• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 8/27 - 9/2 2007

CTLance

tanod said:
Tip: Run now while you still have your legs! :lol
l_b1baad815541cdccb1d491306f4064ab.gif

doicare said:
One game doesnt make the difference. It takes a large group of games to push up hardware install base. Mario Party 4 will sell around 900,000~ in life time sales. That's 90%~ of the last version of the games total sales. As each big franchise gets released more people jump onto the console and in turn that will increase the sales of not only that game but all the sales of the up coming big games. In 2 years time when Mario Party 5 gets released do you think it will sell more or less than Mario Party 4 will have?

Let's make comparisons!

Also, Mario Party 5 sold significantly less than Mario Party 4, which sold less than Mario Party 3

doicare

Great Rumbler said:
Let's make comparisons!

Also, Mario Party 5 sold significantly less than Mario Party 4, which sold less than Mario Party 3

Your 'edit' of my post makes no sense, and the mario party series was released far too regularly with little in the way of changes that it became stale and began to sell less on the gamecube.

doicare said:
Your 'edit' of my post makes a lot of sense, the Minna no Golf series is released far too regularly with little in the way of changes that it will become stale and begin to sell less on the PS3.

Hmm...

donny2112

felipeko said:
Let's not forget DS is having low numbers lately too..

:lol

"low"

:lol

fernoca said:
Finally, some diversity in this charts..
I was just tired of DS,DS, Wii, DS,DS,DS, Wii... :p

It's been like that for a number of weeks now. The Famitsu top 10 seems to have had a really good mixture lately, but then like 11-18 are all DS games. :lol

Jibber Hack said:
It baffles me that Pokemon Pearl is off the list and Diamond is about to go with it, yet Animal Crossing has not fallen off.

It might have something to do with the fact that Media-Create doesn't combine the two Pokemon games, and they've sold, together, about 1 million more copies than Animal Crossing.

A Black Falcon said:
though I have no idea how well the two GBA games released here sold.

GBA Summon Night Craft Sword Monogatari: Hajimari no Ishi 53,690

as of the end of 2006.

So far, I like the influx of junior members to this Media-Create thread. That makes me look forward to September 13th's August NPD thread all the more. :)

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
donny2112 said:
So far, I like the influx of junior members to this Media-Create thread. That makes me look forward to September 13th's August NPD thread all the more. :)

I always look forward to the inevitable NPD monthly delay :p

RBH

donny2112 said:

Just wondering, what is the tracking period for the August NPD?

Datschge

We Love Golf (Capcom/Camelot) will be the new Minna no Golf (Sony/Camelot).
Believe! If they succeed it took Camelot only a little more than 10 years to get back where Masashi Muramori/Clap Hanz left them.

Sharp

spwolf said:
did anyone mention my name?
Searching for yourself again?

Anyway, I think it's been four weeks since I asked you stay, though I'm not sure, and you're still here. Congratulations! I don't see you much in the PAL threads anymore, though, which makes me sad.

donny2112

Media-Create hasn't updated, yet. Who will get it first this week? Frillen or Cheesemeister? I think Frillen has posted it first the last two weeks. :lol

Frillen

donny2112 said:
Media-Create hasn't updated, yet. Who will get it first this week? Frillen or Cheesemeister? I think Frillen has posted it first the last two weeks. :lol

Neh, I'm off to bed now, so someone else can take the glory ;)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Geez what's with the Cheese hate?

The last thing I want is to have a racing clusterfuck of an MC thread each and every week. You know.. the ones that race to create the MC thread of the week and it has zero information in it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
speedpop said:

The last thing I want is to have a racing clusterfuck of an MC thread each and every week. You know.. the ones that race to create the MC thread of the week and it has zero information in it.

If my memory is correct, CoolTrick for some reason despises Cheese posting the official thread every week.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
speedpop said:

I don't get it either. Cheese does a great job each week.

CTLance

schuelma said:
If my memory is correct, CoolTrick for some reason despises Cheese posting the official thread every week.
IIRC this is correct.
Don't get it either, Cheesemeister is doing a great job and is very speedy with his updates 99.99% of the time. The provided links are great for whenever I don't recognize a game name or if I'm just wasting time. The cover pics are a bit over the top IMHO, but honestly, who cares.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
schuelma said:
Ah I see it in his thread creation past. Man the fuck up CoolTrick, stop being such a gloom-and-doom nancy.

31./31. [NDS] English Training (Nintendo)
32./23. [PS2] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 14 (Konami)
33./27. [NDS] Face Training DS (Nintendo)
34./21. [PS2] Final Fantasy XII: International Edition (Square-Enix)
35./41. [WII] Endless Ocean (Nintendo)
36./35. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (Capcom)
37./34. [NDS] Pokémon Pearl (Pokémon)
38./30. [WII] Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Square-Enix)
39./32. [NDS] Naruto Shippuuden: Strongest Ninjas Unite 5: Decisive Battle at Dawn (Takara-Tomy)
40./22. [NDS] It's a Wonderful World (Square-Enix)
41./28. [NDS] Otoda Master (Hudson)
42./33. [PSP] Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (Capcom)
43./36. [NDS] Common Knowledge Training (Nintendo)
44./37. [NDS] Yoshi's Island DS (Nintendo)
45./00. [PS2] Simple 2000 Series, Vol. 120: THE Last Japanese Warrior (D3 Publisher)
46./00. [NDS] TOEIC Test Training DS (IE Institute)
47./00. [NDS] Mamegoma: Heartwarming Diary (TDK Core)
48./40. [WII] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Wii (Konami)
49./14. [NDS] Hayate the Combat Butler: I am Romeo, and Romeo is I (Konami)
50./44. [NDS] Mushi King Super Collection (Sega)

NDS - 30
PS2 - 8
WII - 6
PSP - 3
PS3 - 2
360 - 1

hardware.gif

Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. NDS   -    94,339 |   100,460 | 5,189,516 | 19,195,195
2. WII   -    39,371 |    46,283 | 2,590,150 |  3,509,793
3. PSP   -    22,196 |    26,089 | 1,369,666 |  5,901,795
4. PS3   -    18,068 |    16,393 |   661,922 |  1,119,480
5. PS2   -    14,280 |    15,139 |   546,074 | 20,700,933
6. 360   -     1,635 |     2,044 |   141,358 |    406,060
7. GBA   -       474 |       651 |    45,770 | 15,343,849
8. NGC   -        73 |       116 |     9,465 |  4,178,933
GBA = 16 GBA + 195 SP + 263 Micro
NDS = 0 DS + 94,339 Lite

s_20070827.png

donny2112

schuelma said:

He believes that the links and pictures are unnecessary to the thread and should be removed. Just the game names and sales is all he wants in the thread.

Edit:
DS drops, but it still isn't as low as the last week of March.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wow, lowest Wii week ever correct?

And Japanese GAFers are reporting that Wii's are now available...hmmm..

Top Bottom