• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds testing new Signature Burger, Dollar Menu to be renamed Lovin’ Value Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Oh my gosh just drop the lovin' messaging.

anigif_enhanced-15782-1433859634-5.gif

You get that mad about McDonald's?

This is LITERALLY not rocket science, McDonald's.

.99 Double Cheeseburger. .99 Value Shake.

Done. Period. Game Over. You WIN.

Idiots

This is LITERALLY not rocket science, McDonald's.

.99 Double Cheeseburger. .99 Value Shake.

Done. Period. Game Over. You WIN.

Idiots

Maybe they can't take on those prices for those foods?

It used to be that the soft drink prices were the vast majority of the profits due to the $1.00 or whatever upcharge for them and the actual cost of the product being pennies. Can't see the same economics working when food is getting more and more expensive.

Javaman

I stopped at Hardee's the other day and "noped" right on out of there when I saw the friso burger was like 4 bucks. They had combo meals that topped 10 freaking dollars. What kind of dumb ass decision maker came up with that idea? There was noone eating at the place or in the drive through.

The Beard

Why are they doubling down on the "Lovin" ? Does anyone think it's actually a good slogan ? Nobody loves McDonald's, they merely tolerate it when they're too lazy to drive further down the road to get real food.

The Dollar Menu is the only thing people like about McDonalds, so they rename and give it the most awkward name possible "Lovin Value Menu" ?

I wonder if the people running McDonald's have some conflicting interests, and are purposely running it into the ground ? It's too bad to be true.

kess

You know what's a good idea? They should have the the drive-in price sign before the fucking microphone so you can look at the thing without telling the cashier off.

My McTrillions plz

Stupid new item, stupidly priced with a well established, stupid and beaten to death marketing slogan shoved on it (whoever at the McDs corporate office it is who is so hellbent on keeping the "Lovin' slogan needs to be punched in the face).

Today I went to Chipotle for lunch and had a delicious chicken burrito stuffed with fresh toppings and freshly made salsa (their red tomatillo is amazing, always get an extra cup on the side), menu price 6.50 and with tax it came to 6.99, less than what it would have cost to get a Big Mac combo with medium fries and obviously less than what the most basic combos at Hardees, BK and Arby's run for. I'd say aside from the other obvious reasons, that pretty much sums up why I very rarely go to McDs anymore.

They just can't seem to wrap their brains around the fact that they need to suck it up and increase the quality of the ingredients a bit and just focus on making good fast food burgers but no. Easterbrook's "new strategies" so far are pathetic non-starters and the company just continues to circle the drain of irrelevancy in a market that will no longer tolerate higher fast food prices coupled with lowered quality and portions (if you're an 80s/90s kid you'll probably recall Big Macs uses to be larger).

thefit

They need to install real grills its that simple stop repackaging the same ironed patties and get back to the basics that make a burger a real good burger. Fire!

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Every time I see the "lovin'" thing I'm reminded of a bit my ex-girlfriend used to do. Man, she was truly fucking hilarious. So fun to be around

tumblr_n1o6qkAJEx1rxb8ifo1_500.gif

Folks need to get a new damn thing

She was also a vegetarian, so not a big-time customer

Do kind of want to try that new burger. And that $14 pack is something I've wante d for a while. Give me all the diabetes

Hope these mini meal things actually add up to a deal instead of like the current number two where it's cheaper to get everything ala carte

Fracas

#fuckonami
Isn't like the entire point of McDonalds just to grab a bag o' McDubs and shamelessly gobble them down in solitude?

Adding fries and drinks into the equation ruins it, I'm guessing.

DOWN

Banned
I'm amazed at how many people don't understand that it couldn't be a dollar menu forever.

They have cheap food, they are trying to also have expensive food. Both numbers are dropping, so what's your suggestion? They can't make the cheap food cheaper.

vJrLkk.gif

y4QOAd.gif

Akainu

Well, at least there is still cheap wendy's food.

Man I remember when you could get mcdoubles and mc...bacons for a dollar.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm amazed at how many people don't understand that it couldn't be a dollar menu forever.

They have cheap food, they are trying to also have expensive food. Both numbers are dropping, so what's your suggestion? They can't make the cheap food cheaper.

Sure they could, but they'd have to eat the costs. Costco doesn't mind doing it:

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/retail/costco-philosophical-about-chicken-prices/

Turns out Costco does have a philosophy that would have been familiar to the ancient Greeks, who were also master traders: Keep ‘em cheap.

“We’ll have to see,” chief financial officer Richard Galanti first said in answer to Adler’s question. But he then proceeded to describe the Issaquah company’s worldview, delving deep into its identity as an inveterate discounter of rotisserie chicken.

“I can only tell you what history has shown us: When others were raising their chicken prices from $4.99 to $5.99, we were willing to eat, if you will, $30 to $40 million a year in gross margin by keeping it at $4.99,” Galanti said. “That’s what we do for a living.”

And it’s what keeps people coming into the warehouse, where they can be tempted by that 72-inch TV. Costco sold 76 million chickens in fiscal year 2014 — nearly one for every one of its 78.7 million cardholders.

So far, the chicken problem remains theoretical. The price of chicken has barely budged despite the fact that some 40 million chickens and turkeys have been euthanized or succumbed to avian flu, according to the Associated Press.

Hale-XF11

Hmmm, not bad. This puts it about on par with Culver's snack pak as far as what you get for the price, but I still like Culver's burgers more than McD's burgers.

antonz

I have said it for awhile now. McDonalds Corporate really does have no clue. Going to hide the value menu stuff from the display and instead show off these new mini meals. Now people can slow things down even more asking if they still have various value stuff.

Hazmat

Sure they could, but they'd have to eat the costs. Costco doesn't mind doing it:

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/retail/costco-philosophical-about-chicken-prices/

Well, Costco sells other stuff, and people weren't going there exclusively to buy raw chicken. They also aren't franchised, and I think a big problem with keeping the value menu at $1 was that franchisees were seeing lots of customers come in, ignore the pricier options, and order 6 things off the dollar menu.

Also, Costco charges a membership fee, McDonald's has to make every cent of its money selling food.

Not

Banned
Why the heck am I seeing all these McDonalds threads? Paper bag tray? Another probably-unsuccessful menu reinvention? Now they're dropping the dollar menu?

I guess what I'm asking is:

Did somebody say McDonalds? Why? Because they love to see me smile? Trust me, I'm not lovin' it. McDonald's sucks.

Lovin value meal?

What is this man. Who ever is running the show, is all over the place. Theres a Mc D thread everyday on GAF, and its usually not good.

the Menu should look like In N outs, About 5 items, with 5 more secret items.

theaface

I like McDonalds burgers, pretty much always have. But seriously, the whole 'I'm Lovin It' shtick has gotten on my nerves since Day 1, and has really soured my feelings towards the brand over the last, what, decade?

The voiceover guy for UK TV and radio ads comes across as insufferably smug and the whistling at the end of every advert is the gerkin on top of an already shitty cake. In fact, I'd say the whole Lovin' It package in its entirety also comes across as smug and self-satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom