell out of that game. I said at the time the draw distance is the most current gen feature in the DLC.

SM2 draw distance makes Burning Shores look basic. That's how great and next level it is. They are rendering structures and details on buildings at the very end of the damn horizon with the camera at a near surface level angle. That is insane! No fog, no lens flare obstructing to hide deficiencies. The only limitation to the detail you see will be the rendering resolution (or here, shitty youtube compression). The matrix awakens often struggles to render detail on relatively close objects. That doesn't take anything away from the technical feats of UE5.

Is SM2 polished to perfection yet? No. Am I annoyed that they didn't show off more of the visual splendor and less of the unpolished gameplay? Yes. But the next gen SSD tech is on display here. They are doing things that not even Matrix Awakens demo or any other real time rendering project has done.

oMfJrQN.jpg

X1GIEN3.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I love Burning Shores. I championed the hell out of that game. I said at the time the draw distance is the most current gen feature in the DLC.

SM2 draw distance makes Burning Shores look basic. That's how great and next level it is. They are rendering structures and details on buildings at the very end of the damn horizon with the camera at a near surface level angle. That is insane! No fog, no lens flare obstructing to hide deficiencies. The only limitation to the detail you see will be the rendering resolution (or here, shitty youtube compression). The matrix awakens often struggles to render detail on relatively close objects. That doesn't take anything away from the technical feats of UE5.

Is SM2 polished to perfection yet? No. Am I annoyed that they didn't show off more of the visual splendor and less of the unpolished gameplay? Yes. But the next gen SSD tech is on display here. They are doing things that not even Matrix Awakens demo or any other real time rendering project has done.

oMfJrQN.jpg

X1GIEN3.jpg
I can almost bet those texture maps will receive a higher res pass in final as well.

Msamy

oMfJrQN.jpg

X1GIEN3.jpg
I respect your opinion but they are missing in other many things in that showcase , and if they some way fix that I will be happy but currently i only feeling that what they shown have some minor improvements over their first game

I've watched the gameplay trailer several times since the show, and I feel like the graphics are pretty danged good. The game doesn't look like it will be setting any new graphical standards, but it definitely doesn't look like a PS4 or PS3 game (Can't believe some of the arguments in here). The only really glaring issue for me was how unbelievably bad the water looked towards the end. Hopefully they fix that, because that whole section where he is skiing on the water totally takes me out of the game.

oMfJrQN.jpg

X1GIEN3.jpg

Is it just me or does it look bigger than the first game?

Stooky

No I don't need that ,go see hfw or rift apart(insomniac title) or star wars jedi survivor or even cyperpunk 2077 ps5 version all of those destroyed that showcase in many aspects
Ummm no…..It’s New York……..a real place.

Why are people acting like we should expect there not to be a big graphics leap between gens. At some point. It’s 3 years in now

Edder1

The most surprising thing about all this was the fact that this is the first time that Insomniac did not push out a game on console that was a technical powerhouse. The thing is though, I think people didn't consider that this game was made in 3 years after MM. 3 years is just not enough time to develop a whole new AAA game while also overhauling the graphics engine.

The only thing that is baffling in all this is how impressive Rift Apart looked 2 years ago. It doesn't make too much sense to me how Rift Apart looked like a generational leap while Spiderman 2 doesn't. Probably different teams doing different things at different stages of development, but still somewhat baffling.

Last edited:
The only thing that is surprising in all this is how impressive Rift Apart looked 2 years ago. It doesn't make too much sense to me how Rift Apart looked like a generational leap while Spiderman 2 doesn't. Probably different teams doing different things at different stages of development.

Because SM1 and Miles already looked way better than ratchet ps4

nikolino840

Water is better than the Remaster, which in this regard looked infinitely worse than the original:

AYjrzzW.png

orAf8wC.png

ggu9rqF.png

oF2q9eq.png

Also not seeing those way better interiors at all when taking into account the OG game on PS4/Pro.
Is it possible compare the underwater scene between spiderman 2 trailer and the underwater trailer of horizon forbidden West?

CGNoire

Is the images from the post i replied to supposed to prove anything? I swear you guys are trolling.
Mirage definitly looks worse and is packed with low res assets and textures. Not sure why people are posting it at all?

Spiderman 2 looks extra bad at 4k as well.

CGNoire

Claiming Spider-Man looks like trash is just fanboyism. We did this in 2018. Forum guys and the usual influencers on socials doing their best to downplay it.

Until it released and became a gaming behemoth. I can't believe we're back to the same narrative, like we didn't keep the receipts from the last time.
Most here critquing it are sony fans...but nice try.

CGNoire

I told you the media spin has already begun, mental gymnastics to begin downplaying the flaws meanwhile praising the tiniest improvements as immense all the while claiming the people dissapointed are insane/unreasonable. Shit is like clockwork, all that remains is a buzzword calling it a "visual tour de force on the ps5". They just cannot criticize the big studios...always the safety bubble scenario.

If he said there were issues that he is sure will get improved it would be understandable but to feign ignorance is disappointing from digital foundry. These guys used to be so enthusiastic about tech advancements in past generations.
There complete shills now. As if there Youtube Derp Face Thumbnails arent a clear giveaway.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Yeah the you need to see it in uncompressed 18k to truly appreciate the details narrative is wierd..it made the jank look even worse.
Yep people should stick to there cellphones for there continued supply of copium.

Watching it in 4k equals a full on intervention.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Does this little re re not realize that SSR can look almost as good as RT reflections depending on the application and resolution, but where the illusion breaks down is accuracy and movement (seeing it deconstruct and reconstruct like in RDR2)?

They look amazing in that game, and are a great rasterization trick when standing still, where it starts to lose it's magic is when you move the camera and the edges break down.
Na SSR looks more than good enough on surfaces perpendicular to the camera. RTrefections in most cases is a waste.

Last edited:
We expect to see a difference because it's ps5 only title and at least should be on par with hfw which was cross gen title , and that showcase not show that at all , common people insomniac should do better than what we saw at the showcase
I agree. I think it’s ridiculous everyone’s acting like no one should’ve expected spider man 2 to set the visual bar. Most were anticipating it would especially when ratchet was their first game

Top Bottom