• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Replicant

It's been a while since I played the other two ME games. But I've heard quite a few comments on here and elsewhere that the Citadel is "big again." I had my first series of quests on the Citadel about six hours in, and it doesn't seem that big. ~Five levels each only have a couple rooms and a store or two on them. I remember the Citadel being much bigger.

Does it open up quite a bit later, or something? Sorry for my hazy memory.
5 levels Citadel? How do I get there? The only areas on Citadel I can access atm are Hospital, Council area, and ship dock. Am I missing some hidden floors? Where do I access it? I just finished
Mars btw and about to do Primarch rescue
. Will those areas available later on?

Achtius

5 levels Citadel? How do I get there? The only areas on Citadel I can access atm are Hospital, Council area, and ship dock. Am I missing some hidden floors? Where do I access it? I just finished
Mars btw and about to do Primarch rescue
. Will those areas available later on?

yup, they open up after you completed certain priority mission

Yeah, I'm gonna check out of here for the weekend or until I'm done, the ending talk is starting to bum me out on finishing the game. Catch ya'll on the flip side.

X-Frame

Kelly Chambers Spoiler.

you can save Kelly if you tell here to change her identity.

When was this? Because I don't remember ever encountering anything with Kelly.

Also, Miranda spoiler/question:
How exactly do you SAVE Miranda? She died on my play through in her father's base but others have her alive.

Derrick01

Banned
There are a lot of sidequests, but almost all of them involve scanning planets.

Even if you want to get rid of the fetch quests there's still a lot of moments with Normandy crew mates and other familiar and new people. It's a better citadel as a whole than the other 2 but I do wish they could connect it all together with minimal loading. That's probably a console memory problem though.

Because it probably is bigger if you made it one giant place instead of dividing it into 5 or 6 areas, and there's definitely more things to do and people to talk to.

No way in hell is it bigger in any sense. What is there to do? Deliver fed-ex packages to random NPCs? Shop at a few kiosks? Occasionally talk to squad members that appear? You did all that and more in the first game and it actually represented the scale of the place.

Alchemy

No way in hell is it bigger in any sense. What is there to do? Deliver fed-ex packages to random NPCs? Shop at a few kiosks? Occasionally talk to squad members that appear? You did all that and more in the first game and it actually represented the scale of the place.

Most of the content in the Citadel is staggered based on your progression through the game, it isn't all available immediately. It probably has more content when you combine all the staggered stuff.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Seriously. The amount of sidequests in the Medical Bay alone are astounding.

There is a ton of "stuff to do", but most of that stuff has no meat to it at all. So yeah, there are like, a billion quests, but they all take 5 seconds to complete.

How exactly do you SAVE Miranda? She died on my play through in her father's base but others have her alive.
Im not sure, but was she perhaps not loyal in ME2 in your savegame? Or perhaps its what Bioware decided if you dont import a savegame.

Remmy2112

In my Paragon I met her three times. Once at the Normandy docks, once in the Spectre room, and once in the Presidium apartments. That last time she asked for access to Alliance resources and I gave it to her. Other than that, and a ME2 playthrough where I took mostly paragon options but no romance, she survived.

Most of the content in the Citadel is staggered based on your progression through the game, it isn't all available immediately. It probably has more content when you combine all the staggered stuff.

What content? Overhearing a conversation, having a delivery "quest" auto-added to your journal? There's nothing there. The Citadel in ME1 had firefights, treasure hunt quests, quests that you resolve through dialogue, etc...

jediyoshi

She's in the refugee docks of the citadel. You have to seek her out yourself though she's pretty much in the same spot the entire time.

What content? Overhearing a conversation, having a delivery "quest" auto-added to your journal? There's nothing there. The Citadel in ME1 had firefights, treasure hunt quests, quests that you resolve through dialogue, etc...
So which of those things didn't you see yet?

Einbroch

Banned
Tachanka spoilers:

Oh God. I'm Renegade, but...no. I don't know if I can do this after Eve was just all "Thank you so much, commander. Your sacrifice won't be forgotten."

X-Frame

In my Paragon I met her three times. Once at the Normandy docks, once in the Spectre room, and once in the Presidium apartments. That last time she asked for access to Alliance resources and I gave it to her. Other than that, and a ME2 playthrough where I took mostly paragon options but no romance, she survived.

Crap. You know what my problem was? I was confused for like 2 days where Miranda was in the Spectre office and figured my game bugged until I found the extra terminal on the left side and only did that likely before the Cerberus attacks. So I never got a chance to talk to her a 3rd time. That was definitely it.

She's in the refugee docks of the citadel. You have to seek her out yourself though she's pretty much in the same spot the entire time.

So which of those things didn't you see yet?

Whaaa?! How did I miss that? I walked by everyone at least 15 times throughout the game looking for conversations and nothing ever prompted me. She was definitely alive too from ME2. Where was she?

Derrick01

Banned

ME3 has at least two of those three. Maybe even all 3 but my memory is hazy a bit on the (spoilered in case people don't want to know for sure what might be left out)
resolving quests through talking

Crap. You know what my problem was? I was confused for like 2 days where Miranda was in the Spectre office and figured my game bugged until I found the extra terminal on the left side and only did that likely before the Cerberus attacks. So I never got a chance to talk to her a 3rd time. That was definitely it.

Whaaa?! How did I miss that? I walked by everyone at least 15 times throughout the game looking for conversations and nothing ever prompted me. She was definitely alive too from ME2. Where was she?
It seems sometimes she simply wont load. The game has some stupid bugs for such a AAA title.

Infiltrator human in Multiplayer is one of the most OP-ed classes with the Widow. SO AMAZING! Headshots take out 50-70% of the health of the heavy classes, and insta-kill most others with a headshot.

ME3 has at least two of those three. Maybe even all 3 but my memory is hazy a bit on the (spoilered in case people don't want to know for sure what might be left out)
resolving quests through talking

There are maybe a couple of each sans firefights. That's it. It's not even comparable.

There is a ton of "stuff to do", but most of that stuff has no meat to it at all. So yeah, there are like, a billion quests, but they all take 5 seconds to complete.

Yeah the "scan this planet before the Toy Reapers get you and don't you dare forget what you picked up or where your progress is because WE sure as hell didn't remember all that" side missions are really lazy. At least the Mako/uninhabited missions from ME1 had great skyboxes and were atmospheric. Some of these are just a giant wastes of time, and most of the wasted time is spent in loading + walking in and out of the Citadel.

And I still say allowing squad mates to die in the 2ND game of the trilogy was a horrible decision, now more than ever. The way the ME2 characters are treated in this game makes ME2 feel so disposable. Huge "suicide mission" with a galactic all star team? Meh, here's a few scenes/emails with those people.

Melville

Sorry I haven't read this thread, so I don't know if the issue I'm having has been addressed:

I just tried importing a ME2 character, and now I'm level 30 right from the begining of the game. Is there a way not to get the bonus experience? I feel I'll be missing on a lot of the game if I can't experience a natural progression from a weak infiltrator to a strong one... But I still want to keep the choices I made in the previous game.

Derrick01

Banned
There are maybe a couple of each sans firefights. That's it. It's not even comparable.

There's (mid game story spoiler)
an entire main story mission involving the Citadel that is much better than the Tali introduction one in ME1, with much larger ramifications. I'd say that more than beats the few ME1 Citadel firefights.

Desaan

Managed to get X-Padder fully working with all game functions the only thing I can't do is bind the 8th quickslot to anything. Also had to grab the FOV fix, couldn't stand the default one. Makes me feel like a blinkered horse (what the fuck is with developers and shitty FOV on the PC lately?)

Having done all that I was finally ready to kick it up onto the TV and play, which begs the question of controller support and lack of basic video options on a supposedly AAA title. Massive pain in the ass!

iavi

I've run into 3 game breaking bugs so far. I've had to restart with all of them and hope that the missions work, this latest one isn't. On Tuc
hanka, looking for Victus, towards what I think is the end, I grab the reaper weapon, run past this empty quad that looks as if it's supposed to be full of enemies, towards the marker on a ledge that says his name, and no one is there, nothing comes. Nothing's happening at all and I've restarted this mission 3x.
My only save is in the beginning of this mission too...

There's (mid game story spoiler)
an entire main story mission involving the Citadel that is much better than the Tali introduction one in ME1, with much larger ramifications. I'd say that more than beats the few ME1 Citadel firefights.

That's silly. If you're going to count that you may as well count the final level in ME1.

Minor character spoiler:
Kelly only appears at the Citadel in Mass Effect 3 if she had dinner with Shepard in Mass Effect 2. :/

1stStrike

Banned
Just got this in the mail:

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #blahblahblah for "Mass Effect 3." We
recently learned that some customers had trouble installing their game. We're very
sorry about this.

If you've had trouble installing your game, please uninstall any existing files and
then download the game again from Your Games and Software Library
(http://www.amazon.com/YourGamesandSoftware).

To help make it up to you, Amazon.com and Electronic Arts would like to offer a free
EA game download. Here's your promotion code:

Promotion Code: NotdumbenoughtopastethisonGAF

To redeem your code, click the link for one of the Electronic Arts Game Downloads
below and click "Buy and Download." Enter your promotion code in the box tilted
"Gift codes & promotions" and click "Apply."

Mirror’s Edge - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047O2Q02/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Dead Space - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047O2L70/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Dragon Age: Origins - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00477472O/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Mass Effect - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00477472Y/?tag=neogaf0e-20

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

Woot.

rvy

Banned
Been alright so far, but God damn, BioWare's games will always be unpolished messes, won't they? It's a shame.
There's a fucking doctor whose lower body is inside a lab desk, in Huerta Memorial. Character's eye globes go haywire a lot of times during conversations, they will even roll back. Shepard's neck bends and turns in inhuman ways. Characters don't seem to interact with floor properly a lot, or anything else for that matter, not even their own bodies. Bad animation, clipping, framerate drops and general shoddy quality.

Eh, still liking it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've run into 3 game breaking bugs so far. I've had to restart with all of them and hope that the missions work, this latest one isn't. On Tuc
hanka, looking for Victus, towards what I think is the end, I grab the reaper weapon, run past this empty quad that looks as if it's supposed to be full of enemies, towards the marker on a ledge that says his name, and no one is there, nothing comes. Nothing's happening at all and I've restarted this mission 3x.
My only save is in the beginning of this mission too...

You can keep progressing if you're at the part I think you are. His name is put early but you keep going and he says something on the radio and it updates.

Holy shit
Tuchanka
may be the best mission I have played in the entire series. .
Mordin dieing almost got me misty eyed
. I am a renegade player and had to go with the paragon option. I dont care if the ending is shitty or not ..damn that mission was amazing. Reminds me of why I still play video games.

Top Bottom