• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
the re-infection thing needs more studies. Hope they are keeping an eye on that shit
You want to know what could be a great way to spread diseases?

Money.
SKYf9qk.jpg

Think about it. Unless you only have a debit/credit card, people exchange dollar bills every day. In which case, who knows where's it been? The guy who just handed you $5 bucks could have also wiped his ass with it.

We don't actually have a defense against disinfecting currency. A million germs or viruses could already be inside your wallet.

cryptoadam

Banned

Money.
SKYf9qk.jpg

Think about it. Unless you only have a debit/credit card, people exchange dollar bills every day. In which case, who knows where's it been? The guy who just handed you $5 bucks could have also wiped his ass with it.

We don't actually have a defense against disinfecting currency. A million germs or viruses could already be inside your wallet.

Well I have no problem taking everyone's money. Don't worry I will keep it safe, and if I get infected its worth it to me so everyone else won't be.

I can start with 50's and 100's as I heard that they are more likely to be infected than 20's, 10's and 5's.

:)

I heard another theory that people aren’t being reinfected, it is instead re-showing after the drugs are done masking it.

It seems possible that the drugs and treatment might just beat it down so you stop showing symptoms but then once you stop it allows it to slowly regrow and show itself again.

Wonder how they'll 100% fix people.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
It seems possible that the drugs and treatment might just beat it down so you stop showing symptoms but then once you stop it allows it to slowly regrow and show itself again.

Wonder how they'll 100% fix people.

That’s be better than multiple strains at least. We’d only need the one cure.

The P that shall not be named.

Could just be the flu, bro

If the WHO does not use the P word by tomorrow morning I'll bet you the person who got sick is just a poor slave girl living on one of the mega yachts that just docked in Monaco.

NYC already claimed they can't effectively test, you can't test it is just the flu bro

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
Positive tests of an infection after tests are negative have already been seen regularly for other viruses, such as the normal flu. Some people lose the antibodies produced by the body very quickly for unknown reasons. In such cases, this has nothing to do with mutations of the virus or a "supervirus".

Such has been the nature of past zoonotic coronaviruses, ones that hopped from animals to humans like SARS and MERS. Unlike their common-cold-causing cousins, these emergent coronaviruses can spark a viral-induced fire throughout many of a person’s organs, and the new disease—dubbed "COVID-19" by the World Health Organization—is no exception when it is severe.

Money.
SKYf9qk.jpg

I always wash my hands/sanitize after touching money. Shit is legit filthy. It's been in strippers sweaty ass cracks and up people's noses when they snort coke.

eot

Banned

Money.
SKYf9qk.jpg

I started paying with my debit card exclusively a while ago because of this.

ManaByte

Gold Member
If the WHO does not use the P word by tomorrow morning I'll bet you the person who got sick is just a poor slave girl living on one of the mega yachts that just docked in Monaco.

NYC already claimed they can't effectively test, you can't test it is just the flu bro

It's flu season. Everyone is getting the flu right now. I had it last week. If everyone who has the flu panics and runs to the emergency room then you have an overloaded medical system that can't treat those who are really infected.

Starfield

Guys, you know whats fucked up?

Netflix released a six part series cskked "pandemic" wbich is about how much our world is prepared for another virus outbreak.

The release date is 26th january. Wtf is that coincidence?

Go watch it, it's si eerie.

They even talk about bats being possible virus spreaders in the first minutes if the first episode.

WHAT THE FUCK

This was filmed before the wuhan outbreak

Last edited:

GamingKaiju

Damn! Covid 19 is fucking up people’s organs even if you recover from it, what long term damage it does is completely unknown. When doctors are saying that Covid suffers lungs look honeycombs that is loss of function and potential life long damage leading to respiratory illnesses.

Covid is getting closer to my hometown so I’ll be grabbing extra supply’s at the next shopping visit just to be on the safe side. Any cases in schools around here and I’ll be contemplating putting me and my family in self isolation.

It's flu season. Everyone is getting the flu right now. I had it last week. If everyone who has the flu panics and runs to the emergency room then you have an overloaded medical system that can't treat those who are really infected.

You, sure, you had the fluuuu last... week? =_=;;

only the flu?

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
REAL QUESTION:

What is the general consensus in America on stocking food beforehand not knowing if things will in fact go south?
Is it considered something people should do? Is it considered a normal cautious thing to do? Or is it met with mockery by the general population?

People in my country think it's a crazy thing to do, laughable and absurd even... I don't get it.

ManaByte

Gold Member
REAL QUESTION:

What is the general consensus in America on stocking food beforehand not knowing if things will in fact go south?
Is it considered something people should do? Is it considered a normal cautious thing to do? Or is it met with mockery by the general population?

People in my country think it's a crazy thing to do, laughable and absurd even... I don't get it.

Depends where you live. Some parts of the country it's a normal thing to do. In SoCal there is always the chance of an earthquake that will knock out power for weeks so we hav a generator, lots of bottled water, and canned food.

REAL QUESTION:

Well, there are the crazy preppers who stock stuff for no good reason.

I think it's rational to have 2 weeks to 1 month worth of stuff saved up.

REAL QUESTION:

You have to understand before and during the Cold War America had bomb shelters on the brain.
The fear of the end of the world was always front and center. I think America has eased up a bit but we still have Hurricane seasons, Blizzards, Tornado Alley, Earthquakes, Volcanoes and shit. Very big place lots of drama.

So people stocking up a bunker full of food might get a worried snicker but not that much of a laugh.

Breakage

I've been hearing a few people in real life say that they expect it to “blow over” in a few months – as if the virus is just gonna shutdown and disappear.

I've been hearing a few people in real life say that they expect it to “blow over” in a few months – as if the virus is just gonna shutdown and disappear.
lot's of people around my way are saying this too. People expect normal life to continue to be normal. this is a weird change

JordanN

Banned
Death toll is now on par with the same people lost in 9/11.

OX1SOa7.png

Of course, one of them happened in a day, the other over a period of months.

Last edited:
Death toll is now on par with the same people lost in 9/11.

OX1SOa7.png

Of course, one of them happened in a day, the other over a period of months.

If you want to take official numbers we are about 2,800+ so about 200 short
but if you could add the truth from Iran and North Korea we might be double that for all we know

edit: I forgot to add the deaths from outside of Wuhan but still in China damn it

not really worth them being compared though 9/11 we did that to ourselves

coronavirus just does not like Mexican Beer

Last edited:

Porcile

Toilet roll and paper became a hot commodity in Japan. Sold out everywhere after people spread bullshit information online. I saw what happened in Hong Kong so I bought some last week.

My lockdown supply is pretty good right now. Even if I don't use it for Coronavirus it will be useful in case of a big earthquake disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom