• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 3 - 9 July

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Why do you feel so strongly about this Ami, this shit isn't going to rip the heart out of gaming.
Damnation, if The Sims couldn't do it, nothing will.

Amir0x

Banned
you could die in the Sims. And it didn't have 18 hour cutscenes either!

I'm sorry, cvxfreak, I only hate garbage software.

cvxfreak

Amir0x said:
you could die in the Sims. And it didn't have 18 hour cutscenes either!

I'm sorry, cvxfreak, I only hate garbage software.

But I'm talking about Japan. :(

Don't worry, next week's thread will be titled that!

ethelred

Amir0x said:
Ubisoft's crap crap marketing.

Ubisoft should have been behind that game 100%. What a failure on their part!

I can promise you there will never be a day Xenosaga will outsell Tekken in USA. And if that day arrives, after all the damage non-games like Brain Training has done and will do with the NPD charts for June, then all fake gamers should die.

Xenosaga Episode I: 503,896
Tekken 5: 419,275

Oops.

Something is wrong in japan, they hate Rockman platform games or what?. The game is not going to sell more than 100.000 in her lifetime.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
that's before when everyone thought Xenosaga was a nice sequel to Xenogears! They didn't realize it sucked.

So, grandfather clause from the wrath of Amirox then?

Amir0x

Banned
**** no. The US still deserves my wrath. They should have done a little investigative shopping! So the US sucks just as much now, wtg.

But... but Virtua Fighter sold more. I hope! You don't realize how much I'm giving up on gamers worldwide. They just fail over and over again. Pathetic.

cvxfreak

Amir0x said:
**** no. The US still deserves my wrath. They should have done a little investigative shopping! So the US sucks just as much now, wtg.

But... but Virtua Fighter sold more. I hope!

Well, there's that.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:

But... but Virtua Fighter sold more. I hope! You don't realize how much I'm giving up on gamers worldwide. They just fail over and over again. Pathetic.

You should lower your expectations, a lot.

Juice

Amir0x said:
I can promise you there will never be a day Xenosaga will outsell Tekken in USA. And if that day arrives, after all the damage non-games like Brain Training has done and will do with the NPD charts for June, then all fake gamers should die.

Amir0x said:
that's before when everyone thought Xenosaga was a nice sequel to Xenogears! They didn't realize it sucked.

felt-backpedal-alu-cnc-bmx-pedal.jpg

I'll give you a hint. It's not a front pedal.

Terrell

Chris Michael said:
It seems to be that way. Lately, this forum's been full of Sonybot bitching on how Japan sux because their favorite portable isn't performing as well as they want it to be, how all DS games should've been on PSP because of the superiar grafix, how it would've sold better on PSP... come on! All I heard pre-PSP US launch was how the PSP would blow the DS out of the water, Nintendo would go out of business, doomgloomdoom, etc. Now that it's clear that's not going to happen, the PS fanatics can't seem to handle that. It's starting to get annoying now.

I never hear the Xbox fanboys bitch like this, and the 360 is doing way worse than the PSP in Japan. Give it a rest!
Yeah, you got this one right on the nose, Chris.
I mean, Nintendo fanboys are always grasping at straws and being very pie-in-the-sky when it comes to Nintendo's own products, which many find very annoying, but at least when things don't go their way, a lot of them (note: not all of them) have coping skills after so many years of the crap hand they were dealt.
Sony fanboys, on the other hand... they have NO concept of their preferred platform playing second fiddle and that just leads to the birth of ignorant hate-mongering from the likes of Monojoro, Tabris, the entire SDF, etc.

Just... let it go, fanboys. Things don't always get to go your way. Suck it up and deal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Terrell said:
Yeah, you got this one right on the nose, Chris.
I mean, Nintendo fanboys are always grasping at straws and being very pie-in-the-sky when it comes to Nintendo's own products, which many find very annoying, but at least when things don't go their way, a lot of them (note: not all of them) have coping skills after so many years of the crap hand they were dealt.
Sony fanboys, on the other hand... they have NO concept of their preferred platform playing second fiddle and that just least to the birth of ignorant hate-mongering from the likes of Monojoro, Tabris, the entire SDF, etc.

Just... let it go, fanboys. Things don't always get to go your way. Suck it up and deal.

I think all of this arguing and conserntation IS there way of dealing with things.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
If FFXII US doesn't sell more than 500,000 copies... dear god... the industry is done :(

Ah, how I love that special brand of hyperbole you bring to the table Ami.

Anyways, what about Zelda?

AniHawk

Shard said:

TP will be the best game of all-time. There's no need to worry about TP.

Terrell

Shard said:
I think all of this arguing and conserntation IS there way of dealing with things.
Yeah, well, they've been pissing and moaning for the past... what, YEAR? It's time to just give up the ghost.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
If FFXII US doesn't sell more than 500,000 copies... dear god... the industry is done :(

The only thing hurting FFXII sales will be other awesome games like Gears of War and Wii Sports.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
AniHawk said:
TP will be the best game of all-time. There's no need to worry about TP.

I supsect that will be true but Ami says all the hopes and dreams of true videogamedom are pinned to FF XII selling half a mil.

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:

That's no hyperbole. That's the last proof that their are no discerning consumers left.

And yeah, Zelda:TP is another one... but I don't fear for it, it's a Nintendo game and if there's one thing Nintendo fans know how to do it's buy games that are Nintendo brand. But at least it helps good titles as well as bad.

AniHawk

Shard said:
I supsect that will be true but Ami says all the hopes and dreams of true videogamedom are pinned to FF XII selling half a mil.

Why are we bringing interactive movies into videogames?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
That's no hyperbole. That's the last proof that their are no discerning consumers left.

And yeah, Zelda:TP is another one... but I don't fear for it, it's a Nintendo game and if there's one thing Nintendo fans know how to do it's buy games that are Nintendo brand. But at least it helps good titles as well as bad.

So why the fear over Final Fantasy? If there is a big selling brand name RPG in west, it is FInal Fantasy.

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
So why the fear over Final Fantasy? If there is a big selling brand name RPG in west, it is FInal Fantasy.

I fear for some reason that it'll get lost in the holiday rush, and that some of the more hardcore RPG fanatics might reject it because of its new battle system

Anihawk said:
Pikmin 2. :(

Fepor. :( :(

Pikmin 2 did alright, i mean... it would have sold a lot less if it was from any other company especially since Pikmin 1 was a disappointment.

FEPOR is a sad thing indeed...

Terrell

Amir0x said:

Hmmm, and here I was sure you were gonna spout of something like "if the Wii version of TP with its gimmicky crap outsells the GCN version, I'll eat my own fist in ANGER! Gamers hate games!! RRAAAAWWWWRRRRR!!!" :lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
I fear for some reason that it'll get lost in the holiday rush, and that some of the more hardcore RPG fanatics might reject it because of its new battle system

Pikmin 2 did alright, i mean... it would have sold a lot less if it was from any other company especially since Pikmin 1 was a disappointment.

FEPOR is a sad thing indeed...

What else will be out during that time to bury Final Fantasy XII?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Terrell said:
Hmmm, and here I was sure you were gonna spout of something like "if the Wii version of TP with its gimmicky crap outsells the GCN version, I'll eat my own fist in ANGER! Gamers hate games!! RRAAAAWWWWRRRRR!!!" :lol

I like you.

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
What else will be out during that time to bury Final Fantasy XII?

Who knows! I don't have any faith in consumers.

Terrell said:
Hmmm, and here I was sure you were gonna spout of something like "if the Wii version of TP with its gimmicky crap outsells the GCN version, I'll eat my own fist in ANGER! Gamers hate games!! RRAAAAWWWWRRRRR!!!"

I don't have to fellate Nintendo to distinguish the gimmicky games from the legitimately quality ones! I leave that to you.

Amir0x said:
if there's one thing Nintendo fans know how to do it's buy games that are Nintendo brand.
There is a reason for this. At worst, most Nintendo produced games are good but flawed. There are a few examples of bad games by Nintendo every generation, but for the most part the worst they put out is the occasional Star Fox Assault or Yoshi Topsy Turvy.

On the other hand look at Eidos. They didn't manage to whore out Lara Croft as badly as Nintendo has done Mario, but all but one or two of her games sucked.

AniHawk

bmf said:
There is a reason for this. At worst, most Nintendo produced games are good but flawed. There are a few examples of bad games by Nintendo every generation, but for the most part the worst they put out is the occasional Star Fox Assault or Yoshi Topsy Turvy.

On the other hand look at Eidos. They didn't manage to whore out Lara Croft as badly as Nintendo has done Mario, but all but one or two of her games sucked.

Star Fox = Namco
Yoshi = Artoon

Amir0x

Banned
bmf said:

Hey I agree! But lately, I dunno about Nintendo quality. I am starting to waver. Zelda:TP will probably bring me back though I'm sure.

Terrell: Nobody is going to buy PS3.

Top Bottom