• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stouffers

Banned
I was under the impression the fatality rate is so highly 2-3% because the older deaths (80+) heavily skew it. Isn’t the death rate comparable to flu with people 50 and under?

I was under the impression the fatality rate is so highly 2-3% because the older deaths (80+) heavily skew it. Isn’t the death rate comparable to flu with people 50 and under?

"We don't know" would probably be the best answer.

Wuhan City had elevated death rates, and we don't yet know the data from everywhere else.

It SEEMS like the other age groups are around 0.2% which would be double the normal flu I think, but not 100% sure yet.

Sigh. I'll be at LAX in a week.

OTHER PLACESCasesDeathsNotesLinks
Diamond Princess705634 serious, 10 recoveredSource
South Korea2,337167 critical, 24 recoveredSource
Italy8882164 serious, 46 recovered Source
Japan226*513 serious, 32 recoveredSource
Iran3883473 recoveredSource
Singapore9608 critical, 66 recoveredSource
Hong Kong9324 critical, 2 serious, 18 recoveredSource
United States6201 serious, 6 recoveredSource
Thailand4102 serious, 15 recoveredSource
Taiwan3415 recoveredSource
Malaysia25017 recoveredSource
Australia24015 recoveredSource
Germany4802 critical, 16 recoveredSource
Vietnam16016 recoveredSource
UAE1902 serious, 5 recoveredSource
United Kingdom2008 recoveredSource
France5721 serious, 11 recoveredSource
Canada1403 recoveredSource
Macau1006 recoveredSource
Bahrain380Source
Kuwait450Source
Iraq70Source
Philippines312 recoveredSource
India303 recoveredSource
Russia202 recoveredSource
Spain3201 serious, 2 recoveredSource
Oman60Source
Nepal101 recoveredSource
Cambodia101 recoveredSource
Sri Lanka101 recoveredSource
Finland201 recoveredSource
Sweden70Source
Belgium101 recoveredSource
Egypt101 recoveredSource
Israel40Source
Lebanon30Source
Afghanistan10Source
Austria30Source
Croatia50Source
Switzerland80Source
Algeria10Source
Brazil10Source
Greece40Source
Pakistan20Source
North Macedonia10Source
Georgia10Source
Norway40Source
Romania30Source
Denmark10Source
Estonia10Source
Netherlands20Source
San Marino10Source
Nigeria10Source
Lithuania10Source
New Zealand10Source
Belarus10Source
Mexico20Source
Azerbaijan10Source
Iceland10Source
TOTAL5,30788142 serious/critical

Wwg1wga

Tehran actually appears to be on the chilly side.

I think WARM summer will hopefully inhibit the virus, but we don't know for sure yet.
3bzy3b.gif

We do kinda know look at Singapore numbers those are high enough the past month was in the 80s and 90s F

I wonder if Florida is thinking low risk because folks still think warm mean virus kept at bay.

Singapore has also kept things under control better than a lot of other places. They have an A+ health care system though, so it's not a sure-fire bet it's just due to the temps.

Best guess right now is a "hope so" and it'll peter out in the northern hemisphere in a couple of months.

I hope this is true. The only thing favorable for people living in this shit hole of a country (Paraguay) will be if this turns out to be true.

Singapore
Weather averages

MonthHigh / Low(°F)Rain
February 88° / 76°6 days
March 90° / 77°9 days
April 90° / 78°11 days
May 90° / 79°11 days

Monthly Average Temperatures for Asunción, Paraguay
MonthsMonthly Average (Celcius)Monthly Average (Fahrenheit)
January27.5°C81.5°F
February26.9°C80.4°F
March25.9°C78.6°F
April22.8°C73.0°F

Singapore has also kept things under control better than a lot of other places. They have an A+ health care system though, so it's not a sure-fire bet it's just due to the temps.

Best guess right now is a "hope so" and it'll peter out in the northern hemisphere in a couple of months.

90+ cases with no deaths hell yeah they get an A+ that is the place I would want to be if I caught this virus

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned

Corona is really in a tough spot here.

I can think of ways for marketing to get out in front of this, but they'd all either strengthen the association between beer and disease or make light of something that's killing people.

The best thing I can come up with is, "Coronavirus doesn't have anything to do with Corona Beer, until now -- because for every Corona you buy, we'll donate $0.XX to organizations working to contain the virus."

Edit: I should point out HoegLaw HoegLaw thinks the report is a bit exaggerated. These might just be people who already hated Corona beer.

Last edited:

I can think of ways for marketing to get out in front of this, but they'd all either strengthen the association between beer and disease or make light of something that's killing people.

The best thing I can come up with is, "Coronavirus doesn't have anything to do with Corona Beer, until now -- because for every Corona you buy, we'll donate $0.XX to organizations working to contain the virus."

This just proves how weird humans are, I would not address it and hope to rebuild the brand later on. If you address something like this that makes no sensible sense you just make it more legitimate. They had nothing to do with this people are stupid to connect them to the virus.

Don't even try the donation thing it would ruin them, they are not Coca Cola big enough to pull mindfuck like that off anyway

Last edited:

T8SC

Gold Member
Iceland has a confirmed infection but large countries like Turkey & the Ukraine have reported none.

Interesting.

donfonzie

3 new cases in Pakistan... in my city. There's panic and a mask shortage, so after trying for the last two days, I have given up trying to acquire one.

Anyone know any tips on how to make one at home?

3 new cases in Pakistan... in my city. There's panic and a mask shortage, so after trying for the last two days, I have given up trying to acquire one.

Don't leave the house. I wouldn't think any homemade one will work better than just practicing good hygene. Don't touch your face. Wash your hands. Use hand sanitizer religiously.

betrayal

Banned

Just be a little more careful. There are very many cases in families where even close relatives with permanent contact with a sick person have not been infected.

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned

Edit: I should point out HoegLaw HoegLaw thinks the report is a bit exaggerated. These might just be people who already hated Corona beer.

icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif

Some people were blessed to be born in rich countries, man... they'd have a hard time around here, ffs

Breakage

It begins...
Britain's 20th coronavirus case is first to contract infection on UK soil: Man treated at clinic in Surrey closed for 'deep cleaning' is moved to London hospital as a Briton on quarantined cruise ship dies

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
My company just tightened travel restrictions. No trips to China or South Korea whatsoever, no travel unless approved by the President to any of the CDC level two countries, no visitors from level 2 countries unless they are quarantined for 14 days first. If you must visit a level 2 country, you must self quarantine and work from home upon return.

Info update on when to expect new info.

I liked China getting 2x per day, but I guess since its MAGICALLYCURED we don't get that anymore.

Also

Balls

Also

Shitballs

3rd case in NorCal?

No known links...

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif

Some people were blessed to be born in rich countries, man... they'd have a hard time around here, ffs
I saw a video of a Canadian man go to Venezuela. He bought all his friends beer and they were surprised, because a 12-pack would cost an entire month's salary. So they took advantage of this and asked the Canadian to keep buying them more beer. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom