• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds testing new Signature Burger, Dollar Menu to be renamed Lovin’ Value Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunonabi

I am all over that green apple smoothie. I won't be eating much off their regular menu for a while but the spicy chicken sandwhich for 1$ better be on this "Lovin" menu.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Honestly that McGriddle thread from a short while ago had me craving Sausage McMuffins today from the dollar menu for b-fast (McGriddle's are nasty syrup infused trash) and I got some today for the first time in almost 2 years.

I feel so gross, NEVER AGAIN
dbUgjcJ.gif

Their dollar iced coffees are so good though not gonna lie, Caramel >>>>>

a916

Burger joint introduces new burger, GAF states they've lost their mind... lol okay? Did McDonalds run over GAF's cat or something?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I feel like McDonald's is continuing to miss the point. These meals aren't really a value since they're just the old prices of dollar menu items crammed into a meal now.

Edit: Also after crunching the math, the $14 meal is basically a $5 20 piece nugget and then two $4.50 combos of a sandwich and a medium fries. Not really a major savings.

20 piece serves 2? Not in my house.

Literally nobody is splitting those in half. Maybe 6 or 7 year olds.

kirby_fox

Banned
They have no idea what to do at this point do they.

That was my exact thought. They are throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

Which makes complete sense if they asked millenials what they wanted. I'm pretty sure they got every answer possible with no concrete data saying "Do this and we'll eat there" so they have no choice but to do all of it and see what works.

_woLf

bring back the big & tasty and we'll talk, mcdonalds

also what if I want a dollar menu item but no fries or drink. this is terrible

kess

That's enough of this "lovin" bullshit McDonalds.

Leo Burnett Agency are history's greatest monsters. Ever since getting rid of Mayor McCheese they've been going straight to shit.

Wikipedia said:
In the 2000s, McDonald's experimented with the possibility of animating the characters to improve ratings. Various spots featuring the Hamburglar and other characters alongside celebrities were planned but were canceled. A conflict emerged between agencies regarding whether to continue using the characters or to follow through with the desire of ad agency Leo Burnett to elevate the "I'm lovin' it" campaign and phase out the characters completely. The latter option was chosen, and the McDonaldland characters were retired.

Lol, they get rid of the dollar menu entirely and wonder why they're struggling? Oh well, I've pretty much cut them entirely out of my diet anyway.

I like Egg McMuffins, I like their $1 yogurt parfait, I do not like when I get a burger and a drink and it's $10. On the flip side, I can get the thinnest beef patty known to man with a burger off the current dollar menu, but that sucks.

why are they so pathologically devoted to that terrible catchphrase

THIS.

It's so awkward. No one wants to say "Can I get the burger off the Lovin' Menu." Stop pushing this bullshit slogan on me, it's been 84 years.

DopeToast

Banned
Fuck McDonald's. I used to love you, but you've changed, or haven't changed enough, and it's just not the same anymore.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They really do need to get off the "I'm lovin' it" marketing slogan. People hated it 10-15 years ago when it came out and people still hate it. I remember Maddox doing a big thing about it (that's how old this thing is).

"We love to see you smile" was okay but I guess it wasn't "urban" enough for their targeted audience that they started going hard after at some point.

daveo42

Banned
Burger looks good but I'm not going to go to McDonald's to try and get a premium burger on a budget. Either do one or the other, cause trying to have it all means losing out on sales from both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom