• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 8/27 - 9/2 2007

donny2112

JPNConsoles-13.png

bc226

Guess that confirms the big N is under shipping to help the US sales for Metroid lets see if they get back to normal in a few weeks.

donny2112

bc226 said:
Guess that confirms the big N is under shipping to help the US sales for Metroid lets see if they get back to normal in a few weeks.

No. It shows a slacking of demand in Japan. On the ground reports in Japan are saying that the Wii is easy to find now.

AniHawk

bc226 said:

No, it confirms that Japanese people are done buying gimmicky bullshit. Even the DS is down, and the DS isn't being moved to the US.

lupin23rd

With all the spin going around these days, I'm surprised we have seen Sony spin Japanese sales as "PS3 is outselling the 360 10-to-1 in Japan" yet.

AniHawk said:
No, it confirms that Japanese people are done buying gimmicky bullshit. Even the DS is down, and the DS isn't being moved to the US.

yeah, I think the PS3 is really gonna catch fire.

it'll probably catch up to the wii by the end of the year.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
donny2112 said:
No. It shows a slacking of demand in Japan. On the ground reports in Japan are saying that the Wii is easy to find now.

Still seems rather bizarre that it would drop so quickly- three weeks ago it was still going 63K-65K...now its down to 40K. Is this normal?

AniHawk

citrus lump said:
yeah, I think the PS3 is really gonna catch fire.

it'll probably catch up to the wii by the end of the year.

Agreed. Especially with games like Heavenly Sword and Uncharted.

I'm honestly very surprised at these numbers. I thought the wii was going to absolutely take over the home console market like the DS did with the portable one, but it actually seems kind of feasible for PS3 to start selling on par in a few weeks if it gets the right software.

AniHawk

Logan Cano said:
I'm honestly very surprised at these numbers. I thought the wii was going to absolutely take over the home console market like the DS did with the portable one, but it actually seems kind of feasible for PS3 to start selling on par in a few weeks if it gets the right software.

Especially with games like Heavenly Sword and Uncharted.

schuelma

Logan Cano said:

I wouldn't go that far.

Izzy

Banned
A couple of weeks ago a couple of posters said WII's LTD would would catch up with PSP's LTD by the end of October. Good luck with that.

Logan Cano said:

streams.jpg

Izzy said:
A couple of weeks ago a couple of posters said WII's LTD would would catch up with PSP's LTD by the end of October. Good luck with that.
Obviously, those statistical extrapolations were not marked clearly enough.

Anyway, if I were Nintendo, I'd be carefully planning where my next Wii Sports/Wii Play is coming from.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The hell @ Wii? :|

I think it's just having an off two weeks. It'll probably bounce back up.

Is supply really that abundant that we can't chalk this up to constraints?

AniHawk

Izzy said:

Wow. That would've meant the thing would have to sell around 250k a week or so since the beginning of August (through the end of October). What a stupid prediction.

schuelma

AlphaSnake said:
The hell @ Wii? :|

Is supply really that abundant that we can't chalk this up to constraints?

I feel like there still has to be some sort of supply issues for it to drop over 20K in the last 2-3 weeks..just seems like a very steep drop off after months of consistent sellouts.

Logan Cano said:

Joke post, right?

Of course, Wii could be found this week in Japan, because last week it was undershipped due to moved units to the US. Now it´s back to normal. Wait for next week.

Wah, it sure didnt sdf take long to get active.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
schuelma said:
I feel like there still has to be some sort of supply issues for it to drop over 20K in the last 2-3 weeks..just seems like a very steep drop off after months of consistent sellouts.

What are the reports from Japan?

spwolf

Segata Sanshiro said:
See, *now* we need spwolf in here.

yeah, i see it is racing to those 20 millions... good call segata, good call.

Pachter should ask you for advice, and you guys would get along well as you both use the same source. :lol

Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. NDS   -    94,339 |   100,460 | 5,189,516 | 19,195,195
2. WII   -    [B]39,371 |    46,283 |[/B] 2,590,150 |  3,509,793
3. PSP   -    22,196 |    26,089 | 1,369,666 |  5,901,795
4. PS3   -    [B]18,068 |    16,393 |[/B]   661,922 |  1,119,480
5. PS2   -    14,280 |    15,139 |   546,074 | 20,700,933
6. 360   -     1,635 |     2,044 |   141,358 |    406,060
7. GBA   -       474 |       651 |    45,770 | 15,343,849
8. NGC   -        73 |       116 |     9,465 |  4,178,933

UH OH

spwolf said:
yeah, i see it is racing to those 20 millions... good call segata, good call.

Pachter should ask you for advice, and you guys would get along well as you both use the same source. :lol
I'm sorry, I've already forgotten any prior discussion we've had. I see you like Mr. Homer Simpson? Quite a terrible piece of film he was in this summer, yes?

Lucky

These are on the ground reports in some towns, but have we heard anything about supply in major cities? I'm just not ready to give up.

mj1108

MasterMFauli said:
Of course, Wii could be found this week in Japan, because last week it was undershipped due to moved units to the US. Now it´s back to normal. Wait for next week.

No matter how many times you say that in this thread the "olympic kids" will just ignore it. They will just stick their fingers in their ears, yell "wah wah wah I can't hear you" until the next post comes along....then pretend like yours didn't exist.

mj1108 said:
No matter how many times you say that in this thread the "olympic kids" will just ignore it. They will just stick their fingers in their ears, yell "wah wah wah I can't hear you" until the next post comes along....then pretend like yours didn't exist.

Man, I wish I had one of those "INTERNET: Serious business" gifs right now.

spwolf

Hcoregamer00 said:
What are the reports from Japan?

who cares? for some, it will always be out of stock... thankfully Japanese people dont like Amazon.co.jp too much or they could have gotten in there! Maybe amazon will ship some back to retailers so sales can go up next week... :lol

botticus

MasterMFauli said:
I suppose that's a good point, since I don't think anyone has said last week they were easy to find (relative to the last few weeks).

Next week will tell the story better.

donny2112

botticus said:
I suppose that's a good point, since I don't think anyone has said last week they were easy to find (relative to the last few weeks).

Vinnk's report noted that there were actual Wiis available to buy last week in his town.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
spwolf said:
who cares? for some, it will always be out of stock... thankfully Japanese people dont like Amazon.co.jp too much or they could have gotten in there! Maybe amazon will ship some back to retailers so sales can go up next week... :lol

It matters quite a bit, if they really are diverting to the USA for Metroid Prime 3, then that explains the drop in sales. If there are plentiful supply, that means that there is a drop in demand.

Simple really.

schuelma

MasterMFauli said:
Joke post, right?

Wah, it sure didnt sdf take long to get active.

My impressions from the on the ground reports were that they had been available for a few weeks. Guess we'll see. I have to believe you're somewhat correct. That's really an inexplicable drop.

Well, I certainly hope this means Wii Sports and Wii Play alone can't sustain this unparalleled demand forever in Japan. Thankfully third party support in Japan has just picked for Nintendo so hopefully it'll sell briskly on the backs of great core games in the future.

Top Bottom