• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matrix trilogy 10 disc Box Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
from dvdtalk
The set will also contain a 20-page softcover booklet. HMV's RRP is £44.99.

The ten discs seem to be:

1 - The Matrix - With All-New Transfer & Audio Commentary
2 - The Matrix Revisited – Original Version With Behind-The-Scenes Footage
3 - Matrix Reloaded Extended Version – New Cut With 55 Minutes Of New Footage Inserted Back Into The Film
4 - Matrix Reloaded Revisited – All New Interviews, Scene Dissections And More!
5 - Matrix Revolutions – Original Cut With Audio Commentaries
6 - Matrix Revolutions Revisited – A Host Of All-New Extras
7 - The Animatrix
8 - The Roots Of The Matrix – 3 Hours Of Features
9 - The Burley Man Chronicles – The People Behind The Matrix Discuss Their Work
10 - The Zion Archive – A Tour Of Matrix Design Concepts, Storyboards & Drawings

And here is HMV's list of special features for the new discs:

THE MATRIX

All-New Transfer & Audio Commentary

All-New transfer supervised by The Wachowskis and director of photography (DP), Bill Pope

Audio commentary by Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, DP Bill Pope and other cast and crew

The Matrix Revisited – Original version with behind-the-scenes footage

The Matrix Revisited (180 Minutes) - Same special features as previous release

Offers comprehensive behind-the-scenes look at the first film in the trilogy.

MATRIX RELOADED

Extended Version – New Cut With 55 Minutes Of New Footage Inserted Back Into The Film

Matrix Reloaded Revisited – All New Interviews, Scene Dissections And More!

Matrix Reloaded Extended Version (190 Minutes) - New Special Features new cut incorporating 55 minutes of footage shot for the 'Enter The Matrix' Game

Audio Commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Production Designer Owen Paterson, 2nd Unit Directors David Ellis And Kimble Rendall and other cast and crew

Matrix Reloaded Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)

Includes All New Footage Including Dozens Of Never-Before-Seen Cast And Crew Interviews, Scene Dissections, Explorations Of The Production Design And Special Effects, And More

MATRIX REVOLUTIONS

Matrix Revolutions – Original cut with audio commentaries

Matrix Revolutions Revisited – A host of all-new extras

Matrix Revolutions - new special features:

Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Special Effects Supervisor, John Gaeta; editor, Zach Staenberg and other cast and crew

Matrix Revolutions Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)

Includes all new footage, including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

THE ANIMATRIX

Same Special Features As Previous Release

THE ROOTS OF THE MATRIX

The Roots Of The Matrix – 3 Hours Of Features:

The Roots of the Matrix - Special Features (180 Minutes)

The Matrix and the History of the Action Genre - Examines The Many Influences Of Action Cinema That Make Up The Matrix

Brainiacs’ Revenge - Scholars, Philosophers, Theorists, And Charlatans Deconstruct The Intellectual Underpinnings Of The Trilogy

The Science Behind The Fiction – Is The Notion Of A Real Matrix Plausible? An Investigation Of The Technologies That Inspire The Metaphor Of The Matrix

THE BURLEY MAN CHRONICLES

The Burley Man Chronicles – The People Behind The Matrix Discuss Their Work:

The Burley Man Chronicles - Special Features (75 Minutes)

The Burley Man Chronicles - The “Human” Story Of The Making Of The Matrix, As Well As The Game Enter the Matrix

Rave Reel - A Club-Oriented Montage Of Unused And Newly Edited Footage From Reloaded

Spoofs of The Matrix -The “Best-of” these various clips

THE ZION ARCHIVE

The Zion Archive – A Tour Of Matrix Design Concepts, Storyboards & Drawings

The Zion Archive - Special Features

Zion Archive - Production Assets Developed For The Matrix Universe, Including Concept Artwork, Storyboards, Drawings, Etc

Basic ROM Features

Matrix-related submissions to the BBFC this year are as follows:

The Matrix Revolutions - Future Gamer: The Matrix Online (10'58")

The Matrix Recalibrated (27'02")

The Matrix Revolutions - Neo Realism the Evolution of Bullet Time (12'22")

The Matrix Revolutions - Mind Over Matter (8'03")

The Matrix Revolutions - Double Agent Part 1 (7'09")

The Matrix Revolutions - Super Big Mini Models (8'45")

The Matrix Revolutions - Super Burly Brawl Storyboard (6'16")

The Matrix Revolutions - CG Revolution (15'30")

MATRIXBOX2.jpg

Holy shit!

This plus ROTK EE + SW trilogy = :0~~

Now heres hoping for a Kill Bill Special Edition for christmas too

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
50 bucks? That's it? As much as I disliked Reloaded, and hated Revolutions, I will buy this for those 55 minutes in Reloaded.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
That is alot of footage. Though I wished/assumed there would be new footage for Revolutions as well. For that price, I will get this box. fo sho.

I just hope that in some of that footage there is a breakdown of exactly what was going on and explain some of the questions that were left after the trilogy was over.

Dead

well not really...yet
Yeah I dont have an problems with the first two movies at all. I hoped maybe for some new stuff in Revolutions but oh well...

SickBoy

45 British pounds=$83

Looks chock full of anything anyone could ask for though...

*returns to pretendland where the Matrix is a standalone movie.*

-SB

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
55 minutes more of Reloaded? wow that'll be nice.

No extra scenes for the other 2 though :/

Oh wait did we decide that extra 55 minutes was just the ETM stuff?

Im not really sure why everyone hated the last two matrix films really, fair enough reloaded was a bit of a non-event, but it had some very very cool scenes, what happened after the smith fight with neo in revolutions was damn wierd, but the culmination of their fight was exactly the ending i expected and i was very pleased with that. And i loved the fight for Zion sequence.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
"Matrix Reloaded Extended Version (190 Minutes) - New Special Features new cut incorporating 55 minutes of footage shot for the 'Enter The Matrix' Game"

Haha, told you guys. Fuck that

darscot

The Matrix rocked but it was all down hill from there. As much as I would like the new transfer I'm just not will drop 100 on it.

Trevelyon

SO F'N MINE!

MATRIXBOX2.jpg

DeadStar said:
"All New Footage - Reloaded & Revolutions"

Exactly what & how much extra footage.. and it better be no ETM crap.

"Audio Commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Production Designer Owen Paterson, 2nd Unit Directors David Ellis And Kimble Rendall and other cast and crew"

Oh.. jesus fuck Wachowski's! just do a bleedin' commentary already. :(

Dead

well not really...yet
Oh.. jesus fuck Wachowski's! just do a bleedin' commentary already.

I doubt theyd do one....I dunno I read somewhere theyre not on speaking terms anymore or something...

This might be everything in the set, but who knows. Ill wait for an official announcement...

Also I hope they will touch up some of CG shots in the burly Brawl...doesnt bother me but itd be nice..

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Heh, Keanu commentary...

"This is where i er....punched this guy....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

SKluck

Banned
I own matrix 1,2,3, revisited, and animatrix already, but this is definitely a double dip worth buying.

No commentary from the brothers though? That is definitely disappointing. I'd also like some serious discussion about why the sequels weren't recieved as well and if they thought they did anything wrong, not just a matrix circle jerk. But that usually takes at least 10 years for filmmakers to look objectively at their past work.

darscot

So what's the story on them? It would be worth buying if only to hear them fight on how they wanted to do things. Probable explain allot.

SKluck

Banned
So I guess that is that then? They did the matrix movies and then they are done?

God knows they are probably sitting on a quarter billion dollars.

Dead

well not really...yet
SKluck said:
So I guess that is that then? They did the matrix movies and then they are done?

God knows they are probably sitting on a quarter billion dollars.
I think it has more to do with the fact that studios will be more reluctant to give them a huge ass budget after this....maybe theyll do something small like bound or something

I wouldnt expect anything from them for at least a good 7-10 years if anything

COCKLES

being watched
3 - Matrix Reloaded Extended Version – New Cut With 55 Minutes Of New Footage Inserted Back Into The Film

Heaven on a DVD! :D

I'm sure the ETM footage will contain bridging scenes the bros shot at the time with the DVD in mind. You really think their going to plonk in the ETM scenes at random into the movie?

