• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Some of the characters in the series look gorgeous. The texture and design work on Thane or the Turians looks awesome (though the Turians need higher rez textures). General "walking around" NPCs have always looked pretty bad, but I always chalk it up to them looking like real people: like in real life, for every beautiful person you see walk past you, there are going to be 10 average, bland or ugly people.

Some humans look awesome though. Traynor looks and sounds exactly like Parminder Nagra, so much so that I thought they did the same thing as with Miranda, Allers, and
EDI
and scanned her face and used her voice (color me surprised that she's not Parminder). Jack's face, as I've said before, is a beautiful blend of Angelina and Natalie.

I think what I don't like about the character designs is something that's been apparent in lots of games with heavy detail - seeing all the moles and blemishes and dimples on the characters, it's just a bit too much detail for me personally - I prefer stylized looking characters mainly - The Witcher games were like some of the only western RPGs which I felt had attractive characters for some reason (possibly due to general attractiveness of Polish women?). I also think that the skin looks very weird in certain lighting conditions in ME3.

Ikkarus

Is it just me or is anyone else having difficulty actually getting to play ME3? I'm stuck on trying to communicate to the EA servers! Not the best start to the game I have to admit. :(

On PS3 BTW.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was trying to hold out on ME3 for a while, but I saw some screens and I realised that I couldn't...

What's the best place to buy from at the moment / best priced place atm?

I'm not sure how this works out for Aussies with all the regional pricing differences, but GreenManGaming is offering a 20% discount until Sunday if you use this voucher: TAKEE-ARTHB-ACK20

Don't think it's discounted anywhere else.

I'm not sure how this works out for Aussies with all the regional pricing differences, but GreenManGaming is offering a 20% discount until Sunday if you use this voucher: TAKEE-ARTHB-ACK20

Don't think it's discounted anywhere else.

GUNN!

I should have checked there :/ derrr!

Might grab this and Syndicate :)

BUGGER... Not available in my region :( :(

Anyone feel like gifting? :)

Edit - I'm trying to change my location to USA, see if that works lol.

Edit - Nope :(

Dennis

Banned
Respawning enemies? I didn't notice that.

As for turrets you should have picked Infiltrator, or use someone who has the Sabotage ability :p

I am an Infiltrator.

The respawning enemies are in a place where I guess I was just supposed to make a run for it instead of TRYING TO KILL EVERY SINGLE ENEMY LIKE THE REAL MAN GAMER I AM.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Respawning enemies? I didn't notice that.

As for turrets you should have picked Infiltrator, or use someone who has the Sabotage ability :p

Or just get Garrus to overload turrets.

ironcreed

Banned
Anyone else like the planet scanning in ME2 better than this being chased around by little reapers bullshit? Sorry, not a fan of this at all.

- J - D -

Anyone else like the planet scanning in ME2 better than this being chased around by little reapers bullshit? Sorry, not a fan of this at all.

Adds tension. ME2 planet scanning was boring as hell.

I did like being able to land on some planets with detected anomalies though. That's a bit lacking in ME3.

Be warned, Syndicate multiplayer is fucking empty. No one is playing on PC anymore.

Ah thanks. That's unfortunate to hear. Does the game support multi-player bots? I was really only going to get it for the single player mostly anyway... I might wait for that one though.

Best price I've found that is available to me is $50, however I can't seem to find better. I think that's pretty good but not perfect.

Dennis

Banned

Yes. I hate the new system.

Does it make a difference where I scan in a system? Should I be close to planets?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I'm more annoyed that the planet scanner is MUCH slower to move than in ME2. Even without Miranda's bonus for faster scanner, the default one was still faster than in ME3.

At least scanning rarely needs to be done.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ah thanks. That's unfortunate to hear. Does the game support multi-player bots? I was really only going to get it for the single player mostly anyway... I might wait for that one though.

Best price I've found that is available to me is $50, however I can't seem to find better. I think that's pretty good but not perfect.

No it doesn't, nor does it scale to 1 player. It's unfortunate. The multi is really fun, but ME3 really overshadowed it.

ironcreed

Banned
Adds tension. ME2 planet scanning was boring as hell.

I did like being able to land on some planets with detected anomalies though. That's a bit lacking in ME3.

To each their own, I guess. While far from exciting, I just enjoyed the downtime planet scanning provided. This is just annoying, lol.

Pollux

So the game glitched on me.
Still no Jack...even got the email and everything. But she doesn't show up on my map when I'm at the Citadel.

ironcreed

Banned
Yes. I hate the new system.

Does it make a difference where I scan in a system? Should I be close to planets?

I have only done it a few times so far, but that is what I have been doing. I am going to avoid this as much as I can, though. Fucking awful addition.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I like the concept behind planet scanning. The addition of Reaper chases was nice. But like most things BioWare the whole thing is undercooked. Even though I love ME3's side quests, I miss discovering them on my own by exploring the galaxy. ME3 has literally none of that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finish the game EatChildern... we want to feed on your reactions.
I don't think I'll have time to play until Monday. ME3's awful ending will have to wait.

kaioshade

I have a question about the art book that comes with the CE if anyone knows.

Is that book the same as the ME3 section in the "Art of Mass Effect 3 universe"?
I actually bought the CE so my gf can have the art book, but she already bought the bigger book. If the me3 sections would be redundant, i might just sell the ce and get the regular edition.

Tadale

ME2 character spoiler:

So where the hell is Miranda? She sent a message telling me to meet her at the citadel, but I can't find her.

ironcreed

Banned
ME2 scanning was just work. It was boring and repetitive.

At least this new scanning is quick.

Yes, it is quick, but I just hate being rushed by this reaper pac-man mechanic. I would rather have the downtime of just being able to take my time, scan, read about the planets and move on. But that is just me.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
I am an Infiltrator.

The respawning enemies are in a place where I guess I was just supposed to make a run for it instead of TRYING TO KILL EVERY SINGLE ENEMY LIKE THE REAL MAN GAMER I AM.
Yeah I was doing that on some of the N7 missions until I realized they wouldn't stop spawning. :(

ME2 character spoiler:

So where the hell is Miranda? She sent a message telling me to meet her at the citadel, but I can't find her.
Near your ship

ameratsu

I'm about 5 hours in and really enjoying the combat. Headshotting engineers before they can set up turrets is so satisfying. So far I am pleased with the amount of stuff that you find during missions, with the weapons loadout setup, and being able to upgrade individual weapons. So far, gameplay wise, it's a lot of fun.

Not much to say about the story, though admittedly I've set the bar pretty low following the info of the last 6 months.

watership

ME2 character spoiler:

Hint: When you're at a location, click your left or right stick, bring up your map, and then use the bumpers to move through the maps, you can see people's locations listed in each district. This works best on the Citadel.

Of course. That jacket is crucial. The hoodie looks decent too. Most of what Shepard can wear looks decent, aside from that god awful dress and commoner garb. The civilian-wear is disgusting though.

Where can you get the jacket and the hoodie?!?!?!

I WANT IT ZOMG

thetrin

It's weird that as ME has gone on as a series, there's been less and less exploration. There aren't even hubs on the individual planets to talk to people. It's just the Citadel, the Normandy, and then SHOOT FUN MISSION TIME on planets.

Which I guess makes sense for the tone of the game but...I like talking to peeps :(

suzu

Seems that my Citadel: Hanar Diplomats sidequest is glitched. Good times.

Audio files not playing is scary.

anyone else having problems with the music and sentences ending abruptly?

The game has so many bugs/glitches. I've gotten that audio problem too.

The Sirta store (hospital gift shop) is always out of stock, even though I've never bought anything, other than viewing it that very first time.

Top Bottom