• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"McDonald's of the Future" coming to Missouri in July, features all-you-can-eat fries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it's self-service all-you-can-eat. I'd guess it comes with the build-your-burger, which are brought to your table and are much more expensive. You can probably order more fries as you finish, but you won't be recreating the picture of those Korean kids.

UberLevi

With this option comes McDonald’s newest feature: all-you-can-eat french fries.

image.php

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
No pictures?

Are we expecting something like this?

Contemporary-McDonalds-by-Mei-Architects-Photography-by-Jeroen-Musch-1-960x554.jpg

mcdonalds fries are only good when you go to a busy store so the turnover is high and you don't end up with soggy potatoes that have been sitting there for half an hour.

when you get good ones, they're amazing. they should really do QC on them.

Exodust

Banned
We have on of those create your taste kiosks here and those burgers are awesome for McDonalds. No all you can eat fries though :(

Falcs

Banned
All you can eat fries??
Please bring this to Australia! We already have the customize-your-meal Kiosks.
I don't know about you Americans, but the fries at our McDonalds down here are fricken awesome!

Meciu

I see no future here. Although, I'm pretty sure that feature like "all you can eat french fries" would destroy me.

Log4Girlz

Need to whip up a snack in a hurry? Dump a bag of fries on the floor and eat the fries off of the floor like a animal you piece of shit.

Ishan

I swear they must sprinkle cocaine on those fries to get people to like them. They're bloody abhorrent.

As opposed to fries where ? McDonald's has decent fries if you don't like them you don't like the salt amt or prefer other seasonings they do fries well . Unless of course you have some magic recipe . Please do educate us plebs.

It's a fried potato even a master chef can only improve it so much Jesus ...

Edit also as seen by replies McDonald's in non us locations has better quality etc etc but I've had the fries here too they are perfectly fine .. really no idea what you consider good fries .

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
As opposed to fries where ? McDonald's has decent fries if you don't like them you don't like the salt amt or prefer other seasonings they do fries well . Unless of course you have some magic recipe . Please do educate us plebs.

It's a fried potato even a master chef can only improve it so much Jesus ...

Edit also as seen by replies McDonald's in non us locations has better quality etc etc but I've had the fries here too they are perfectly fine .. really no idea what you consider good fries .

Well, there are all sorts of fries. Thin cut. Thick cut. Waffle cut. All those end up with a different product. Then you have seasonings. Garlic salt. Chicken salt. Seasoning salt. Cajun spice. Curry spice. Then you have toppings, which are nearly infinite. Then you have types of of fat that can change the final product immensely. The fry you end up with with say, canola oil versus rendered duck fat are worlds apart. And finally, there is a vast difference that is determined by freshness, quality and type of potato. A frozen, pre-cut fry from McDonald's is going to be different than fresh cut potatoes at other fast food joints like Five Guys.

So, you know.

Berordn

It's been going through tests in various parts of the US already, like in SoCal. Though I don't think those test locations offer the same number of choices as this one appears to be planning.

I think they've rolled out the full versions of it in a lot of corporate Florida stores, and by all accounts it's floundering. Staff have little training for them, they're confusing and by and large seem to just sit unused.

Will be interesting to see how this store does, if it takes off it could get corporate to take a second look at their kiosk implementation.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hey gang, let's go to mickey ds after class for some kickin milkshakes. Then let's go out and start beating people up like it's double dragon II.

real talk do people actually like mcnuggets? I'd rather eat the nuggets from just about any other fast food joint than those things.

I work at a mcdonalds and when we had a deal for 50 nuggets for $10 its all people would order. Sometimes 100 nuggets. A lot of the time it was 50 for themselves.

And if they added all you can eat fries to that i'm pretty sure my wife would insist we moved. She loves those nuggets and fries lol

kris.

Banned
...this is only 25-30 minutes north of me. i might have to. i shouldn't. but all you can eat fries? oh man.

I think that this store would lose money and it would never spread out.

That or there would be an increase in coronary disease in the area a few years down the road.

Unlimited fries + free refills = never getting a large size again when I eat inside. Yes please. Add to it the free wi fi and I never have to leave.

KingBroly

Banned
Unlimited Fries is gonna be one of those things they have then discontinue within like a week cuz it'll be abused so easily.

'how many fries would you like, sir?'

'all of them'

'excuse me?'

'All of them. I want all of the fries. NOW!'

LoveCake

Don "Big Mac" Gorske know for having eaten over 26,000 Big Mac hamburgers, He also claims to drink almost nothing but Coca-Cola and, according to Super Size Me, he rarely eats the fries.

The fries do taste nice, but I much prefer the burgers, the best tasting one imo is the normal regular hamburger.

Even though it is "all you can eat" is there not an actual limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom