• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider Man Remastered is coming to PC on August 12, 2022 (also Miles Morales Fall 2022)

Swift_Star

Banned
I asked before and you didn't reply, but what for exactly? I used to read groklaw from time to time so am quite familiar with when big tech companies have sued and whether they were successful, even for the US legal system I'm failing to see an angle for them to litigate such a move. Here in the UK (or the EU) they would have even less chance of taking issue with a Personal Computer(PC) game published running on a PC operating system - irrespective of the hardware used.

Sony many years ago lost heavily when suing the VirtualPC company that made a PlayStation emulator for PC, and were only able to remove it from the market after the failed legal action through buying out the company. They then sold the company to Microsoft - after removing the emulator from the company's assets - who in turn phased out virtualPC on the mac IIRC.
Sure Jan GIF

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Really? The logo is the only difference between the two costumes? Like I said you need to get your eyes checked.

Also telling people to chill while calling others "ass" and "assholes". No wonder your posts get deleted.
I want to apologize for being unprofessional when assessing the quality of random video comparison.
I did noticed the difference in textures and costume but it was foolish of me not to explain it in great detail and only mentioning that the costumes are different.
This proves that I actually do not have eyes. So I posted a picture so others can see it for me.
Therefore, I have no right to defend any of my statements on this forum. Assholes can be assholes and they always win.
I should've noticed that this is a moment to defend my knowledge. Now, 30 years of gaming is all but lost because of that stupid mistake.

Again, please accept my apology and I agree - the pc version does indeed look next gen. The bad looking costume probably looks even worse on ps5. Probably last last gen.

Banned
Only way I see that being valuable would be in situation where Sony allowed cross buy, but that isn't happening either.

yes I would be all for a Sony launcher that basically works exactly like on a PlayStation, meaning I can set my PC to the "Home System" where other accounts can play my games too, and if Sony had full cross compatibility for all the games sold on it.

but even if they make a PC launcher I don't see that happening, as Sony has been really shit in that regard lately (I mean they basically scammed PS5 owners that bought Horizon 2 on PS5...)

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I don’t want a Sony launcher either but it only makes sense. They at least have the software to support and justify one. I don’t think they are dumb enough to try to make PC players pay for ps+.

PaintTinJr

Pretty much. PC gamers don't want/need another launcher.
And that will be fine, because they won't really be getting one as the PC launcher will be aimed at migrating console owners primarily, so that PlayStation is viable when making consoles doesn't have a selling point.

If existing PC gamers decide they want to access games exclusive to that launcher then they'll have to accept another launcher as part of the equation.

Showing my age a little - probably - but for the PC to still be the open platform so many people claim it to be, we really need another 10 launchers - even if using one launcher irritates me compared to putting a card/disc in an offline Nintendo or Sony console.

Before Valve made HL2's PC disc a online download code, games on PC used to be distributed on disc/diskette and if you owned the media you owned the game, so there was no launchers and developers only lost part of their revenue if they used a publisher - unlike now where they can lose to both a publisher and a launcher store percentage.

Despite launcher's being inconvenient to us gamers, they increase the amount of marketing opportunities for more games - as every launcher has a homepage promoting different games - and increase the share of the industry money that goes back to developers, as it gives them more people to do a deal with, and more people to play off against one another to negotiate better terms for selling their game.

Take your own franchise you earn from, if GT5 or 6 had been available on PC and Xbox back then, do you think it would have been as successful? And if not, do you think you could have piggybacked that game to carve out your own success had it not been Xbox's answer to GT?

I keep reading people want all games on PC on one launcher - and obviously consoles aren't going to last many more decades on the current tech convergence and difficulty of production to outshine old AAA games - but I don't see a scenario where that is ultimately good for the industry and market.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
BY the sounds of it PC gamers dont want a lot of launchers. Even companies with tons of games already like Bethesda and UBI arent welcomed. Bethesda even ditched their launcher.

I dont see how a small number of Sony PC ports is going to make a PC gamers buy ports to its maximum potential if it's buried in a PS PC launcher.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Then play some PC games and stop treating it as a super console. Great new games come out all the time.

See above.

Yes, we shy away from getting cucked out of our own internet connection.

Why does everyone think you need a 3080 to be a PC gamer?

No way that happens. Plus no one is going to use a Sony launcher anyway. If they made their games exclusive to a launcher everyone would just pirate it.
Sony launcher would only make sense if the catalog mirrored the size of what’s on psn. And provide option for ps+ unlocking the buffet.

Only way for Sony to open the door for pc gamers to subscribe to ps+ which is impossible in any other way. The value would need to be front and centre for it to be ever considered.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sony launcher would only make sense if the catalog mirrored the size of what’s on psn. And provide option for ps+ unlocking the buffet.

Only way for Sony to open the door for pc gamers to subscribe to ps+ which is impossible in any other way. The value would need to be front and centre for it to be ever considered.
PS Now at $60 had PC streaming of tons of games and it barely sold in 8 years. 4M people roughly. Who knows how many of those 4M gamers even used PC streaming. Or how many were strictly PC gamers. Can’t be that many.

That function is now in the top tier plan which is even more costly. They’ll do it even less.

As for PC gamers subbing to the low or medium tier (if that’s what you meant) I don’t see why they would. PC gamers aren’t going to pay an annual fee to play MP for PS launcher games.

Shmunter

PS Now at $60 had PC streaming of tons of games and it barely sold in 8 years. 4M people roughly. Who knows how many of those 4M gamers even used PC streaming. Or how many were strictly PC gamers. Can’t be that many.

