• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Cat

What is death but transition? What is life but transition? All is change. To fear death is to fear life. They're the same thing.
source.gif

T8SC

Gold Member
There's an interesting divide occurring. Middle east & Asian countries mostly have infections, then there's a block of large eastern European countries (Poland, Ukraine, Czech, Turkey) without it and then you get to western Europe and most have a reported infection.

Looks odd on the map. Like a vertical line of uninfected countries separating the infected countries of Europe & Asia.

sinnergy

There's an interesting divide occurring. Middle east & Asian countries mostly have infections, then there's a block of large eastern European countries (Poland, Ukraine, Czech, Turkey) without it and then you get to western Europe and most have a reported infection.

Looks odd on the map. Like a vertical line of uninfected countries separating the infected countries of Europe & Asia.
Not reporting yet, almost impossible that it hasn’t spread.

Last edited:

T8SC

Gold Member
Not reporting yet, almost impossible that it hasn’t spread.

Yeah, I was thinking similar but should countries be reporting this now considering how widespread it is? So those dealing with it can get a better handle on its daily infections/deaths. Shady for those not reporting it.

Jtibh

Banned
The olympics have officialy begun with the newest of sports called catch a virus.
So far china os leading in first place but we see new contestants rising in numbers.
Our guy with the flame is also doing a incredible job buy dodging virus attack left and right in naruto style.
Run little flame run.

cryptoadam

Banned

For those that say we should take this more serious. I would like to point out China's method might still be the most serious you can take this. To lockdown dozens of cities was a massive ask that maybe only China was able to do and get away with without riots.

Still think it might be the best way to do it, with South Korea was cleaner version of that but they have flights out to any place that does not have a ban on them.

We do need to take it seriously. Would you be okay with China style lockdowns in your location?

I would. Could use a nice little vacation from work LOL.

30 suspected cases in Quebec, but no one has tested positive yet. Come on keep it out of Canada. We prefer Molson to Corona anyways.

cryptoadam

Banned
Plz don't botch.

It's good that countries are scurrying to get a vaccine, but last thing our conspiraacy-addled world needs is a botched vaccine that causes even more problems.

All though good news, if this is the same one I read about earlier its still 3 months away from testing in humans. So its not even known if it will work in humans at all.

Lets hope it does work but there is still time to go and with human clinical trials we could be talking a year or more.

But it would be sweet, and I could imagine all the BDSholes boycotting the Jewish cure to Corona LOL.

cryptoadam

Banned

Shimon Dahan returned from quarantine in Japan after having having been presumed to be "recovered", following his infection with the virus on the Princess Diamond cruise ship and subsequent quarantine in Tokyo.

The man flew home to Israel after he was released from quarantine in Japan and is the third to be diagnosed as having the virus of the passengers who were brought back to Israel from the Princess Diamond.

Another case of "recovering" and still being infected.

Good job engineering the virus CCP.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
All though good news, if this is the same one I read about earlier its still 3 months away from testing in humans. So its not even known if it will work in humans at all.

Lets hope it does work but there is still time to go and with human clinical trials we could be talking a year or more.

But it would be sweet, and I could imagine all the BDSholes boycotting the Jewish cure to Corona LOL.
i think it’s different .. ready for consumption in 3 months
take it with a grain a salt as i think this news would be more breaking

cryptoadam

Banned
i think it’s different .. ready for consumption in 3 months
take it with a grain a salt as i think this news would be more breaking

I think its the same one

The oral vaccine will have to go through a regulatory process, including clinical trials, he noted.
MIGAL CEO David Zigdon said the vaccine could “achieve safety approval in 90 days,” according to the Jerusalem Post.
“Given the urgent global need for a human coronavirus vaccine, we are doing everything we can to accelerate development,” he added.

Also interesting

Its vaccine for IBV, a bronchial illness that affects poultry, has already been proven in preclinical trials conducted at Israel’s Veterinary Institute, according to the news outlet.

“Our basic concept was to develop the technology and not specifically a vaccine for this kind or that kind of virus,” said Dr. Chen Katz, MIGAL’s biotech group chief.

“The scientific framework for the vaccine is based on a new protein expression vector, which forms and secretes a chimeric soluble protein that delivers the viral antigen into mucosal tissues by self-activated endocytosis, causing the body to form antibodies against the virus,” he added.

Thank you Chicken! Is there nothing you can't do.

All though now people will claim the cure is racist against blacks.

Jtibh

Banned
  • Italy reports 3 deaths in Lombardy; nat'l toll now 21; total cases 821
  • British man becomes 6th 'Diamond Princess' passenger to die
  • Two Japanese dogs tested positive for coronavirus
  • Mulvaney says school closures, transit disruptions may happen in US
  • Dr. Tedros said Friday that there's no evidence of 'community outbreak'
  • Mexico confirms 1st virus case
  • Fauci warns virus could take 'two years' to develop
  • Kudlow says "no higher priority" than the "health of the American people
  • Toronto confirms another case
  • WHO says 20 vaccines in development
  • St. Louis Fed's Bullard pours cold water on market hopes
  • Netherlands confirms 2 more
  • United cuts flights to Japan
  • Advisor to CDC says shortage of tests in US creating a "bottleneck"
  • Nigeria confirms first case in sub-saharan africa
  • SK reports more than 1,000 new cases in under 48 hours
  • Italy cases surpass 700
  • WHO says virus will 'soon be in all countries'

Numbers are going up but very slowly, much slower than I thought they would. I guess this will be under control very fast outside of China.

Last edited:
More Italy numbers... / confirmation

Numbers are going up but very slowly, much slower than I thought they would. I guess this will be under control very fast outside of China.

Yes and no.

This outbreak started on 2/21/2020, so a week ago, with 16 cases, and now we're over 800. We won't know the trajectory of this thing for another week really.

Last edited:

"Florida Department of Education told school superintendents and administrators today that there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus in Florida.

The department reassured administrators that the state is at “low risk," according to a letter obtained by CNN."

says FLORIDA MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom