• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mat Piscatella NPD: the extended sales strength of Switch will likely be the real story of video game hardware in holiday 2020 not PS5 and XBS

Bodomism

Banned
This x100. I don't see what the big ass deal is for most in this thread. I don't see any problem with both Sony and Nintendo selling very well as it simply bodes well for video games in general. What is worrisome, to me at least, is how the PS5 is doing in Japan--that ought to be cause for some concern for anyone who enjoys Japanese games. The console market over there is in a bad bad way.
Console market in Japan is in healthy condition.

RingFit adventure has sold nearly 2 million units or even surpasses that number already with Japan Nintendo store inclusion.

RingFit Adventure is only playable in docked mode.

Games like Super Mario Party and Momotaro Dentetsu are primarily created for docked mode is currently selling really well and will become 2 million seller for SMP and Momotaro will sells around 1.5 million units.

e&e

Banned
Absolute Monster!
If I get mad I let people know it I'm not here to hide anything. I think this piscatella guy is kind of a douche. I think you're taking it too much as me being some anti-nintendo guy. I'm not. In fact I'm a pretty OG Nintendo fan NES SNES N64 the only Nintendo system I haven't had besides virtual boy is the switch and that's partially because I don't have the money I used to lately. I was one of those people telling my friends at school the N64 was clearly the superior console to the PlayStation. I'm not mad at Nintendo and I don't have any problem with Nintendo fans in fact one of my recent long diatribe posts mentioned how Nintendo fans are probably the best warriors on this forum and the least obnoxious. Was most likely in The Meta thread if you want to see it. That said this piscatella guy has been like this for a while and the thing is you can say he's just a guy who reports on what happens in the industry but I believe he's a guy who wants to influence the industry and some of the things he said has pointed me in that directionswitch and that should be what you care about. It's all like I'm some big fan of Sony pony people who do the same thing. I no longer even read posts by that last word guy. I'm subject to my emotions and I like to speak my mind but I do everything I can to try and be fair on this forum while having a preference and yes right now the preference would be towards Sony because I think the model for how they're doing things is the best model. To me Sony is in the position Nintendo was one sin where they didn't just have an exclusive argument they also had an argument in terms of tech and they also had third party support that was really good. I might be a fool for wanting Nintendo to get back into the tech game with advanced looking games and for them to bring third parties back to the table but I'd really like to see it, I'd love another console generation where they're at the top because I'm not sure any consoles line up beats that of the super Nintendo or N64. Competition makes everyone better or at least I hope it does sometimes competition just makes people add micro transactions and games as a service but then of course you can come up and be like hey look at our games that don't do that I think that was a lot of the good argument for Nintendo I think they lost some of that when they did the paid for online I really wish they hadn't done that. Anyways I like you buddy you're a good poster sorry for this long rant I didn't mean to come off like I'm some kind of anti-nintendo guy.
Sorry man, you are weird...

Top Bottom