That function is now in the top tier plan which is even more costly. They’ll do it even less.

As for PC gamers subbing to the low or medium tier (if that’s what you meant) I don’t see why they would. PC gamers aren’t going to pay an annual fee to play MP for PS launcher games.
Streaming? Please, let’s not insult the other members

Denton

Sony launcher (or PC version of play store)...I suspect Sony got a good deal from Valve, possibly (probably?) better than the standard 70:30 so I doubt they will invest in that when Steam already exists, Sony knows PC players prefer it, and they likely get good money from it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
tbh, that has to be the least interesting PC port. the game already runs really well and is best played on a controller, so a PC version isn't really a big upgrade. but it's of course nice for PC only users.

I wonder how they'll improve RT on PC, because they could make it look way better with better LODs, that's the biggest potential upgrade for a PC version. as the RT reflections are nice at a distance when you swing around the city, but at close inspection look pretty bad

You do know you can use a controller on a PC right?

You can even use a xbox or any other third party ontroller of your choice on pc.

Stop acting like the only input pc accepts is keyboard and mouse.

Some people really lives in Windows 3.1

PaintTinJr

Sony launcher (or PC version of play store)...I suspect Sony got a good deal from Valve, possibly (probably?) better than the standard 70:30 so I doubt they will invest in that when Steam already exists, Sony knows PC players prefer it, and they likely get good money from it.
There is no other way for them to keep access to the PlayStation gamer data - like they currently have - when they completely move to PC without doing a launcher of their own.

Unlike other companies trying to do a launcher, both PlayStation and Xbox have the tens (or a hundred) of millions of log-ins already, Migrating their existing userbase in the future will be their primary concern IMHO, not whether they can get Steam die-hards to use their ten year lapsed PSN login or sign up.

Banned
You do know you can use a controller on a PC right?

You can even use a xbox or any other third party ontroller of your choice on pc.

Stop acting like the only input pc accepts is keyboard and mouse.

Some people really lives in Windows 3.1

god damn, the reading comprehension on this forum is really bad it seems, the second person not understanding basic English and context across multiple sentences

Last edited:

Ywap

Yepp, another Sony purchase from me. I think i've bought them all infact..... Days Gone and God of War are among the best games i've ever played :goog_horns:

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Bruh, this is a cross-gen game that runs on the slowest of the slow last gen 5400rpm no cache having HDDs where they scaled their streaming engine down to something like 12-14mb/s because they could not be sure people wouldn't swap a slower HDD than what came from the factory.
You do realize, the remaster and especially Miles Morales have loading totally reworked?
There are no loading times even when swinging inside to outside the buildings anymore

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You do realize, the remaster and especially Miles Morales have loading totally reworked?
There are no loading times even when swinging inside to outside the buildings anymore
Yes, but it’s still based off a cross gen game. Not full fat ground up next-gen version. Of course it will load lighting fast when the MB/s we’re already stunted in the core engine for it.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The loading is reworked but you are not entirely correct about swinging from inside to outside the buildings. I think you are referring to that gif that was floating around before the game launched, but it turned out it was the same in both PS4 and PS5 versions.

k8m5xv.gif

VN1X

Banned
lol You wish.
I am still not wrong.
The remastered version is redone specially for ps5 and supposedly uses the ssd.
We are getting that version on PC
It was just a joke sir, I meant no ill will towards you or your family.

(but you are still misleading people so you should definitely face the consequences!)

Certinty

Are Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 5 any good? I just purchased a steering wheel and intend to use it on Forza Horizon 3 in the future.
Forza Horizon 3 is one of the best games ever made and by far the best of the franchise (1 comes close). Shame 4 and 5 went backwards but everyone should play 3.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Forza Horizon 3 is one of the best games ever made and by far the best of the franchise (1 comes close). Shame 4 and 5 went backwards but everyone should play 3.
I agree Forza Horizon 3 was amazing, I didn't like Forza Horizon 4 and I haven't played Forza Horizon 5 yet so idk about that one

THE DUCK

Banned
It’s extremely minor. If you get a game from both side by side, it is extremely difficult to recognise. It’s not like 360 days when suddenly textures don’t look like mud.

Tiny improvement to ray tracing is usually barely visible. Resolution and fps is easier to spot.
Even ps4 ports like days gone despite having bigger difference, still look the same without zooming.
Really, times of waiting for games because they will look like remaster on pc are finished.

Why would I be salty? I game on both. And making decisions on console is something I don’t like. I don’t like idea of graphical modes on console pushed too far. Sure, I can crank everything on a pc but I am not waiting a year or four for that. It’s not a difference worth waiting for or even buying a pc if all you do is play console ports.
The game looks 5% better for 400% more price :p

Your kind of missing something on.the cost side, what if you have a beefy pc already for pc games or Microsoft exclusives, or work? Isn't the cost the 0% vs your listed 400%? In fact wouldn't it be cheaper since the games are less on pc?

Last edited:
:messenger_grinning::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_beaming::messenger_tears_of_joy:
from the comments:
"That saw still made less noise than the PS4 Pro under load."
Thing is... you CAN "repair" that. My anecdotal experience is, that they use braindead monkeys for applying the thermal paste... with a little bit of dust- and a lot of thermal paste removal (plus reappliance) I transformed my living room helicopter (I had to play TLOU2 completely with noise cancelling headphones, because I would have had to turn up the volume on my soundbar so high at night, the neighbours would have called the police) to a videogame console... is it audible in workload scenarios? Yes! But will it rip out your eardrums and slap you in the genitals with it? Thankfully not anymore. (y)

Top Bottom