• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered - PC Features & Specs Revealed

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
52227741378_9957ac72a2_h.jpg

I hope you can play the DLC without completing the main game. I platinumed the main game on PS4 but never really got to finish the DLCs. It would be nice to finally "finish the fight".

Dream-Knife

Banned
Surprised no FSR 2.0. this is not an Nvidia marketed title. With that being said the community will add it in the place of dlss anyway but still...super strange
Market demand probably. Although it is odd because there's some non-RTX cards on the chart.
Amazing RT is basically PS5 RT Performance Mode, is it not? Why are the requirements so much higher than PS5, needing a 3070 for 1440p60 which is far stronger than PS5?

Then the Amazing RT preset must be either beyond PS5 settings or the game must be unoptimized. I just wish they would give us the exact PS5 settings...
No, its probably much higher settings.
To be honest, the scaling in the spec sheet could be much better. I would remove Amazing RT (since its clearly higher than the PS5 settings) and replace it with a setting that is identical to PS5 RT Performance mode. Then you'd have lower end RT GPUs like a 2060 as the baseline for 1440p60 with Raytracing and scale up to Ultimate RT with a 3080. You would cover a much wider range of cards with that methode.
Those are presets I'm guessing. You can still turn things down to console settings probably.

lmimmfn

Too expensive for me, maximum I can spend per game on Epic store is 50 euro, will wait for sale/epic coupons

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Lmao a PS4 game asking for a 3080, 32gb ram and a 12700k for 4k ray traced lmao. Not even metro Exodus or control asked for that. Smells like an unoptimized port. And don't come at me with that ray traced takes a lot of performance crap.

Well the RTX 3080 didnt exist when Control came out and Metro Enhanced asked for an RTX 3090

But lets see how RT games fare at 4K.
control-rt-3840-2160.png

watch-dogs-legion-rt-3840-2160.png

metro-exodus-rt-3840-2160.png

cyberpunk-2077-rt-3840-2160.png

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
why 32gb over 16gb for amazing ultra mega high preset? lol. That ain't helping 3080 and it's 10gb vram.
Anyway... jus tthis year I've bought MM for ps5 and got remastered for ps5 too... both in my backlog. Never played the original spider man too

//DEVIL//

why 32gb over 16gb for amazing ultra mega high preset? lol. That ain't helping 3080 and it's 10gb vram.
Anyway... jus tthis year I've bought MM for ps5 and got remastered for ps5 too... both in my backlog. Never played the original spider man too
I did the same when I had the PS5. It starts fun but 2 hours in I got bored really. Not sure why but the minute I started seeing lots of green/red lights / places to go is the second I lost interest in the game. I hate getting distracted.

Granted I am also a hardcore cod player or any fps in general so I focused on cod and lost track of what I should do in spider man and tadaa... Game collecting dust

Are some of you Assuming there will only be these few presets with no options? My guess is the high ones are ultra everything and turning a few settings down to high will be now visually noticeable but will greatly increase performance.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

yamaci17

Amazing RT is basically PS5 RT Performance Mode, is it not? Why are the requirements so much higher than PS5, needing a 3070 for 1440p60 which is far stronger than PS5?

Then the Amazing RT preset must be either beyond PS5 settings or the game must be unoptimized. I just wish they would give us the exact PS5 settings...
digital foundry will most likely give equivalent ps5 settings, with ray tracing. with that, a RTX 3060 should easily hit native 1440p/60 FPS with ray tracing

ps5 most likely runs a mix of high-medium settings alongside with an aggresive ray tracing resolution/sample count settings. i dont think "very high" preset or "very high+amazing rt" preset is being matched with ps5. those VH+amazing rt settings are filled with unoptimized settings, most likely

Last edited:

yamaci17

Well you can usually get away with lower hardware than these spec sheets suggest, but yeah a 950 needed for 720p/30 when a 950 is more powerful than PS4 which was 1080p/30. Maybe the optimization isnt the best.
Although this is the 'remastered' version which supposedly has better graphics than the standard PS4 version.

1) gtx 950 is not "more powerful" than ps4. even in terms of theoritical power, it barely matches ps4. this is a big misconception spread by DF, where they claim PS4 is equal to 750ti or something. It is a huge lie. PS4, even in terms of theoritcal performance, easily matches 950, 950ti and even 1050ti. even then, ps4 has 4-4.5 GB gpu memory potential, whereas cards like 750ti, 950 and r7 260x/r7 270x were limited to only 2 GB VRAM buffer. you simply can't match ps4 performance and graphics with mere 2 GB VRAM buffer. it is impossible. and it is also quite foolish to expected that. this is why gtx 960 2 GB also falters in many games, despite actually being a tad bit stronger than PS4, it can easily drop frames below 30 actually
2) gtx 950 or any other pascal/maxwell GPU does not properly support Async, high amounts of ACEs and DX12 to benefit from low-level API performance improvements a game may implement. this will easily put PS4 %20-30 above equivalent hardware. this is a big hindsight people like to not mention. mind you, im not talking about "console sauce magic". there is no such thing, the magical thing simply did not exist on PC hardware. now it does, with RTX 3000/RDNA2 cards having full async support, full low level API support and then some. naturally, RTX 2070super-rtx 2080 will match the PS5 until the end of the generation
3) gtx 950 having only 2 GB VRAM buffer, Spiderman and many other lastgen console games requires a minimum amount of 3.5 GB VRAM to properly operate. to fit within that 2 GB limited VRAM buffer, GTX 950 needs to render at 720p, regardless of it spower. it could've been a 2 GB GTX 770 for all it matters, it would still have to comply with 720p
4) 1080p/60/medium (practically ps4 preset) is practically what gtx 1060 targets, which is nearly 2 times faster than ps4 (again, pascal having bad async support (no performance gains), no proper low-level API support will reduce the gap between PS4 and those hardware in question). 1060 will get 1080p 45-65 FPS dynamically, just like all other console ports. if it properly supported Async, as i said, it would easily lock to a 60 and beyond. 1650super actually manages to do that, with DX12/Vulkan games of course (god of war being dx11 is not taking advantage of async on any hardware. which makes all comparisons moot)

Last edited:

MikeM

Sony is milking those PC only gamers by releasing old games with full price. The sales is already exhausted on Playstation. I Have Already played this Remastered on PS5, but I love Spider-Man, so i might wait for the sales for double dipping on my PC.
Company wants to make money. I mean, we could act surprised, or realize that it took resources and money to make this port happen and they want a ROI.
Lmao a PS4 game asking for a 3080, 32gb ram and a 12700k for 4k ray traced lmao. Not even metro Exodus or control asked for that. Smells like an unoptimized port. And don't come at me with that ray traced takes a lot of performance crap.
PS4 game with hardware ray tracing?

Decent enough game but I suspect anyone playing this for the first time will be somewhat underwhelmed given its rating, regarding the upgrades RTGI would have been incredible hopefully Spider-Man 2 has it.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Wait, I don't understand, why is very high a 3070 vs a 6800xt? The 6800xt is markedly faster than a 3070...do they assume the 3070 has DLSS enabled or something?

Jaybe

Sunset overdrive had a PC release so I assume Insomniac had some of the technical foundations in place to make this a good PC port and Nixxes probably cranked it up from there

Chronicle

If you have not been able to play this game because PC is your console of choice it's really fun. Traversal is just so great that you won't even want any cut scenes during the beginning of the game. You'll just want to zip around the city and look beautiful and graceful. Enjoy.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Probably very inflated recommended specs.

yamaci17

Well the RTX 3080 didnt exist when Control came out and Metro Enhanced asked for an RTX 3090

But lets see how RT games fare at 4K.
control-rt-3840-2160.png

watch-dogs-legion-rt-3840-2160.png

metro-exodus-rt-3840-2160.png

cyberpunk-2077-rt-3840-2160.png
these charts are pointless, maxed out settings + maxed out RT settings are meaningless for current gen GPUs, especially at 4k. consoles do not even come close to using med/high rt settings in most cases and with med/high rt settings even a rtx 3060 can easily handle RT in most cases

sendit

Bird. The PC port is the PS5 version, which received a native PS5 release.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
these charts are pointless, maxed out settings + maxed out RT settings are meaningless for current gen GPUs, especially at 4k. consoles do not even come close to using med/high rt settings in most cases and with med/high rt settings even a rtx 3060 can easily handle RT in most cases

Did you mean to quote me?

Top Bottom