• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 3, 2015 (Jan 12 - Jan 18)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I reckon it could happen during the summer if there isn't any big releases announced before then. Even better do you think we could get to a point where total hardware sales are lower than 50K?(including 3DS)

By Famitsu we got to 62K last year (I picked an arbitrary week and started checking around, it could have went lower): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=844085

To hit this scenario, we'd basically need the 3DS at 20K (which would be about 5K below last year), the Vita and PS4 to be approximately 10K each, and for the Wii U and PS3 to average 10K combined.

I don't think it's off the table, but it will likely be close regardless.

Darius

Banned
Really bad results all around with the exception of 3DS beeing the only system with a good performance. We are just three weeks in 2015 but seeing how the next best selling system, PSV suffers from a 25%-30% yoy decline and also a bigger yoy decline in actual units sold than any other system this year, isn´t really healthy. So far the second half of the year looks pretty empty outside the yearly rehashes, without a revision or a surprise hit for PSV we´ll likely see an even worse overall performance than last year.

I also agree with Chris when it comes to PS4, it will be really difficult to reach last years result, without a heavy hitter like Final Fantasy 15 or a great lineup by the end of the year.

Yay! I wonder if, considering also the good sales we saw in the NPD (and it's good positioning in some PAL market) we will see other similar "smaller projects" on Wii U.

I could well see the Captain Toad model becoming a recurring thing for Nintendo. Package up a collection of largely-reused assets, apply them to new styles of gameplay and sell it at a budget price for profit.

A Zelda spinoff might salve the inevitable losses that Zelda Wii U is going to bring in.

Really bad results all around with the exception of 3DS beeing the only system with a good performance. We are just three weeks in 2015 but seeing how the next best selling system, PSV suffers from a 25%-30% yoy decline and also a bigger yoy decline in actual units sold than any other system this year, isn´t really healthy. So far the second half of the year looks pretty empty outside the yearly rehashes, without a revision or a surprise hit for PSV we´ll likely see an even worse overall performance than last year.

I also agree with Chris when it comes to PS4, it will be really difficult to reach last years result, without a heavy hitter like Final Fantasy 15 or a great lineup by the end of the year.

Does PSV have any heavy-hitter in 2015?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I think the biggest announced Vita games are:
-God Eater 2: Rage Burst (multiplat)
-Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
-Sword Art Online: Lost Song
-SaGa
-One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (multiplat)

So... not really.

Am I forgetting anything?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't know if it's on the level of those five, but I think Persona 4: Dancing All Night has the potential to be notable, if nothing but because of its brand.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that exists.

On a similar note, it's probably about time for a new Miku for Vita, but I'm trying to stick to announced things.

small44

I don't know if it's on the level of those five, but I think Persona 4: Dancing All Night has the potential to be notable, if nothing but because of its brand.

I think it will sell bad.
We didn't hear nothing about the game maybe it's not a 2015 game

Prelude.

Worst for a mainline entry, better than the last game on PSP, iirc.
喧嘩番長5 ~漢の法則~ スパイク 137,146 64,358 11/01/27

Edit: Oh, battle royale? Well, for now, yes.

Vena

Looks like the N3DS is doing its job. Not the greatest numbers but it would appear that YoY decline has been averted in as of so far (and depending on tracker).

WiiU is back in WiiU territory, though it has three titles in the Top 20. Kirby will obviously save it.

PS4 cruising on Waiting for Greatness.

Xbox soon to be releasing in Lacedaemon.

Oregano

-SaGa

So... not really.

To be fair with God Eater 2 it's multiplat with PS4 and it seems the PS4 version is a nonentity. That's still quite a big release for Vita.

Darius

Banned

God Eater 2 B seems to be the biggest one so far, there is no PSP version this time and the PS4 version seems to be irrelevant. I doubt it will be an important title but I´m also interested in seeing what will happen to FFAgito.

P4G is a traditional Persona games and because Miku is popular dosn't mean this game will sell well.

It shows there are Persona fans on the system which a certain proportion will definitely buy P4D and it shows there are fans of that genre on the platform. It will do fine.

-SaGa

So... not really.

SaGa seems the only title that could attract some audience, but details are so scarce that we cannot really say anything.

spared

Wow. Of all games, the only PS4 game is GTA V. Even Wii U has 2 for cryin' out loud. 3DS is still dominating the Land of the Rising Sun apparently!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Looks like the N3DS is doing its job. Not the greatest numbers but it would appear that YoY decline has been averted in as of so far (and depending on tracker).
WiiU is back in WiiU territory, though it has three titles in the Top 20. Kirby will obviously save it.

do we have '14 3DS release schedule to compare it to the incoming '15 one?
same for Wii U.
I'd like to foresee a possible decline/hold/increase YoY for the Q1 (Wii U YtD will clearly see a significant decline, considering that '14 had MK and Smash)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
To be fair with God Eater 2 it's multiplat with PS4 and it seems the PS4 version is a nonentity. That's still quite a big release for Vita.

Yes, it sticks out to me as the biggest.

