• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels spider-man 2 graphics disappointed

hyperbertha

• Higher draw distance
  • Better Lighting
  • Extra foliage
  • Improved water quality
  • Improved asset quality
  • Reflections in buildings
  • Higher poly and better geometry
In addition, (1) buildings now have better reflections, and (2) there are NPCs within the buildings that move, act, and look at Spider-Man like normal NPCs.

dBM4EWh.jpg

And if you can't see ANY of what I mentioned above, should you should even be "analyzing" or commenting on threads about games visuals and graphics?
I will say what I said to another troll. When the vast majority on here says it's underwhelming at best, and a PS4 game at worst, maybe you need to rethink your shilling.
I'll give you an A for effort. But... The texture and poly look the same from 2018. Buildings still look like soap boxes. Most objects have no ambient occlusion. Stop lying out your ass. This game looks NOWHERE NEAR horizon, demons souls and ratchet.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I think its on game by game basis, we do have access to first spiderman 2 trailer, lemme post it again:

Ofc it was very likely target render/ingame cinematic/running in engine, all those tech words, which mean not actual gameplay simply :p
Kinda like back then UC4 60fps teaser trailer
I fully understand game can look visibly worse vs trailer from 2-3years before launch.

Same thing here, last of us part 2 e3 gameplay reveal trailer, pay attention to enemy faces in supposed gameplay, those were touched up too vs actual game .

All those games look great to this very day, 0 complains from me but cant say lies about sony studios not doing bullshots, including parts of their trailers :)

The Division, Killzone, and Watch Dogs are good examples of visible downgrade/bullshot teasers that were presented intentionally in order to dupe people.

But these ones are not good examples because these trailers appeared 2 years ago when the full game wasn't even finalized. As more content is added and designs are tweaked, it sometimes becomes harder to hit the target frame rates for the entirety game if they stick with the vertical slice they showed. Sometimes, it is the opposite: devs find more room for improvement. For example, both God of War and Rift Apart were improved from their original trailers.

These are just part and parcel of the game development cycles and are not equivalent to misleading trailers like the ones I mentioned above. Just my opinion; it's fine if you disagree.

By the way, Insomniac is still saying that the final game looks similar to the teaser they showed.

Msamy

• Higher draw distance
  • Better Lighting
  • Extra foliage
  • Improved water quality
  • Improved asset quality
  • Reflections in buildings
  • Higher poly and better geometry
In addition, (1) buildings now have better reflections, and (2) there are NPCs within the buildings that move, act, and look at Spider-Man like normal NPCs.

dBM4EWh.jpg

And if you can't see ANY of what I mentioned above, should you should even be "analyzing" or commenting on threads about games visuals and graphics?
aside from most of what you said are only have minor upgrades and some not all, where does better lighting come from ?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I will say what I said to another troll. When the vast majority on here says it's underwhelming at best, and a PS4 game at worst, maybe you need to rethink your shilling.
I'll give you an A for effort. But... The texture and poly look the same from 2018. Buildings still look like soap boxes. Most objects have no ambient occlusion. Stop lying out your ass. This game looks NOWHERE NEAR horizon, demons souls and ratchet.
I still rate Horizon above Spider-Man 2 in terms of visuals and fidelity. But I'm also not an idiot to expect the same visual fidelity between the two when Horizon does not have the dense city, hundreds of NPCs, and faster traversal that Spider-Man 2 has to deal with.

Msamy

The Division, Killzone, and Watch Dogs are good examples of visible downgrade/bullshot teasers that were presented intentionally in order to dupe people.

But these ones are not good examples because these trailers appeared 2 years ago when the full game wasn't even finalized. As more content is added and designs are tweaked, it sometimes becomes harder to hit the target frame rates for the entirety game if they stick with the vertical slice they showed. Sometimes, it is the opposite: devs find more room for improvement. For example, both God of War and Rift Apart were improved from their original trailers.

These are just part and parcel of the game development cycles and are not equivalent to misleading trailers like the ones I mentioned above. Just my opinion; it's fine if you disagree.

By the way, Insomniac is still saying that the final game looks similar to the teaser they showed.
yes that same thing also done by insomniac games they misleading with that first teaser for spider man man ,also if you gonna say it was cutscenes the cutscenes that they showed in last showcase have far worse lighting , models and effects than that first trailer

Msamy

I still rate Horizon above Spider-Man 2 in terms of visuals and fidelity. But I'm also not an idiot to expect the same visual fidelity between the two when Horizon does not have the dense city, hundreds of NPCs, and faster traversal that Spider-Man 2 has to deal with.
yes , you think that we buy next gen for fast traversal , and that's enough also please check this thread title

Last edited:

PeteBull

Witcher3/ cdpr are faulty of bullshot trailers too, most famous one being this one- hell it still looks ambitious today and in some areas better from maxed current next gen witcher 3 on pc even ;D
I love the game(played 200h and finished every possible quest in there), love the studio too but gotta admit bullshot trailer is bullshot after all xD

Msamy

Witcher3/ cdpr are faulty of bullshot trailers too, most famous one being this one- hell it still looks ambitious today and in some areas better from maxed current next gen witcher 3 on pc even ;D
I love the game(played 200h and finished every possible quest in there), love the studio too but gotta admit bullshot trailer is bullshot after all xD

yes same goes for insomniac first spider man 2 trailer which turns to be bullshit trailer

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Yes that's just your facts only so please , check this theard title before make comment's about fast traversal
Nah, that's an opinion.

Facts are the 2 photos I posted.

So does Spider-Man. A proper next-gen experience graphically (as can be seen below) as well as gameplay mechanics (the faster traversal and flying).

qHvY8ed.jpg

b1QlK33.jpg

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
yes , facts big lol , go see the true comparison photos that some her posted in graphics fidelity thread to see the true facts
"true photo"? So the photos I shared are not "true photos" and are instead edited? 😄 These are not just shared by Insomniac. They are captured directly from the YouTube video.

Msamy

"true photo"? So the photos I shared are not "true photos" and are instead edited? 😄 These are not just shared by Insomniac. They are captured directly from the YouTube video.
No , I mean photos in same time of the day , and other photos that compare characters models , etc

ChiefDada

Gold Member
You can swing faster than that in Spiderman PC using a mod without SSD/IO.
It has nothing to do with "next gen".

Ok but what are the settings being used here because those building assets look blurry and RT reflections have definitely been turned off.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think its on game by game basis, we do have access to first spiderman 2 trailer, lemme post it again:

Ofc it was very likely target render/ingame cinematic/running in engine, all those tech words, which mean not actual gameplay simply :p
Kinda like back then UC4 60fps teaser trailer
I fully understand game can look visibly worse vs trailer from 2-3years before launch.

Same thing here, last of us part 2 e3 gameplay reveal trailer, pay attention to enemy faces in supposed gameplay, those were touched up too vs actual game .

All those games look great to this very day, 0 complains from me but cant say lies about sony studios not doing bullshots, including parts of their trailers :)

The thing is both TLOU2 and Uncharted 4 look like those trailers +/- 10% here or there.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Game was made specially better/polished for trailer, then downgraded in same spot for launch product, ofc overall qality was amazing still.

Yeah, so 95% as good as the trailer in most spots is a great thing. It's not false advertising. And there were some spots where the real game was better than that trailer.

hyperbertha

Unfinished game looks rough news at 10.
So what your saying is the gameplay demo that they showed using a work in progress game should look better than the finished game or post release patched game. Okay...........
Tlou2 - looks worse at release than demo
Watch dogs - looks much worse
Ratchet - looks worse at release
Ghost of tsushima - ditto
Spiderman 2018 - ditto
Witcher 3 - ditto

What in the actual fuck are you talking about?

John Wick

Spiderman 2018 - ditto
Witcher 3 - ditto

Are you right in the head? Before the showcase we hadn't ever seen any Spiderman 2 gameplay footage. The final game will look better than this gameplay showcase. Or do you expect the final game to look worse than the gameplay footage?
Lmfao most of those demos were vertical slices put together to show what to expect. They were probably just video and not a game.

Are you right in the head? Before the showcase we hadn't ever seen any Spiderman 2 gameplay footage. The final game will look better than this gameplay showcase. Or do you expect the final game to look worse than the gameplay footage?
Lmfao most of those demos were vertical slices put together to show what to expect. They were probably just video and not a game.

Some people are clueless

Real time cinematics have enhanced lighting

The SM2 teaser was in engine cinematics in real time with the hero lighting

That’s it. It’s not downgraded. We saw the same thing in the gameplay reveal cinematics

Last edited:

hyperbertha

I think you have significant comprehension and memory issues. Games don't look better at release genius, they look worse. I just gave you examples.

Msamy

Some people are clueless

Real time cinematics have enhanced lighting

The SM2 teaser was in engine cinematics in real time with the hero lighting

That’s it. It’s not downgraded. We saw the same thing in the gameplay reveal cinematics
First Teaser trailer are far better than those cinematic in the last showcase I don't know where the narrative the they have close visuals come from?

Last edited:

Msamy

Seriously, what did everyone expect?

It should be common knowledge by now 9th gen is 8th gen with 60fps.
No that's suitable only with those who wants 60 fps only I don't mind 30-40 fps and dynamic 4k with impressive graphics and gameplay which are very possible with ps5

No that's suitable only with those who wants 60 fps only I don't mind 30-40 fps and dynamic 4k with impressive graphics and gameplay which are very possible with ps5
You get 4K but the actual graphics of the games are more or less the same as 8th gen.

Not going to elaborate further with examples because i'll get another warning(possibly a ban) like the last time I did a graphics comparison...

Msamy

You get 4K but the actual graphics of the games are more or less the same as 8th gen.

Not going to elaborate further with examples because i'll get another warning(possibly a ban) like the last time I did a graphics comparison...
No games like hfw burning shores have clearly show that next gen graphics to me even if it's not 100% of what I want to see but it's close

JimRyanGOAT

I don't think the game looks bad

It just doesn't look like anything that couldn't have been done on a PS4 PRO tbh

Horizon runs on the base PS4

So these truew next gen games are still years away

Lokaum D+

PymOnrI.gif

Thread summary

Kid 1: its a ps4 game
Kid 2: ps3 did better
Kid 3: u ar blind its ps5
Kid 4: did u see TotK ?

Last edited:

DrFigs

Spiderman 2018 - ditto
Witcher 3 - ditto

I think you're just wrong on this. Especially wrt Tlou2 and Ratchet. But probably other games as well.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I f you can't see the difference In lighting , models , textures and some other effects between this

And this

Or cinematics in this

Then I have nothing to do with you other than respect you telling your opinion .

What similarities exists between the two trailers where you think we can conduct a meaningful comparison? Different time of day, different ray tracing surface reflections (puddles vs windows and large body of water; both look much better than MM). Different suit for Peter.

The only reasonable comparison I see is Miles' suit, which looks comparable in both trailers.

Neo_game

I think the more disappointing news was that the game was running dynamic 1200P to 1800P approx at 30fps. Sadly RT shadows is expensive. I think the interior and night settings will be more impressive. Every game looks great under certain condition and this game will be no different.

I think the more disappointing news was that the game was running dynamic 1200P to 1800P approx at 30fps. Sadly RT shadows is expensive. I think the interior and night settings will be more impressive. Every game looks great under certain condition and this game will be no different.

I think it's probably closer to the higher end number of 1800p just like SM1 remastered, which given their fantastic TAA set up, makes for a very sharp image

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Seriously, what did everyone expect?

It should be common knowledge by now 9th gen is 8th gen with 60fps.

I think some folks really overhyped themselves into thinking it will deliver truly next gen, never seen before shits.

Top Bottom