• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds testing new Signature Burger, Dollar Menu to be renamed Lovin’ Value Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://burgerbusiness.com/mcdonalds-tries-signature-burger/

McDonald’s is creating new menu items again. In selected markets the chain is trying out a “Signature Burger,” a new low-price entry that anchors what’s been rechristened the “Lovin’ Value Menu.”

The Signature Burger doesn’t bring new ingredients to the McDonald’s pantry. It combines two regular burger patties with white Cheddar cheese, tomato, lettuce and creamy Dijon mustard sauce. It’s on a potato bun that’s a step up from most of the burgers on what used to be the Dollar Menu & More.

Test drive-thru menu boards don’t mention the Dollar Menu & More. Instead they promote the Lovin’ Value Menu’s “Mini Meals,” which are higher-margin combo meals involving items that were on the Dollar Menu & More.
The Signature Burger is $2.49 by itself (prices may vary). But with small fries and small soft drink it tops the new Mini Meal category at $3.99. With a not-so-mini medium soft drink & fries the price is $4.69. That brings it close to the $4.99 a la carte price for the premium-tier Third Pound Sirloin burgers.

Other Mini Meal combos promoted up high on the drive-thru menu board being tried are a $3.39 McDouble Mini Meal, $2.99 Cheeseburger Mini Meal, $3.49 Double Cheeseburger Mini Meal and $2.99 McChicken Mini Meal. These items also are listed lower on the menu board at their a la carte prices (again, not with the Dollar Menu & More name), a duplication that runs counter to the menu streamlining and simplification McDonald’s says it is seeking.

Another interesting element of the Lovin’ Value Menu in test is a Classic Pack boxed meal. If you’re a longtime BurgerBusiness.com reader, you know I’ve been talking about multi-person boxed meals since McDonald’s Australia introduced the Dinner Box in 2010. It has taken five years, but the boxed multi-person meal finally seems ready for the big time in the U.S. after spreading just about everywhere else in the global McDonald’s system. As tested, the $13.99 Classic Pack has two Quarter Pounder with Cheese or two Big Macs (or mix and match) plus two medium fries, three sauces and a 20-piece Chicken McNuggets. The menu board say it “serves 4” though two young adults with hearty appetites might disagree.

In his May 4 video speech outlining the beginnings of his turnaround plan, McDonald’s CEO Steve Easterbrook promised, “Stronger insights underpinning the development of a compelling and sustainable everyday value proposition this summer to drive sales.” This “Lovin’ Value Menu” platform with its Mini Meal combos and Signature Burger certainly may be parts of that.

McDonald’s summer menu also will see the return of Frozen Strawberry Lemonade plus a new beverage: a McCafé Green Apple Smoothie.

5KpbTzL.jpg

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I wonder how dire things have to be for them to just go the "Breakfast All Day" route. I had it for the first time in ages and it's the best part of their menu.

Kieli

Uh... nobody buys a McDouble meal, McDonalds. o.0

It's all about buying 10 of them and eating yourself into Valhalla.

I'm not sure if I'm McLovin'

When I worked there, we had a manager who would treat customer complaints with a straight face but ad "Mc" to the start of basically every other word. So they'd be complaining that they'd been waiting a while for their food or something, and he's say something like "I'm very sorry you're not enjoying your Mcsperience today sir. If you'd like to take a McTray with your drink and McFries on, I'll make sure to send a McStaff member over with your McBig Mac as soon as it's McReady." He was hilarious. He also used to say "Time to lean is time to clean" though, so maybe not.

For fucks sake, McDonald's, quit trying to do all this premium burger bullshit. Your sad attempts at trying to look like a somewhat fancy, adult restaurant is what's killing you, and yet your solution to the problem is to double down on those shitty attempts. Seriously, just go back to slinging the cheapest burgers possible to little kids and you'll turn the business around in no time.

All these little name changes and other ultimately insignificant alterations isn't going to change the reputation of McDonald's, don't care how many models they have eating salads in their commercials

muteki

I wish they would actually show a small drink in the graphics if that is what comes with the meal.

The fancy coke glass next to burger is at least a medium amount of coke.

the budget meals actually sound pretty good, but the shifting away from the Dollar Menu is bad. Most of the people I know who eat McDonalds only do so because of the Dollar Menu

SoulUnison

Banned
If I can't get a pile of cheeseburgers and chicken burgers for a buck each, I have no use for McDonalds.

Does Wendy's still have buck bacon cheeseburgers?

That is how I show a chick I am in to her, when we are at McDonalds I say " Gone girl get cheese on it, you deserve it".

Is it "gone girl" because by the time you're saying this line she's realized you brought her to a McDonalds and bailed?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Between this and their other changes and bagtray, they are obviously just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

entremet

That is how I show a chick I am in to her, when we are at McDonalds I say " Gone girl get cheese on it, you deserve it".

Well the whole McDouble is just a gimped Double Cheeseburger.

Apparently, franchise owners were afraid the extra slice would bankrupt them.

I'm very serious.

Keep struggling, Mickey D's. You burned bridges with me when you got rid of the Angus Deluxe, the Big N' Tasty, and the Deluxe Quarter Pounder. Animals!

Get rid of the shamrock shake and we'll be 100% done FOREVER.

When I worked there, we had a manager who would treat customer complaints with a straight face but ad "Mc" to the start of basically every other word. So they'd be complaining that they'd been waiting a while for their food or something, and he's say something like "I'm very sorry you're not enjoying your Mcsperience today sir. If you'd like to take a McTray with your drink and McFries on, I'll make sure to send a McStaff member over with your McBig Mac as soon as it's McReady." He was hilarious. He also used to say "Time to lean is time to clean" though, so maybe not.
That absolutely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom