• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
It's been a while since I played the other two ME games. But I've heard quite a few comments on here and elsewhere that the Citadel is "big again." I had my first series of quests on the Citadel about six hours in, and it doesn't seem that big. ~Five levels each only have a couple rooms and a store or two on them. I remember the Citadel being much bigger.

Does it open up quite a bit later, or something? Sorry for my hazy memory.

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope Ashley has some character specific dialogue at Eden Prime, that's where we met and fell in love. Over Jenkins' dead body. Poor Jenkins :(

It's been a while since I played the other two ME games. But I've heard quite a few comments on here and elsewhere that the Citadel is "big again." I had my first series of quests on the Citadel about six hours in, and it doesn't seem that big. ~Five levels each only have a couple rooms and a store or two on them. I remember the Citadel being much bigger.

That's as big as it gets, I think.

It's definitely not as big as ME 1, but it's a lot more interesting.

jediyoshi

Kelly Chambers Spoiler.

you can save Kelly if you tell here to change her identity.
Wow, I naturally chose that when I came across it and assumed that after the attack, they would have written her around surviving if you'd have chosen either choice. Good on them.

suzu

Where is it? I've found all my old models but can't find the Space Hamster.

Also, I thought equipment was also supposed to import through? Such as the various visors, the only one that I have from previous games is Sentry Interface and I had to buy it ffs. Bioware wants my in-game credits aswell.

The Space Hamster is squeaking around where Jack used to hang out.

GSR

Well, it's bigger than ME2, but I think that's as big as it gets. Bioware opted for this instead of a contiguous environment like ME1.

Nearing the end, although it doesnt spoil anything
fuck you Bioware and your guddamn slow-motion scenes. What is this shit? Why did you think this was fun?

McNum

Okay, spoiler questions about the Quarians:

So, I want to go for a diplomatic solution, but I'm not sure if I got everything I need. Took a look at the flowchart linked earlier and I have: Tali cleared of treason (+2), heretics rewritten (+0), and Tali and Legion on speaking terms (+1). I know I need 5 total but what is the mission exactly that's worth the last two points? I went to Rannoch and saved an admiral that I had to Paragon to get to come along. Is that the mission mentioned in the flowchart? As in (+1) to take it and (+1) to get the admiral out alive?

Amusingly, my Paragade who has a thing about blowing up her foes pretty much has this one in the bag, if "picking up the spare" with an Intimidate check on an unhappy Legion afterwards counts for keeping Tali and Legion on speaking terms.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Squad interaction in here is SO GOOD. Even after every side mission, everyone on the ship has new stuff to say. People move around a lot and talk to eachother, it's going to make the other 2 seem so archaic. Even on missions they talk a lot more, I'm really surprised how much Javik says especially.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Hmm, kind of disappointing, then.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game - can't wait to play it. I'm just a fan of large "home hubs", if you know what I mean. Eh, small complaint that I can look over if the game continues firing on all cylinders like it has for the first seven hours or so.

Zeliard

Squad interaction in here is SO GOOD. Even after every side mission, everyone on the ship has new stuff to say. People move around a lot and talk to eachother, it's going to make the other 2 seem so archaic. Even on missions they talk a lot more, I'm really surprised how much Javik says especially.

Yeah he's much more fleshed-out than Zaeed and Kasumi.

I love his amusing back-and-forths with Liara. Poor gal.

iavi

Liara is clearly the focus. Plot wise and romance wise.

Yeah, I feel like I'm missing out significant stuff by having chosen ash to be my waifu. Like BW certainly didn't intend for that to be the case.

----

The Vanguard beasts in this game too. They nerfed the charge, but the combo of Liara's singularity+charge(one explosion)+nova(second explosion)+shotty is quite literally the instawin formula. Every enemy in one go. Every scenario. I feel like I've broken the game, or I need to step the difficulty up from normal. I do have to admit that I'm enjoying this atm though.

Trey

I'm loving the ongoing strings of reports Liara is typing about it. She's becoming so bitter, haha.

It's really bad how much Liara outstrips the rest of the cast in characterization, interaction with Shepard, and contributions to the storyline. The reason they kept the ME LIs out of ME2 was so that they could survive through 3. But Kaiden and Ashley don't even approach Liara in any facet. And the ME2 LIs can be killed off, so their potential impact is lessened because they conceivably could be replaced.

So it's as though Bioware went, "eh, I guess you could romance these other people, but look, blue alien chick!"

Dresden

It's really bad how much Liara outstrips the rest of the cast in characterization, interaction with Shepard, and contributions to the storyline. The reason they kept the ME LIs out of ME2 was so that they could survive through 3. But Kaiden and Ashley don't even approach Liara in any facet. And the ME2 LIs can be killed off, so their potential impact is lessened because they conceivably could be replaced.

So it's as though Bioware went, "eh, I guess you could romance these other people, but look, blue alien chick!"

Garrus and Liara are the only squadmates that truly matter, anyways.

GSR

Yeah, it's sort of frustrating, since I honestly don't like her that much as a character. Half the reason I love Javik so much is that he just doesn't buy Liara's schtick, whereas most everyone else on your team thinks she's the bee's knees.

Zeliard

I think Tali is also interesting, but she seems to basically be the Legion of this game in that she doesn't even show up until relatively late, which is somewhat unfortunate.

Yeah, I feel like I'm missing out significant stuff by having chosen ash to be my waifu. Like BW certainly didn't intend for that to be the case.

----

The Vanguard beasts in this game too. They nerfed the charge, but the combo of Liara's singularity+charge(one explosion)+nova(second explosion)+shotty is quite literally the instawin formula. Every enemy in one go. Every scenario. I feel like I've broken the game, or I need to step the difficulty up from normal. I do have to admit that I'm enjoying this atm though.
A real man plays a Vanguard on Insanity. Its the only way.

but even then its still almost broken.

Trey

They nerfed the charge.

Eh? Perhaps they removed its group stagger effect, but the fact that it can recharge in three or so seconds makes it even more broken than it was in ME2. Unless you're sitting right next to a turret, or get hit by one of the few one hit kills in the game, you cannot be killed if there's a body around (and there must be if you're getting shot at).

Derrick01

Banned
Well, she is the best choice. Her or Jack. Your other options are two space racists, a genetic freak and some i cant even remember right now.

I enjoyed my Ashley romance in this game. I wish Bioware gave her more time in this game but what was there especially in the last few hours was better executed than ME1.

It helps she looked pretty damn good
almost nude

I think Tali is also interesting, but she seems to basically be the Legion of this game in that she doesn't even show up until relatively late, which is somewhat unfortunate.
I was disappointed that Jack wasnt returning as a squad mate. Having her and Liara would have owned so much together with my Vanguard.

The small ass Citadel is also the only town in the game. No other explorable NPC filled areas in this game :(

Zeliard

I was disappointed that Jack wasnt returning as a squad mate. Having her and Liara would have owned so much together with my Vanguard.

Yeah I was intending on using Tali as a squadmate for much of the game :p

I think it would be possible to simply do Priority missions and ignore everything else till you get to the Tali mission, but then you risk side quests disappearing and such, and probably some lost dialogue.

The small ass Citadel is also the only town in the game. No other explorable NPC filled areas in this game :(

Yeah that's too bad, but at the same time, I love how your squad actually wanders around both on the ship and in the Citadel. There's still a structure to it but it's less obvious and it makes it feel more organic.

In ME2 you'd do a mission then go talk to your squad mates onboard at their pre-determined location to see if they have anything new to say ("I'm in the middle of some calibrations"), and it became a very structured and tedious thing.

Now they not only move around the ship, but they'll get together with other people onboard for a chat in various locations (like Garrus and Liara shooting the shit in Kasumi's old spot).

I normally don't do Renegade, but rarely has any moment in a video game felt better than punching
Han Gerrel
in the stomach. Not sure if it'll have implications, but it was so worth it. That son of a bitch should've listened to Space Jesus.

And I'm happy I stuck with Miranda. The romance scenes affirmed who she really was and how she changed, I hope I run into her again before the end.

The one thing I don't like is how so many sidequests are activated when the systems where you've got to complete them aren't accessible yet.

Dany

Banned
Conrad Verner!!!
I love love love the fact that they explain away the mistake in ME2 where verner accused you of pointing a gun at him, even as my paragon never did that

Conrad Verner!!!
I love love love the fact that they explain away the mistake in ME2 where verner accused you of pointing a gun at him, even as my paragon never did that
They did? I must've missed that explanation then.

Seeing him again was great, though.

I'm scared of looking through this thread incase of spoilers but how the heck do I change my equipment in single player? I've purchased a bunch of items but don't know how to put them on

mxgt

Banned
Hitting space and rolling when I want to pick up an item or go into cover is getting really fucking annoying

absolutely no need to have 4 different functions on one key

smr00

Banned
I chose to go with the sabotage because i felt it was humanities best option, not only because the krogans will always be violent, but because i need the other support and goddamn mordin.. that son of a bitch made me shoot him and i literally teared up, i felt i had no option :( THIS GAME IS MAKING ME HAVE SO MANY EMOTIONS

Such an epic fucking game so far.

Dennis

Banned
Mass Effect 4 for next-gen consoles and PC.

Imagine the graphics - imagine the big open levels and the humongous Citadel that 4GB of RAM allows......

O M G

Top Bottom