• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"McDonald's of the Future" coming to Missouri in July, features all-you-can-eat fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Australia already does the make your own burger thing. It's awesome.

It's been going through tests in various parts of the US already, like in SoCal. Though I don't think those test locations offer the same number of choices as this one appears to be planning.

keffri

plane-taking-off.jpg

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I've gotten a large order of a McDs combo, there is a limit to the fries you can ingest. It loses its appeal after that point

BlueWord

They have one of these in Central Kentucky somewhere. Came upon it completely by chance while passing through a few weeks ago.

Seemed really cool. The kiosks give you a ton of options.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm down for some McD's fries here and there.

But all you can eat?

They SURELY want me to die. That's not how you treat customers.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
There's places I wouldn't mind all you can eat fries, but McDonald's is not one of them. =S

i still remember eating at a mcdonalds that had an all you can eat breakfast buffet when i was a kid. never came across another one like it.
You remember all you can eat pizza? Or was that only in Canada? 90's McDonald's was the shit. All you can eat pan pizza for like $10 once a week. They'd bring it to your table and everything. Was really good too.

Nah, they're damn good. Nobody is saying they're the best ever, but they are up there when prepared properly. Crispy, salty, hot... hnnnngh. You know you got a good batch when you don't even need ketchup or other sauces.

You kidding? If I had a penny for every time someone told me they're "the best fries ever" I'd be a god damn billionaire.

Oh my sweet regular sized child, you also missed the 49 cent hamburger
49? I live in SoCal and I remember it being 29 cents. It was 39 or 49 for a cheeseburger but we would end up buying a couple dozen and putting our own cheese on at home. #90'sstruggle

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
49? I live in SoCal and I remember it being 29 cents. It was 39 or 49 for a cheeseburger but we would end up buying a couple dozen and putting our own cheese on at home. #90'sstruggle

Those were only on specific days or during certain special sales, .49 was the standard price.

Reading the interior description of the place it sounds more like Mclenial's.

They had me at all you can eat fries but then I remember I don't particularly care for McDonald's fries anymore.

I tried out this concept, minus the all you can eat fries, when I traveled to the Texas panhandle a couple weeks ago. You can create some really good burgers, but they can get expensive if you keep piling on things like guacamole, bacon, extra patties, extra cheese etc.

I can't eat more than a large fry at McD's without my tastebuds getting sick of them so the all you can eat fry concept doesn't entice me much

Geg

Nah, they're damn good. Nobody is saying they're the best ever, but they are up there when prepared properly. Crispy, salty, hot... hnnnngh. You know you got a good batch when you don't even need ketchup or other sauces.
This is never, ever the case with McDonald's fries. Without ketchup they barely even have taste

People like their limp, soggy, lukewarm, over salted fries?
People like their bland, tasteless, dry chicken nuggets?

Step your damn food game up, GAF.

Hazmat

Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

In reality, this food is really cheap. I can hit the all-I-can-eat amount of fries for $5 or so and I can eat them at home (or in my car) where there is no judgement.

Great way to eliminate the homeless quicker.
Oh you!
On a serious note 'murica is already having an health problem and an excessive usage of fast food in general..
Do people need even more encouragmnt to eat unhealthy food?
Because i can already see people consuming shitload of fries because fu, they're Free! Gotta stack on those carbs!

DjRalford

Wow, so all you can eat carbs for all those people to get even fatter.

Way to go Maccy D's

If people could not control themselves with super sizes, what do they think this is going to do?

Askani

As a warning from someone born in St Joseph, don't ever go to St Joseph for any reason. If you can get past the smell of the hog processing plants ruining the south end, all you'll find is 70,000 Midwest townies and the feeling of your soul being slowly leeched from your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom