• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 3, 2012 (Jan 16 - Jan 22)

Kenka

The real questions behind those musings and anecdotes is wherever or not the major third-party titles can crack the 500k bar. I would assume it is madness to think RE:R can leg his way to there but I expect KH:3D to reach it before it is all said and done.

Nintendo's 1st party offerings will also be tested. After all, their two important titles haven't level offed yet, and may do so at around 25k-18k only. Brain Training did that at 30k, NSMB at 50k. It is not all rosy for the BigN either.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The real questions behind those musings and anecdotes is wherever or not the major third-party titles can crack the 500k bar. I would assume it is madness to think RE:R can leg his way to there but I expect KH:3D to reach it before it is all said and done.

Nintendo's 1st party offerings will also be tested. After all, their two important titles haven't level offed yet, and may do so at around 25k-18k only. Brain Training did that at 30k, NSMB at 50k. It is not all rosy for the BigN either.

?!?

@walking: duckroll doens't hate Comgnet; just how I was using it. Pretty simple :p

?!?

@walking: duckroll doens't hate Comgnet; just how I was using it. Pretty simple :p

well, he is obsessed with it at least :lol

The real question is, would those titles crack 500K bar on other platforms?

How much did RE:CVX sell?

Mpl90

well, he is obsessed with it at least :lol

The real question is, would those titles crack 500K bar on other platforms?

How much did RE:CVX sell?

...Eh? Look, we've been talking about it all together about how to use them in an useful way. To improve these threads. Does it really look like he hates them? :)

About RE: Code Veronica. Both the original and the X

[PS2] Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Capcom) - 184.475 / 337.755 / 54,62% 22/03/01
[SDC] Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Capcom) - 306.778 / 403.962 / 75,94% 03/02/00

...Eh? Look, we've been talking about it all together about how to use them in an useful way. To improve these threads. Does it really look like he hates them? :)

About RE: Code Veronica. Both the original and the X

[PS2] Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Capcom) - 184.475 / 337.755 / 54,62% 22/03/01
[SDC] Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Capcom) - 306.778 / 403.962 / 75,94% 03/02/00
(I am actually with him regarding how to use it, but how actively he pursues it reminds me of his complains with L5 :D)

I guess, considering that CVX was also an spin-off; RE:R is not going to sell as much as they could hope for.

We made this debate some weeks ago.
Btw, I think it's a safe bet to say that KH3D will do over 500k; 358/2 Days did, and it wasn't even a mainline game. Other third parties titles over 500k? Hard to say, imo. PLvsAA should do it, maybe IE Go if it has very good legs.

king zell

top 10

01. [PS3] Armored Core V
02. [3DS] Resident Evil: Revelations
03. [PSV] Tales of Innocence R
04. [3DS] Monster Hunter Tri G
05. [3DS] Mario Kart 7
06. [360] Armored Core V
07. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land
08. [PS3] The IdolM@ster: Gravure For You! Vol. 4
09. [3DS] Rhythm Thief & The Emperor’s Treasure
10. [3DS] Inazuma Eleven GO

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/01009317.html

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu Sales: Week 5, 2012 (Jan 23 - Jan 29)

01./00. [PS3] Armored Core V <ACT> (From Software) {2012.01.26} (¥7.800)
02./00. [3DS] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2012.01.26} (¥5.990)
03./00. [PSV] Tales of Innocence R <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.26} (¥5.980)
04./02. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800)
05./01. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
06./00. [360] Armored Core V <ACT> (From Software) {2012.01.26} (¥7.800)
07./04. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800)
08./00. [PS3] The Idolmaster: Gravure For You! Vol. 4 <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.26} (¥9.980)
09./03. [3DS] Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure <ACT> (Sega) {2012.01.19} (¥6.090)
10./08. [3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine / Dark <RPG> (Level 5) {2011.12.15} (¥5.800)

Mpl90

Wow at Armored Core V! 180k, maybe? Hoping RE is at 170-180k as well. Good to see Rhythm Thief still in top 10.

wrowa

Either this is a very slow week outside the top two, or Innocence sold miles better than anyone expected.

Monster Hunter sold 31k last week, and there is no reason to expect that it better this week. So this only means that ToI sold more than 30k copies.

mclem

Wondering if ToI will sell systems, too, with a clear upspike in PSV sales. I wasn't expecting it to, but it's certainly a possibility.

Are we expecting it to be frontloaded? On the one hand, it's a JRPG, and they generally are - on the other, though, it's on a system which isn't that widespread yet, so some people may put off the purchase until they can get the system too. I'm not sure how things generally pan out at this stage of a system's lifestyle.

Kenka

Wow at Armored Core V! 180k, maybe? Hoping RE is at 170-180k as well. Good to see Rhythm Thief still in top 10.
180k would be unprecedented in the franchise's recent history.
Heaven, even 100k would have been a steep increase.

ACV's gain of popularity is News of this First Quarter so far.

Wondering if ToI will sell systems, too, with a clear upspike in PSV sales. I wasn't expecting it to, but it's certainly a possibility.

Are we expecting it to be frontloaded? On the one hand, it's a JRPG, and they generally are - on the other, though, it's on a system which isn't that widespread yet, so some people may put off the purchase until they can get the system too. I'm not sure how things generally pan out at this stage of a system's lifestyle.

How did the tales game perform on the 3DS in terms of legs? That might give us an idea of what to expect (i know they are very different platforms).

duckroll

Either this is a very slow week outside the top two, or Innocence sold miles better than anyone expected.

There's going to be a huge gap between #3 and #2 either way. It doesn't have to be a "slow" week at all, since Monster Hunter 3G at #4 pretty much confirmeds that #4 and below are <50k anyway.

Edit: I like how my prediction for Gundam was the lowest out of everyone who predicted, and it still managed to sell significantly worse than I predicted. Lol.

budpikmin

Am I right in thinking Rhythm Thief had an eShop demo in Japan?
If so maybe Konami should consider doing the same for Beyond the Labyrinth

Inazuma Eleven still alive!

It should have sold through its first shipment by the end of February, and then we'll have to see how it goes from there. We never got any reports of massive price drops or bomba bins so I'd think retailers will order more copies beyond the initial 400k.

Mpl90

...And the Rhythm Thief demo is probably helping the game, at this point.

P.S This is the third consecutive week of 6 positions of top 10 occupied by 3DS games, due to the continuous flow of releases...

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Anything bellow MH3 should be <30k.

I really don't have any idea how the top 3 sold, but let's see how my 200k LTD prediction for RE:R holds (many said that my prediction was ridiculous).

Sadist

Good for Revelations. And damn, the third game in the top 10 only sold 18k? Yikes.

Edit: Nintendogs + Cats still in the top 20. Hmm

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Good for Revelations. And damn, the third game in the top 10 only sold 18k? Yikes.

Edit: Nintendogs + Cats still in the top 20. Hmm

ToIr sold 53k.

Top Bottom