• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
not sure but i heard.
The reapers just cloon one or still had one from the previous cycle because protheans use them as bioweapons aka aliens stuff

Yep, that's exactly what happens. It's dumb.

rozay

Banned
That's pretty lame.
related to the answer you got:
it would've been nice if they had just kept them removed from the universe if you killed the queen and came up with a variant (like a reaper klixen or something) that functioned similarly so players who killed the queen wouldn't lose out on an enemy type. Pretty disappointing IMO but nothing on the scale of bringing people back from the dead in DA2.

- J - D -

Took this screen cap. Now my wallpaper. Liara <3. It took a bit for me to get used to her new look in ME3, but now I dig it.

iGTlJkZxRXrfL.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't find my original post, but I managed to get Stasis by visiting Liara right after
Thessia
. If you have the DLC, you need to visit her
where Javik lives first

I can't believe I missed this the first time around and it just goes to show that somehow, they broke the Kelly system from ME2. Traynor SHOULD tell you when people want to talk to you, but she doesn't do it all the time. I just wonder how many conversations I missed because of it. :/
(If only the loading times weren't so bad. I wish they just made the Normady one single map.)

Thanks to whoever it was who put me on track though!

ironcreed

Banned
Took this screen cap. Now my wallpaper. Liara <3. It took a bit for me to get used to her new look in ME3, but now I dig it.

Yeah, I think she looks better than ever as well. All the character models do, actually. Especially the teeth. They no longer have those unsightly gaps between each tooth, lol.

rozay

Banned
Question for CE owners, are the alternate appearances only for vega, liara, kaidan and ashley or did they include a color swap for everyone on your squad?

Dresden

Man, wtf. Somehow the game autosaves and my Carnifex is gone, replaced by the shitty basic pistol. And now I'm getting assraped by three Primes at once.

Arjen

related to the answer you got:
it would've been nice if they had just kept them removed from the universe if you killed the queen and came up with a variant (like a reaper klixen or something) that functioned similarly so players who killed the queen wouldn't lose out on an enemy type. Pretty disappointing IMO but nothing on the scale of bringing people back from the dead in DA2.

yeah, they should've had the balls to do that.
Can uou use the Clone as War asset to? Because that would be super lame.

Big Chungus

I transferred my ME2 save from my 360 to my PC, when I started a new game and reached Mars it said my character was auto leveled to level 30...

Is this normal or did I break my save somehow?

rozay

Banned
Also from what I can tell, are the wraith and paladin simply more powerful versions of the eviscerator and carnifex with smaller clip sizes? Identical in every other stat?

Question for CE owners, are the alternate appearances only for vega, liara, kaidan and ashley or did they include a color swap for everyone on your squad?

It seems to be only vega, kaidan, ashley and liara, but from ashes includes another for everyone.

JerkShep

It seems the
Grissom Academy
quest is bugged in some versions of the game, my 360 freezes every time in the first loading screen of that mission :\
It's not a console problem or a dvd problem, basically everyone playing the italian 360 game can't do that quest...this is a pretty big bug..Bethesda big. Hope they fix it but I wouldn't hold my breath

Ronabo

I really wish I knew that missions would "fall off" once a certain Citadel mission was done.

Really pissed about that.

Also really mad about
Kelly Chambers dying

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I really wish I knew that missions would "fall off" once a certain Citadel mission was done.

Really pissed about that.

Also really mad about
Kelly Chambers dying

I hardly ever talked to her in ME2. She was my mail secretary for all I knew.

Honestly, I didn't even know who she was when people mentioned her name until I looked it up on google. Did people really like her that much?

Shepard

Insanity has some difficulty spikes that are making me pull my hair off. I've already died ~15 times in the [relatively early side mission spoiler]
save the students from the academy mission, that one big hall after the room where you meet Jack
; I'm really considering lowering the difficulty.

Dresden

Insanity has some difficulty spikes that are making me pull my hair off. I've already died ~15 times in the [relatively early side mission spoiler]
save the students from the academy mission, that one big hall after the room where you meet Jack
; I'm really considering lowering the difficulty.

That part was pretty brutal.

Didn't come across another section as difficult until I hit this one spot in
Rannoch
that has three Geth primes at once. My engineer is getting ragdolled. Doesn't help that my weapons are gone for some reason except for the shit Predator pistol.

Downloading from Origin now... I hate how they tie games into Origin only... EA sucks for doing that, it's mega horrible, but I can handle it.

I also purchased Dragon Age 2 but that's for a later date, just because I could get it for $10.

Replicant

Ugh, some of the sound files are definetely fucked. Doors now open silently in Normandy, sometimes I will melee some loser and the sound is 1-2 sec late.

derFeef

I am Commander Shepard and ... this game rocks.

856d81d2.jpg

6 hrs in - I love it. 1am and tired ... off to bed and into a glorious ME3 weekend.

Zeliard

Heh, Charge is filthy at level 6 when you get the full shield upgrade for it (which seems like 50x better than the "25% chance of no cooldown" upgrade unless your recharge just sucks). I have Charge recharging every 3.2 seconds now (got a meaty +176% bonus recharge w/ shotgun & SMG) and it gives me a free full shield every time I use it. I can basically go berserk on fools and when they knock my shield off, I charge into some other asshole and just get it back.

You can ideally do unlimited Charge --> Nova --> Charge ---> Nova since Nova feeds off your shield strength and level 6 Charge gives you a full shield. They're like the Garrus & Wrex of biotic powers. Hell of a tandem.

The best defense is a good offense indeed. Against certain enemies, like ones with defenses or heavier ones that are harder to knock down, it's also super-effective to just use level 6 Charge continuously if you have it recharging really quickly, and basically keep that shield up indefinitely while dishing out damage. It's been a life-saver at several points.

Pretty neat that you can also resurrect fallen teammates even in single-player by 'activating' them when you're close by. On Insanity it's usually far more effective to just use a medi-gel since enemy bullets cut through you like a knife through butter, but it can be handy to save a medi-gel on occasion if you have some room to breathe.

Lakitu

st5fu
SPACE HAMSTER.

GOTTA CATCH IT.

Where is it? I've found all my old models but can't find the Space Hamster.

Also, I thought equipment was also supposed to import through? Such as the various visors, the only one that I have from previous games is Sentry Interface and I had to buy it ffs. Bioware wants my in-game credits aswell.

Everdred

Loved 1 and 2 but wasn't feeling this one... So I turned my playthrough into a speedrun. Beat it in 5 hours and 16 minutes.

Top Bottom