• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 27, 2013 (Jul 01 - Jul 07)

Road

Any new sources for Famitsu leaks? I remember the popular one before gave up a couple of months ago. Does Famitsu now leak out on Wednesday mornings (EST)?

I don't think we've gotten any Famitsu leak in a couple of years.

You might want to check what year we're in. =P

Road

Latest from the DSG - Delusional Sales Goals: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201307/16036479.html

Yosuke Saitou said:
齊藤 1 作目のファミコン版『ドラゴンクエスト』は、出荷本数が150万本だったんですね。しかも発売後すぐにヒットしたわけではなく、ジワジワと売れていき、最終的にはRPGというジャンルを国内に浸透させたわけです。『DQX』でも、1作目のような広がりかたを目標にしたいと思っています。さきほど言ったように『DQX』では、MMOというジャンルを本当にメジャーにするという目標を立てているのですが、150万本がひとつの基準になるのではないかと考えています。

Need someone who actually knows Japanese, but he thinks DQX can grow slowly such as the first DQ game, and sell 1.5 million copies or something.

I don't think we've gotten any Famitsu leak in a couple of years.

You might want to check what year we're in. =P

We were getting leaks on Tuesday nights EST (aka right about now) up until a couple of months ago when I suppose the source then got spooked.

Nowadays it I guess gets posted in proper on Famitsu's website on Wednesday mornings EST, which is weird since they'd be posted more commonly on Thursdays or Fridays.

Road

We were getting leaks on Tuesday nights EST (aka right about now) up until a couple of months ago when I suppose the source then got spooked.

Nowadays it I guess gets posted in proper on Famitsu's website on Wednesday mornings EST, which is weird since they'd be posted more commonly on Thursdays or Fridays.

Oh, you're talking about the magazine. I obviously assumed you were talking, you know, about Famitsu sales. =P

Last week the magazine leaked Monday, I think. It's just whenever someone gets it. It normally goes on sale Thursday on Japan, so no longer than Wednesday night in the West.

SS

ßig

Unconfirmed Member

Those were the previous week's sales. Famitsu used to be days behind.

SS

ßig

Unconfirmed Member
As above, I mean the MAGAZINE!!! XD

Your "until a couple months ago" is making me think you're ignoring the fact that the shiny new site of earlier updates is now the preferred method of obtaining Famitsu sales data, and not the magazine containing sales data Media Create has already released to the public days ago.
For the record I don't really know how recent printed Famitsu's sales data is, but it has never been the source of sales data in the past few years. Media Create always starts these threads.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
ßig;70963586 said:
Your "until a couple months ago" is making me think you're ignoring the fact that the shiny new site of earlier updates is now the preferred method of obtaining Famitsu sales data, and not the magazine containing sales data Media Create has already released to the public days ago.
For the record I don't really know how recent printed Famitsu's sales data is, but it has never been the source of sales data in the past few years. Media Create always starts these threads.
He's not talking about sales, at all.

Fake edit: Except I guess in the context of what we can speculate the newly announced titles from the magazine will sell.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
God Eater release date announced- 11/14.

Should do some nice business given the Toukiden sales.

God Eater release date announced- 11/14.

Should do some nice business given the Toukiden sales.
Vita bundle too.

http://gematsu.com/2013/07/god-eater-2-japanese-release-date-set

Latest from the DSG - Delusional Sales Goals: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201307/16036479.html

Need someone who actually knows Japanese, but he thinks DQX can grow slowly such as the first DQ game, and sell 1.5 million copies or something.
Objection!

Right now it's sitting at 850k+ between Wii and Wii U, add maybe a Sony port, Wii U repackages and it could eventually reach 1.5 million.

Wii U would need to step its game up though, there's still demand for DQX (Dengeki: #49, 1,094) and tomorrow we will see another bump.

DaBoss

Would the PC version of DQX hit retail at all? Not that it matters since it doesn't seem MC or Famitsu shares the data.

Also, the NSLU, White Premium, and Pikmin 3 sales are for 2 days, not 1.

I thought Nintendo Land wasn't available as a pack-in in Japan.
I don't recall; but I was talking about the best selling games globally anyway, and it was packed in in other territories. Should have been more clear, since this is a MC thread.
It's Nintendo, so, basically nothing, Kamiya already realized that.

And Yakuza will definitely bomb hard and Sega will use this to justify Yakuza 6 exclusivity on Playstation.
That makes it sound like it's some elaborate way of avoiding the Wii U with Yakuza.

Sega was pretty transparent that it's being done to gauge what kind of audience there is for Yakuza on the platform. They presumably have low expectations, which will probably still fail to be met since there likely isn't a meaningful audience on the platform for Yakuza.

They don't need to justify making Yakuza exclusive to PlayStation, anyway.

In the interview they ask if one of the reasons for the PC version was to spread the game overseas, and Miyake says "Of course it is." Sounds like the servers will definitely be separate when it does hit.

crinale

I don't think Wii U can go above 30k next week.

Also along with God Eater 2 release date, Samurai Warriors 2 with Xtreme Legends & Empires HD Version was announced for PS3/Vita. It is to be released on October 24.
http://gematsu.com/2013/07/samurai-...d-version-announced-for-playstation-3-ps-vita

How is the Samurai Warriors series in Japan? Although being a HD remake, i hardly expect it to sell any significant copies in Japan.

Well 2 was received better than 3, so people may double-dip.
Plus DL version are quite cheap (compared to Japanese standard).

L Thammy

I don't recall; but I was talking about the best selling games globally anyway, and it was packed in in other territories. Should have been more clear, since this is a MC thread.

But if "globally" includes Japan and both NL and NSBU have both sold over 300K there (pack-ins being unavailable), then we know for a fact that two Wii U games have sold over 300K units.
Sorry if this comes across as bullying; I'm just trying to clear things up.

How is the Samurai Warriors series in Japan? Although being a HD remake, i hardly expect it to sell any significant copies in Japan.

Musou as a whole has declined a lot since the PS2. The anime tie-ins are the ones that draw people back in, it seems.
I think Sengoku Basara 3 did a bit better than any of the Samurai Warriors 3 games.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't think Wii U can go above 30k next week.

Also along with God Eater 2 release date, Samurai Warriors 2 with Xtreme Legends & Empires HD Version was announced for PS3/Vita. It is to be released on October 24.
http://gematsu.com/2013/07/samurai-...d-version-announced-for-playstation-3-ps-vita

Yeah but now its got Atelier characters!

Why Sterk though? Shoulda been Rorona.

edit: whoops I got my games mixed up. Musou expert I am not -.-

But if "globally" includes Japan and both NL and NSBU have both sold over 300K there (pack-ins being unavailable), then we know for a fact that two Wii U games have sold over 300K units.
Sorry if this comes across as bullying; I'm just trying to clear things up.
Well, to clarify, when talking about best selling games at retail WW on the Wii for instance, I would tend to ignore Wii Sports, even though it wasn't a standard pack-in in Japan. We all know it's by far the game in the most houses on the Wii though. Likewise, Nintendo Land is likely in more houses than NSMB, based on the abysmal failure of the Basic set in the West. Was just looking at the games that didn't have an "unfair" advantage.

extralite

Speaking of unreliable sales sources, Youkai Watch isn't on the eShop top twenty. All notable recent releases (including Donkey Kong, Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami, Luigi etc etc) have charted in the first week and there has been somewhat of a parallel with retail rankings.

Not on the recent charts, no. I'm guessing the recent charts cover a month or so. Nintendo started their own real weekly charts a few weeks ago though. There YW charts at 14, two places ahead of Tomodachi Collection. So it sold slightly better than TC in that week.

3DS Download Charts, 7/8 to 7/14:

Code:
Weekly 	Last 	Recent 	All-time 	System Title 			Publisher 		Release date 	Price
1. 	1. 	1. 	5. 		3DS 	Denpa ningen no RPG 2 	GENIUS SONORITY 	2012/09/26 	¥500
2. 	2. 	2. 			3DS 	Touch Battle Sensha 3D-2 	Silver Star 	2013/06/05 	¥500
3. 	3. 	3. 			3DS 	Jissha de Chibirobo! 	Nintendo 	2013/07/03 	¥1500
4. 	6. 	5. 	2. 		3DS 	Pokemon AR Searcher 	The Pokemon Company 	2012/06/23 	¥300
5. 	5. 	4. 	4. 		3DS 	Denpa ningen no RPG 	GENIUS SONORITY 	2012/02/08 	¥400
6. 	- 	13. 			VC 	Downtown Special Kunio-kun no jidaigeki da yo. Zen’in shūgō! 	Arc System Works 	2013/07/10 	¥500
7. 	4. 	6. 			3DS 	Gunman Story 	Flyhigh Works 	2013/05/22 	¥200
8. 	9. 	8. 	11. 		VC 	Super Mario Bros. 3 	Nintendo 	2013/01/01 	¥500
9. 	- 	16. 			3DS 	Korg M01D MUSIC WORKSTATION 	DETUNE 	2013/07/10 	¥3000
10. 	8. 	9. 	10. 		3DS 	Puyopuyo!! Mini version 	Sega 	2012/11/07 	¥300
11. 	10. 	7. 	8. 		DSiWare 	10 byōsō 	G-mode 	2010/04/28 	¥200
12. 	11. 	10. 	7. 		3DS 	Chari-sō DX 	Spicysoft 	2012/12/26 	¥600
13. 	7. 	11. 			3DS 	Gekiyaba Runner 	Flyhigh Works 	2013/06/26 	¥300
14. 	- 				3DS 	Yōkai Watch 	Level 5 	2013/07/11 	¥4800
15. 	12. 	12. 	17. 		3DS 	Hitsuji no Shaun 3D Dai-1-kan 	Nintendo 	2013/02/21 	¥100
16. 	13. 	14. 	14. 		3DS 	Tomodachi Collection Shinseikatsu 	Nintendo 	2013/04/18 	¥4800
17. 	15. 	15. 			3DS 	@SIMPLE DL Series Vol. 13 THE… 	D3 PUBLISHER 	2013/06/12 	¥600
18. 	19. 	19. 			3DS 	Ōmori! Ikimono-zukuri Creatoy 	Nintendo 	2013/04/10 	¥1200
19. 	17. 	18. 			3DS 	art of balance TOUCH! 	Arc System Works 	2013/04/24 	¥500
20. 	18. 	20. 	3. 		VC 	Super Mario Bros. 	Nintendo 	2012/01/05 	¥500
21. 	16. 				3DS 	Picross e3 	Nintendo 	2013/06/12 	¥500
22. 	- 				3DS 	ZOMGERI BOWLING 	G-STYLE 	2013/07/10 	¥700
23. 	20. 				3DS 	GUILD SERIES Mushikera sensha 	Level 5 	2013/03/19 	¥800
24. 	- 				VC 	Esper Dream 	Konami 	2013/07/10 	¥500
25. 	14. 	17. 			3DS 	Hitsuji no Shaun 3D Dai-5-kan 	Nintendo 	2013/06/26 	¥200

BriBri

It's on the eShop, first item on the lower row. No idea if they have it online as well.
Thanks. Just noticed it now. It goes by Ranking. I just assumed in the past it was similar to the top rated or recommended part of the UK eShop which I automatically ignore! A great help though so thanks again!

extralite

Thanks. Just noticed it now. It goes by Ranking. I just assumed in the past it was similar to the top rated or recommended part of the UK eShop which I automatically ignore! A great help though so thanks again!

I missed the first week but if you want to check the two weeks before this one as well, I collect them on my site.

http://complete.electrolit.net/2013/07/10/japanese-3ds-eshop-top-25-71-to-77/

http://complete.electrolit.net/2013/07/03/japanese-3ds-eshop-top-25-624-to-630/

Notably, New Etrian's Odyssey charted at 2 in its week of release, then fell off to 23 before disappearing this week.

Edit:
I just perused their site but can't locate it.

So the eShop is viewable online? I thought you had to have the 3DS hardware to see it.

BriBri

I missed the first week but if you want to check the two weeks before this one as well, I collect them on my site.

http://complete.electrolit.net/2013/07/10/japanese-3ds-eshop-top-25-71-to-77/

http://complete.electrolit.net/2013/07/03/japanese-3ds-eshop-top-25-624-to-630/

Notably, New Etrian's Odyssey charted at 2 in its week of release, then fell off to 23 before disappearing this week.

Edit:

So the eShop is viewable online? I thought you had to have the 3DS hardware to see it.
Thanks. Great site btw. Hadn't seen it before.

And I meant I looked at Nintendo.co.jp and then looked at the eShop on my 3DS. I didn't look at the eShop online!

Really excited for this week. I'll be getting Pikmin 3 in a few weeks but Youkai Watch is SO ace. Hope it has legs.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What are the upcoming Vita games from now till the end of the year?

What are the upcoming Vita games from now till the end of the year?

Code:
07/25: Dragon's Crown
       NextRev: Care Manager Eiken
       XBLAZE Code: Embryo
08/01: Mind = Zero
08/08: Grisaia no Kajitsu: Le Fruit de la Grisaia
08/22: Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu
       Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice
08/29: Hotchkiss
       Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
09/05: Killzone
09/19: Yahari Game Demo Ore no Seishun Love-Kome Hamachi Gatteiru.
09/26: Chronos Materia
       Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki
       Koshoku Meikyuu Rondo: La Role de Fortune
       Rui wa Tomo o Yobu
       San Goku Shi 12 with Power-Up Kit
10/10: Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou!
10/17: Exstetra
10/31: Chou Tsugitsugimono Game Neptune Re:Birth1

+ God Eater 2 11/14, a few others without dates like that jump game and ffx/x2

Durante

The list above reminded me that Mind Zero is a thing. What are the sales expectations for it (or, how much do people want a Persona-like game)?

vareon

i miss out on a lot of japanese announcements. what does the 3ds lineup look like, and same goes for ps3/ps4?

I don't remember much for 3DS, TBH. I'll use this chance to recollect.

Atlus only have Break Record left iirc. Level 5 has the usual Inazuma Eleven and multiple Little Battlers for some reason, Capcom has AA5 which is released shortly but also MH4 and Gaist Crusher after that. Bandai Namco has the One Piece games and that ROM collection which was just announced.

I actually expected some kind of announcement from Marvelous, who found success with the last Harvest Moon and Rune Factory. Square Enix even have nothing announced for 3DS.

B.O.O.M

09/19: Yahari Game Demo Ore no Seishun Love-Kome Hamachi Gatteiru.

I want this game...never gonna happen but I want this to be localized. Big fan of the anime

Less than 3 hours to go, fellow Sales-Age gaffers!

Can you feel the excitement?

That surge in adrenaline as the winners and losers are about to be proclaimed?

That reversal of fortunes? The Nintendo strikeback against its detractors and doomsayers?

Please be excited.

Into

Less than 3 hours to go, fellow Sales-Age gaffers!

Can you feel the excitement?

That surge in adrenaline as the winners and losers are about to be proclaimed?

That reversal of fortunes? The Nintendo strikeback against its detractors and doomsayers?

Please be excited.

I am very excited, expecting 20-30k, hoping its 40k +, but not bloody likely for that to happen.

On a unrelated note, isent NPD being posted today as well?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Soul Sacrifice seemingly boosted Vita to 63.581 in its week of release, so really, a family friendly big Nintendo IP should be pushing WiiU to that zone (although Vita did also have a price drop before).

I dunno what people are going to find impressive? Maybe 40k? 30k would be on the low end of not impressive and still hugely worrying.

Soul Sacrifice seemingly boosted Vita to 63.581 in its week of release, so really, a family friendly big Nintendo IP should be pushing WiiU to that zone (although Vita did also have a price drop before).

I dunno what people are going to find impressive? Maybe 40k? 30k would be on the low end of not impressive and still hugely worrying.

Its a home console though and they never seem to go as high as handhelds. Nevertheless my prediction is still:

Pikmin: 115k
WiiU: 45k

Top Bottom