That said I suspect he's asking if there are any games that'd bring in new people to buy the hardware, which is a bit harder with an expansion pack release to an existing game on the platform.

wmlk

P4G is a traditional Persona games and because Miku is popular dosn't mean this game will sell well.

There are Miku fans and Persona fans on Vita.

You combine the fanbases and I don't think this game will bomb.

Why we don't have a lot of information or video until now how many time it's been since the last bit of information we had about the games?

What? Don't really know what you're saying, but we just got a trailer like four months ago.

Takao

Banned
Why we don't have a lot of information or video until now how many time it's been since the last bit of information we had about the games?

Originally the game was developed by Dingo. Atlus then booted Dingo off the game and went internal. That's why it's been MIA.

small44

There are Miku fans and Persona fans on Vita.

You combine the fanbases and I don't think this game will bomb.

What? Don't really know what you're saying, but we just got a trailer like four months ago.

Miku fans would be interested in the game if the game contained miku music i don't think miku will buy the game just because it's a rythme game and i think Persona fans want an rpg game.

It's been 4 month so it's a long time ago

wmlk

Miku fans would be interested in the game if the game contained miku music i don't think miku will buy the game just because it's a rythme game and i think Persona fans want an rpg game.

It's been 4 month so it's a long time ago

Persona fans bought a damn fighting game. Said fighting game sold extremely well compared to the rest of the genre. The first Arena game sold nearly 150k the first week.

Persona fans also attend concerts for the games' music. There's clearly a level of dedication the fanbase has for the music.

Four months is a long time now? Okay. The game clearly had development issues but I would understand if we hadn't received news for 6 months or something. However, the game just resurfaced and four months is not a long time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fair amount of potential audience overlap between Miku and Persona given what the games are.

That said, we haven't actually seen how the Persona rhythm game plays since it's been rebooted, and it didn't seem to have production values as high as Miku by a fair amount.

test_account

XP-39C²
Seems like WiiU and Vita will live on as normal in 2015 as well as they did in 2014. I see no reason to be worried about any of those systems at this point in time at least (talking about being more worried about the systems now compared to like a year ago).

Anyone have a chart comparison for the Kenka Bancho games by the way?

small44

Seems like WiiU and Vita will live on as normal in 2015 as well as they did in 2014. I see no reason to be worried about any of those systems at this point in time at least (talking about being more worried about the systems now compared to like a year ago).

Anyone have a chart comparison for the Kenka Bancho games by the way?

Psv won't even do 1 million this year it's really bad

test_account

XP-39C²
That might be, but i see no reason to worry about it at this point in time. Doesnt seem like there will happen much (or any at all) unexpected things with the systems, and that they will just continue doing what they are doing.

SmokyDave

You can probably knock another 200-300k off that figure. It's going to be rough.

That might be, but i see no reason to worry about it at this point in time. Doesnt seem like there will happen much with the systems, and that they will just continue doing what they are doing.
Yeah, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. The niche is carved.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. The niche is carved.
Indeed. It would be nice to see one final push though (price drop + some piece(s) of selling potential software), but i dont expect anything. I'm curious if we will see any future plans in 2015 for the handheld space from Nintendo and Sony.

Guamu

Animal Crossing has been in the Top 10 in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.

I remember those few guys that said it would have a "decent" launch and no legs whatsoever.

Also I've seen predictions of the PS4 overcoming the WIIU LTD by this September. I really doubt it. To do it, PS4 needs to sell 30,968 more units than Wiiu every week until the end of september (week 40).

To overcome it by end of 2015 it needs a surplus of 23,384

LOCK

Well this week was a little below the hardware units sold last year, and I think that's a good result.

Should be interesting to watch total hardware sold since last year was horrible. We know the PS4 will be up YOY in 1 H, but I think the N3DS and Wii U could be flat or slightly up. Only time will tell.

Vena

do we have '14 3DS release schedule to compare it to the incoming '15 one?
same for Wii U.
I'd like to foresee a possible decline/hold/increase YoY for the Q1 (Wii U YtD will clearly see a significant decline, considering that '14 had MK and Smash)

Seems the 3DS has a better line-up this year or at least it feels like it, more little *good* titles to fill in with big Nintendo titles already loaded onto the front half of the year. But there is no MH this year that I'm aware of, no news on Pokemon, and no news on YW2.75.

WiiU has... a more consistent release schedule but not nearly "big hitters" on the level of MK8 and Smash. But, who knows, maybe Xenoblade/Mario Maker/Splatoon will take Japan by storm.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well this week was a little below the hardware units sold last year, and I think that's a good result.

Should be interesting to watch total hardware sold since last year was horrible. We know the PS4 will be up YOY in 1 H, but I think the N3DS and Wii U could be flat or slightly up. Only time will tell.

Will it? The PS4 launched in the first half of last year to pretty good numbers.

Oregano

Yes, it sticks out to me as the biggest.

That said I suspect he's asking if there are any games that'd bring in new people to buy the hardware, which is a bit harder with an expansion pack release to an existing game on the platform.

Yes, that's definitely true. In that regard SaGa is probably the biggest release for Vita this year because it's the only one potentially bringing in new customers. Of course we haven't actually seen it yet...

Top Bottom