I'll buy three copies. One for me and one each for Lord Federman and Trilobyte. :D

smith1.jpg

BuddyC

Wario64 said:
"Matrix Reloaded Extended Version (190 Minutes) - New Special Features new cut incorporating 55 minutes of footage shot for the 'Enter The Matrix' Game"

Haha, told you guys. Fuck that

No kidding. Lame.

DeadStar said:
I doubt theyd do one....I dunno I read somewhere theyre not on speaking terms anymore or something...

This might be everything in the set, but who knows. Ill wait for an official announcement...

Also I hope they will touch up some of CG shots in the burly Brawl...doesnt bother me but itd be nice..

Eh, I thought they didnt do commentaries and rarely are seen in public because of the sex changes?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
kitchenmotors said:
Eh, I thought they didnt do commentaries and rarely are seen in public because of the sex changes?

Well, only one got/is getting a sex change. But that still shouldn't stop them from going in the studio and dropping some commentary.

COCKLES

being watched
Wonder how they'll handle the ETM footage. Given some scenes are done multiple choice in the game. I hope they go with Ghost's scene with Persophone - that's actually one of the best scenes in the entire series, just a shame they didn't use more of him in Revolutions.

Dead

well not really...yet
COCKLES said:
Wonder how they'll handle the ETM footage. Given some scenes are done multiple choice in the game. I hope they go with Ghost's scene with Persophone - that's actually one of the best scenes in the entire series, just a shame they didn't use more of him in Revolutions.
I hope they show that Agent Smith scene in Revolutions that you always talk about, at least in a deleted scene format...

yeah Its going to take some creative editing for that ETM footage but itll work I think..the ETM footage was good and clears up the confusion about the Oracle in Revolutions and introduced the trainman....

Willco

Hollywood Square
COCKLES said:
I'll buy three copies. One for me and one each for Lord Federman and Trilobyte.

You better buy one for me, 'cause hell if I'm going to buy it. I already own The Matrix. The sequels are not worth $80. In fact, I feel I should be reimbursed for sitting through those two shitty movies.

Dead

well not really...yet
OmniGamer said:
So no HD transfers?
2 and 3 already are I think

Like I said though, this isnt an official announcement so there might be stuff left out

calder

I might pick it up because I didn't bother buying Reloaded on DVD.

But right now I'm daring every single one of you to listen to Keanu's commentary track in it's entirety. That's going to be some cogent, penetrating insight!

Yeah, the ETM footage was pretty cool, and now that its back in the film, I can sleep at night disbelieving that ETM ever happened.

Too bad Revolutions still sucks though.

OmniGamer said:
So no HD transfers?

There's no such thing as an "HD transfer." DVDs are all the same resolution. If you meant that they're downconverted from an HD source, then all three of the Matrix DVDs have been telecined and transfered in the same way. It's just that 1999's encoding technology isn't as good as 2003's encoding technology. I don't imagine that a new transfer of the first film will offer too much of an improvement.

OmniGamer

...I was referring to something along the lines of T2:Extreme Edition...back on the old GA there was a thread about the box set and some were speculating that there could be HD versions.

OmniGamer said:
...I was referring to something along the lines of T2:Extreme Edition...back on the old GA there was a thread about the box set and some were speculating that there could be HD versions.

Hmm, I see. Well, DeadStar's reply to your post thought the same thing. Be more clear next time! Anyway, you mean like a WMP9 version of the movies, like what's on the T2:EE disc? That would be cool, but almost certainly not going to happen.

andthebeatgoeson

Whatever, the gig's up. We've already saw Revolutions. You bastards aint getting anymore of my money.

$55 for 2 shitty movies and 1 great one? Where do I sign up for it? Oh, same line where I sign up for butt fuckings? Sounds great.

Willco

Hollywood Square
skinnyrattler said:
Whatever, the gig's up. We've already saw Revolutions. You bastards aint getting anymore of my money.

$55 for 2 shitty movies and 1 great one? Where do I sign up for it? Oh, same line where I sign up for butt fuckings? Sounds great.

Post of the decade!

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
skinnyrattler said:

Gayming Age has just propelled the sales to new highs if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom