• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 3 - 9 July

duckroll

11. Valkyrie Profile 2 - 18,683
12. Tetris DS
13. Boku no Natsuyasumi Portable
14. Mario Kart DS
15. Digimon Story
16. Pokemon Ranger
17. Daito Giken Premium Pachislot Collection - 8,273
18. Brave Story PSP - 8,238
19. Hiiro no Kakera - 7,600
20. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Best Price - 6,562
21. Shinseiki Evolution 2nd Impact Pachislot
22. SCE Science Kenkyuujou
23. Big Brain Academy
24. Puzzle Series Vol. 3 SUDOKU
25. Metroid Prime Hunters
26. Iris Atlier Sunrise Fantasm
27. Nana - 4,109
28. Seiken Densetsu DS: Children of Mana
29. Brave Story DS - 3,929
30. Dare Demo Asobi Taizen

I filled up those I could from numbers elsewhere (reliable as they match the top10 numbers exactly and were posted yesterday) to give a better perspective on the overall chart. :D

Oh and while I'm at it. Hardware....

DSL - 149,454
PSP- 31,959
PS2 - 23,332
GBASP - 2,818
Xbox360 - 1,610
GBM - 1,379
DS - 1,009
GC - 934
GBA - 20
Xbox - 13

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Surprised to see Hunters there.

Highest selling Metroid game in Japan?
I bet because its the free online... seems to help there.

KINGMOKU

I'm sorry guys. I had these damn numbers in my wine cooler the whole time and forgot about them.

dssales.jpg

I'll remember next time. :(

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Tabris said:
Yeah, proves the whole third party arguement Mono had about DS games :)

...or are the PS2/DS versions just bad?
Although the PS2/DS versions are probably bad, Sony published the Playstation versions.

cvxfreak

John Harker said:

Well the highest selling Metroid in Japan is the first Metroid at >1 Million units there.

Super Metroid also sold over 800K.

Hunters isn't even doing as well as Fusion, but it's to be expected because it's a first person shooter. If the game has good legs then by all means, it can outdo Fusion. I think it's ahead of Zero Mission, too.

John Harker

cvxfreak said:
Well the highest selling Metroid in Japan is the first Metroid at >1 Million units there.

Super Metroid also sold over 800K.

Hunters isn't even doing as well as Fusion, but it's to be expected because it's a first person shooter. If the game has good legs then by all means, it can outdo Fusion. I think it's ahead of Zero Mission, too.

Well, yea. I mean't recently.

More specifically, of the "first person" variety - though I know the recent GBA versions didn't do THAT well either.

mollipen

Tabris said:
I'm very disappointed in Brave's Story bombing as I heard it's a pretty good game and may not get NA release now.

If the PSP version doesn't get a NA release because of low Japanese sales, (a) that's pretty ****ed up, and (b) I'll blow up Japan.

DS 3rd party software seems to stick around in the top 30 for longer than PSP third party software to boot though.

Look at Children of Mana still in the top 30. Aside from Monster Hunter and Sega's Brain Training games, PSP software tends to drop like a rock after it's first week.

Anyways, Street Fighter Alpha 3 > Tekken.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
John Harker said:

People are only buying MPH so they can use it as a VOIP phone. True story. I'm not lying or making this stuff up.

John Harker

Fuzzy said:
People are only buying MPH so they can use it as a VOIP phone. True story. I'm not lying or making this stuff up.

Yea. I noticed that too.

There is also a trend of men walking around now with their zippers down there. Cause hey, it's cheaper than air conditioning.

cvxfreak

Tabris said:
Oh, lol, yeah, well that's when people were trolling the PSP a lot then so I was just fighting back with the good news that came up.

Expect the same if PSP ever gets good news again :p

o_O

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
John Harker said:
Yea. I noticed that too.

There is also a trend of men walking around now with their zippers down there. Cause hey, it's cheaper than air conditioning.
Wait until the headset is released in Japan, MPH sales are going to jump.

John Harker

Fuzzy said:
Wait until the headset is released in Japan, MPH sales are going to jump.

cell%20phone%20headset.jpg

Right, there is the next-gen model. Comes with a free virtual helmet, so you can actually see the person your speaking to during your phone call (with MPH in the background)

jj984jj

Tabris said:
Oh, lol, yeah, well that's when people were trolling the PSP a lot then so I was just fighting back with the good news that came up.

Why aren't you on the SONY DEFENCE FORCE?

Spike

Tabris said:

Like when the severe shortages for the DSLite occur around the holiday season? Don't worry, the Wii will pick up the slack... :p

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
:lol

NOW people troll the PSP a lot. Back then, people trolled the DS a lot, Tabris.

He basically admits he's spinning this thread for the PSP since he says "if PSP ever gets good news again".

duckroll said:
Enterbrain and Mediacreate tracks different stuff but I guess that's the Nbot habit, grasp any straw there's left that looks to indicate some hope for Nintendo, sorry but that's not happening! NINTENDOOOOOOMED!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hero

At least Anihawk is back on track after the Nintendogs fiasco last year.

Now Tabris, on the other hand, is a lost cause.

jj984jj

jeremy1456 said:
Do my eyes decieve me or has Megaman ZX already outsold Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X in Japan?

Damn...
THIS IS IMAPOSSABLE, 3RD PARTY GAMES SELL BETTER ON PSP!

Surely Rockman X did better, it was even released right before Christmas!

jj984jj said:
THIS IS IMAPOSSABLE, 3RD PARTY GAMES SELL BETTER ON PSP!

Surely Rockman X did better, it was even released right before Christmas!

imagine how well ZX would have done on the PSP! 40000 guaranteed. Poor DS

AniHawk

Hero said:
At least Anihawk is back on track after the Nintendogs fiasco last year.

Oh, it's still a lost cause. If Nintendogs doesn't do well in uh.... Spain, then it's a failure. A monumental failure.

AniHawk said:
Oh, it's still a lost cause. If Nintendogs doesn't do well in uh.... Spain, then it's a failure. A monumental failure.
You can do better than that.

Oh, it's still a lost cause. If Nintendogs doesn't sell at least 27 copies in the Sultanate of Brunei, then it's a failure. A monumental failure.

AniHawk

More posts from the past:

Animal Crossing might be a bigger hit than we all think. I'd say that's the one to look out for. It's had good word of mouth on the Gamecube. It sold 1,000,000 copies in America this gen with only 100,000-200,000 for its first month of sales.

On Nintendogs:
I doubt it's gonna really take off the way people are expecting/hoping. It'll probably do relatively poorly, like 23k-32k for each version (for the first week).

That's all I could find for some odd reason.

The Sony fanboy bitching is on par with nintendo fanboy bitching since 1996. How funny all I hear is "omfg why does it sell well." Instead of "why isnt sony selling." Seriously you could just cut and paste comments from thread years ago. Looks like sony fanatics are just as retarded with nintendo fanboys now that they don't have superior #s to quote.

X3 good sales. Hope its better than two. Tekken??? how can I fight with my psp d-pad?

No Graw or Chromehounds still being in the top 30. Uh-oh. Looks like the 360 comeback fluke is over. To bad. Hope bullet witch sells well. 360 still a little above usual. But damn they need Blue Dragon stat.

AniHawk

I wonder how many weeks before a PS2 version of Tekken DR is announced.

It already got LCS, Lumines, and Tokobots. TOKOBOTS.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
Japan just officially failed at life.

Xenosaga and Brain Training both outsold...

1.) The best portable fighting game ever made
2.) Portable Megaman awesome

There's now no disputing their horribleness. They failed at life definitively. Indefensible.

Oh quit being so dramatic Ami, you are actually shocked that the better games got outsold?

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
Oh quit being so dramatic Ami, you are actually shocked that the better games got outsold?

Shocked? No! It's just definitive proof that Japan is the worst territory for true gamers on Earth.

kisakiproject said:
The Sony fanboy bitching is on par with nintendo fanboy bitching since 1996. How funny all I hear is "omfg why does it sell well." Instead of "why isnt sony selling." Seriously you could just cut and paste comments from thread years ago. Looks like sony fanatics are just as retarded with nintendo fanboys now that they don't have superior #s to quote.

It seems to be that way. Lately, this forum's been full of Sonybot bitching on how Japan sux because their favorite portable isn't performing as well as they want it to be, how all DS games should've been on PSP because of the superiar grafix, how it would've sold better on PSP... come on! All I heard pre-PSP US launch was how the PSP would blow the DS out of the water, Nintendo would go out of business, doomgloomdoom, etc. Now that it's clear that's not going to happen, the PS fanatics can't seem to handle that. It's starting to get annoying now.

I never hear the Xbox fanboys bitch like this, and the 360 is doing way worse than the PSP in Japan. Give it a rest!

ethelred

Tabris said:
Yeah, proves the whole third party arguement Mono had about DS games :)

...or are the PS2/DS versions just bad?

Proves what? Considering that the PS2 and PSP versions were both published by Sony, those aren't third party titles.

Amir0x

Banned
bmf said:
How do you explain Beyond Good and Evil then?

Ubisoft's crap crap marketing.

Ubisoft should have been behind that game 100%. What a failure on their part!

Shard said:
It can't be any more depressing then our charts.

I can promise you there will never be a day Xenosaga will outsell Tekken in USA. And if that day arrives, after all the damage non-games like Brain Training has done and will do with the NPD charts for June, then all fake gamers should die.

Top Bottom