• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 3, 2015 (Jan 12 - Jan 18)

Labadal

Anyone knows how the interest in Legend of legacy has been in Japan? I want this to do really well, but from what I understand, these devs don't usually make games that sell gangbusters.

Oregano

Anyone knows how the interest in Legend of legacy has been in Japan? I want this to do really well, but from what I understand, these devs don't usually make games that sell gangbusters.

It's getting good reception and has strong pre-orders. It will be FuRyu's(the publishers) most successful game ever but to what degree remains to be seen. Most people seem to be expecting it to surpass 100k sales which would be a very good result.

Labadal

It's getting good reception and has strong pre-orders. It will be FuRyu's(the publishers) most successful game ever but to what degree remains to be seen. Most people seem to be expecting it to surpass 100k sales which would be a very good result.

I hope it can do 100k, but I have no idea what to expect, to be honest. If it does well, maybe someone will localize it.

I remember those few guys that said it would have a "decent" launch and no legs whatsoever.

Also I've seen predictions of the PS4 overcoming the WIIU LTD by this September. I really doubt it. To do it, PS4 needs to sell 30,968 more units than Wiiu every week until the end of september (week 40).

To overcome it by end of 2015 it needs a surplus of 23,384

The thin is that PS4 has this year far more big games on the pipeline than Wii U. Even if most of them are going to be on PS3/VITA as well. I can see MGS V selling a ton of PS4 on release and if FF XV is a holidays title then I can see it surpassing the Wii U LTD this year.

We start from next week
(Underlined: new release dates)

Week 4 2015 (22nd of January)

[PS3] Tales of Zestiria
[3DS] Legend of Legacy
[WIU] Touch! Kirby Super Rainbow

Week 5 2015 (29th of January)

[PS4] [PS3] Far Cry 4
[PS4] BladeStorm: 100 years of War & Nightmare
[3DS] Devil Survivor 2: Break

Week 6 2015 (5th of February)

[PS4] Bloodborne
(delayed)
[PS3] [PS4] Dragon Ball Xenoverse
[3DS] Lost Heroes 2
[PSV] EbiKore Fotokano Kiss

Week 7 2015 (11th of February)

[PS3] [PS4] [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4-II
[3DS] The Seven Deadly Sins: Unjust Sin
[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (14th of February)

Week 8 2015 (19th of February)

Hardware PSV Debut Pack
[PSV] [PS4] God Eater 2: Rage Burst
[PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
[PS4] The Order 1886 (20 of February)

Week 9 2015 (26th of February)

[PS4] [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes

Week 10 2015 (5th of March)

[3DS] Etrian Odyssey Mysterious Dungeon

Week 11 2015 (12 of March)

[PS4] [PS3] Resident Evil Revelations 2
[PS4] [PS3] Yakuza 0
[PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
[WIU] Mario Party 10

Week 12 2015 (19 of March)

[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
[PS4] Battlefield Hardline
[3DS] [WIU] Mario VS Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars

Week 13 2015 (26 of March)

[PS4] Bloodborne
[PS3] [PS4] [PSV] One Piece: Pirates Warriors 3
[PSV] [PS3] Sword Art Online: Lost Song
[PSV] [PS4] Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
[PS4] Disgaea 5
[PS3] [PS4] [PSV] Kagero: Another Princess
[3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest

Week 14 2015 (2nd of April)

[PS3] [PSV] Super Robot Taisen Z 3rd
[PS4] Earth Defence Force 4.1
[3DS] [WIU] Rodea: The Sky Soldier
[3DS] Xenoblade 3D

Week 15 2015 (9th of April)

[PS4] Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Week 16 2015 (15th of April)

[3DS] Style Savvy 3: Kirakira Code

Week 17 2015 (23rd of April)

[3DS] Bravely Second
[PS4] Toukiden: Kiwami
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II

Week 18 2015 (29 of April)

[3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition
[WIU] Xenoblade X
[WIU] [WII] Dragon Quest X 3.0 version

Week 19 2015 => Golden Week

May

[3DS] Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
[WIU] Splatoon

Summer

[3DS] Fire Emblem IF
[3DS] Rhythm Paradise 3D

Dat Bloodborne delay salt :p

How is Bloodborne doing in comparison to previous Souls game on comg?

antibolo

Banned
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that exists.

On a similar note, it's probably about time for a new Miku for Vita, but I'm trying to stick to announced things.

They're still making DLC for F 2nd so I don't think the next one is coming soon. They probably decided to slow down after the relatively mediocre sales of F 2nd.

Oregano

I hope it can do 100k, but I have no idea what to expect, to be honest. If it does well, maybe someone will localize it.

I wouldn't count on it. FuRyu is apparently hard to work with and there doesn't seem to be much interest in localising 3DS games.

DrWong

I agree. It seems that 3DS, Vita and Wii U performance are not going to be much different of what is currently projected with all systems having YoY decline and all that, it seems the only thing that can be either a failure or a success is the PS4. To see if the Japanese content will grant the PS4 the enough momentum to leave its range of Vita sales and start to sell better or if it will completely fail and be the final nail on the coffin for the console market in Japan.

New 3DS is doing better than some of us expected though as Nirolak pointed it. It's interesting to follow even if I'm not expecting New 3DS to help the system top 2014 sales.

Media Create:
Code:
Week  |   2013  |   2014  |   2015   |
------------------------------------
Week 1| 279,259 | 176,555 |  153,166 |
Week 2|  92,661 |  60,154 |   57,674 |
Week 3|  81,855 |  47,438 |   44,229 |

Well, the 3DS is certainly holding better than last year.

I think it would have been reasonable to expect something in the range of a 20-30% drop year over year without the New 3DS, so it seems to be holding most of that off so far.

Week 4 was the lowest week until Week 8 last year, so it'll be interesting to see how that comparison develops.

small44

That might be, but i see no reason to worry about it at this point in time. Doesnt seem like there will happen much (or any at all) unexpected things with the systems, and that they will just continue doing what they are doing.

It only have 1 system sellers and it look like we will never get an exclusive FF,Mgs,Kingdoms heart game

monpiece

Banned
Indeed. It would be nice to see one final push though (price drop + some piece(s) of selling potential software), but i dont expect anything. I'm curious if we will see any future plans in 2015 for the handheld space from Nintendo and Sony.

I don't think Sony will do anything, but I believe they should do something in order to help their February to April lineup. Samurai Warriors 4-2, God Eater 2 RB, Digimon, SAO, Senran Kagura, One Piece 3 and Super Robot Taisen should all be good sellers, despite catering mostly to the current audience.

However, I believe Sony will do nothing and everything will be overshadowed by GE2 and SAO.

sörine

Banned
I wouldn't count on it. FuRyu is apparently hard to work with and there doesn't seem to be much interest in localising 3DS games.
I think there's interest. Outside of Dragon Quest I can't think of too many major 3DS games that are skipping the west anymore these days. We're even getting stuff like Umihara Kawaise or Attack on Titan now.

Xseed had issues with FuRyu on Unchained Blades, but this is potentially a much more lucrative project and it's alsi not multiplatform (Xseed's complaints were specifically with the delayed timetable for the 3DS version).

New 3DS is doing better than some of us expected though as Nirolak pointed it. It's interesting to follow even if I'm not expecting New 3DS to help the system top 2014 sales.

true, but it's probably going to pull a 2014 Vita in that it will be close up until Q4 (i.e. when the New 3DS lanuched)

test_account

XP-39C²
It only have 1 system sellers and it look like we will never get an exclusive FF,Mgs,Kingdoms heart game
True, that is one reason why i dont see any reason to worry about it at this point in time :) It doesnt seem to be anything out of the ordinary happening with those systems in 2015, at least from what we know so far.

I don't think Sony will do anything, but I believe they should do something in order to help their February to April lineup. Samurai Warriors 4-2, God Eater 2 RB, Digimon, SAO, Senran Kagura, One Piece 3 and Super Robot Taisen should all be good sellers, despite catering mostly to the current audience.

However, I believe Sony will do nothing and everything will be overshadowed by GE2 and SAO.
What do you think can be done?

I dont think anything will be overshadowed outside of natural competition between the games.

Oregano

sörine;148510076 said:
I think there's interest. Outside of Dragon Quest I can't think of too many major 3DS games that are skipping the west anymore these days. We're even getting stuff like Umihara Kawaise or Attack on Titan now.

Xseed had issues with FuRyu on Unchained Blades, but this is potentially a much more lucrative project and it's alsi not multiplatform (Xseed's complaints were specifically with the delayed timetable for the 3DS version).

Umihara Kawase is almost certainly because Agatsuma pushed for it(they localised it in Europe, same with Code of Princess). Attack on Titan is also a much bigger IP than Legend of Legacy, even in the west.

XSEED has also only published Marvelous games on the 3DS since Unchained Blades and it was treated as a PSP release first and foremost. If it(LoL) does come over I doubt XSEED will be the one to do it.

Salex_

So about this
Famitsu preview is out:

- 2x special interviews:

1. Kobayashi (Capcom-Dragons Dogma) x Baba (Bamco-Tales of)
2. Ichimura (Square Enix-Dragon Quest) x Yokoyama (Sega-Yakuza)

- Interviews will have some surprising information to share

- A scoop on a very suprising brand new exclusive game

Was your comment yesterday about the leaker mentioning something big from Kobayashi related to this new game?

small44

True, that is one reason why i dont see any reason to worry about it at this point in time :) It doesnt seem to be anything out of the ordinary happening with those systems in 2015, at least from what we know so far.

I dont think anything will be overshadowed outside of natural competition between the games.

They will be both severely be down year over year,how we should not be worry

The Vita version is coming out later than the other versions.

Vita version is digital only in the west.

I look it up and you are right. It seems that the Vita version is due for Spring 2015 without any other date or information. I still think it is stupid of Sony to not release the game on the best market for the Vita, but then again anything is possible when it comes to Vita and SCE.

I can see that, but what I mean is that N3DS isn't going to burn the world on fire. If the 3DS gets a revival will come from somewhere else, the same goes for Vita and even Wii U. I don't think new games for any of this platforms are going to change the path they are walking right now unless something completely out of left field becomes big over night, which is more likely to happen on 3DS than on the other platforms.

PS4 on the other hand is the wild card that can be anything, it could bomb this year it could take off or it could become the Vita of the home console market. Which makes it more attractive to watch and predict.

BriBri

Animal Crossing is up to #13 on the eShop charts above MH4G, Smash Bros and Pokemon OR and AS. Only Final Fantasy Explorers and Level-5's cat game are above it as retail titles. An amiibo version is a lock.

Astral Dog

PS4 already trouncing WiiU, just imagine when the heavy hitters start to come out to PS, lol poor thing.
that and when PS4 doesn't have to compete against the PS3, I think it will be the clear winner in Japan.

WiiU is selling to a fanbase with only 1 home console in the market....

Are people really surprised by this at this point?
Its only a matter of time, that said the PS4 is not doing very good either...

Salex_

Are people really surprised by this at this point?
Its only a matter of time, that said the PS4 is not doing very good either...

Seems ok at this point considering the only PS4 game in the top 30 is a port of a year old western game and there's almost no notable (sales wise) Japanese games on the system today.

sörine

Banned
Umihara Kawase is almost certainly because Agatsuma pushed for it(they localised it in Europe, same with Code of Princess). Attack on Titan is also a much bigger IP than Legend of Legacy, even in the west.

XSEED has also only published Marvelous games on the 3DS since Unchained Blades and it was treated as a PSP release first and foremost. If it(LoL) does come over I doubt XSEED will be the one to do it.
Those were just two random examples. We've also had A-Train, Steel Empire, Hakouki, Conception II, Code if Princess and various other niche Japanese pickups make it west. After how well Bravely Default sold I think Legend of Legacy seems like a pretty attractive pickup for the usual suspects (Atlus, Natsume, Aksys, etc) to maybe take a long look at.

I agree if it comes it likely won't be from Xseed though. Between Marvelous and Falcom they're already swamped for the foreseeable future and Tom's comments on working with FuRyu seemed pretty negative.

Legend of Legacy sold out on Amazon, new stock on January 23.

Furyu released a bunch of 3DS themes too, get money!

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150121_684678.html

hivIWu0.jpg

DrWong

true, but it's probably going to pull a 2014 Vita in that it will be close up until Q4 (i.e. when the New 3DS lanuched)

Probably yes and the only move I can think of which could partially offset that is a price cut around this time. But we can't know if it would make sense for Nintendo...

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah we talk about 2015 sale compared to 2014 it's doing bad 1million for a console peak year is really awfull.
Sure, i'm not saying anything against that. I just mean that its not something to worry about at this point in time, at least in my opinion. Same thing with the WiiU. Those systems' fate were already determained (most likely) quite a while ago.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

Coming close to 2014 YTD will be an achievement for a system that was supposed to be dead this year a few months ago from many here.

And I wouldn't be so sure Vita will collapse this year or PS4 outselling it.

small44

Sure, i'm not saying anything against that. I just mean that its not something to worry about at this point in time, at least in my opinion. Same thing with the WiiU. Those systems' fate were already determained (most likely) quite a while ago.
What you are not worry about and when should we worry about them.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Well this week was a little below the hardware units sold last year, and I think that's a good result.

Should be interesting to watch total hardware sold since last year was horrible. We know the PS4 will be up YOY in 1 H, but I think the N3DS and Wii U could be flat or slightly up. Only time will tell.

PS4 won't be at 600k+ YTD until the end of June, it won't be up YOY. The only system that has a chance to be shlightly up is 3DS.

Oregano

sörine;148528199 said:
Those were just two random examples. We've also had A-Train, Steel Empire, Hakouki, Conception II, Code if Princess and various other niche Japanese pickups make it west. After how well Bravely Default sold I think Legend of Legacy seems like a pretty attractive pickup for the usual suspects (Atlus, Natsume, Aksys, etc) to maybe take a long look at.

I agree if it comes it likely won't be from Xseed though. Between Marvelous and Falcom they're already swamped for the foreseeable future and Tom's comments on working with FuRyu seemed pretty negative.

There's also been a ton left in Japan, niche or not. Most importantly this includes every FuRyu game except Unchained Blades. Even Cardfight didn't get localised despite the fact that the anime did(I think?).

I will be (very pleasantly) surprised if Legend of Legacy gets localised.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Btw, we eventually usually got a year end update for total sales for the top X titles in the year from Famitsu iirc. Is that happening this year?

Comments on sales...
30./26. [WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Tokumori! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.11.20} (¥5.627) - 1.951 / 58.045 <60-80%> (-34%)

Seems like Taiko Wii U 2 is slowly getting through its first shipment? Does it have a chance of getting through the whole thing? (I'm assuming not.)

18./21. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko ga Ochitsukundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2014.11.20} (¥5.184) - 3.008 / 91.674 <80-100%> (-18%)
Pretty impressive here.

19./15. [WIU] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker <ADV> (Nintendo) {2014.11.13} (¥3.996) - 2.868 / 132.369 <60-80%> (-30%)
Go go go! Pleasant surprise here.

13./13. [3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.12.18} (¥6.264) - 5.135 / 248.464 <80-100%> (+14%)
Stock issues last week?

YW2.5, Pokemon ORAS, Smash 3DS, MH4, & YW2 continue to be big sellers this Jan (aka the million sellers of 2014 keep selling)

Some Wii U legs:
06./05. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} (¥7.776) - 13.007 / 581.791 <80-100%> (-36%)
08./07. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 # <RCE> (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156) - 8.456 / 896.532 <80-100%> (-22%)

PSV/PS4 titles with legs
10./09. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 2 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.12.18} (¥7.171) - 5.696 / 106.455 <80-100%> (-27%)
12./08. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V # <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2014.12.11} (¥7.992) - 5.262 / 135.777 <80-100%> (-35%)

3DS evergreens....
11./10. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (¥4.800) - 5.519 / 4.277.022 <80-100%> (-27%)
17./12. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) - 3.245 / 2.375.248 <80-100%> (-33%)
21./14. [3DS] Tomodachi Life # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} (¥4.800) - 2.833 / 1.721.187 <80-100%> (-31%)
25./28. [3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.01.11} (¥4.800) - 2.217 / 699.317 <80-100%> (-13%) (interesting)

sörine

Banned
There's also been a ton left in Japan, niche or not. Most importantly this includes every FuRyu game except Unchained Blades. Even Cardfight didn't get localised despite the fact that the anime did(I think?).

I will be (very pleasantly) surprised if Legend of Legacy gets localised.
Most of FuRyu's lineup is license dependent and the only games that weren't (Unchained Blades EXXIV, Exstetra, Lost Dimension) weren't exactly too appealing for localization. I don't feel it has too much bearing on LOL's chances.

test_account

XP-39C²
What you are not worry about and when should we worry about them.
I'm not worried because the outcome of those systems seems to be pretty much set in stone. Then it doesnt really matter to me if they do worse in 2015 because their outcome are hardly to change much for the better anyway. I think it shall still be interesting to see how they sell, i will follow the numbers every week, but i dont see anything to worry about at this point in time. I'm only speaking what i think though, that i dont see any reason to worry about it. Others are free to feel differently of course. The only reason i see to worry however is if someone thinks that the Vita and/or the WiiU can still turn things around big time.

Road

Btw, we eventually usually got a year end update for total sales for the top X titles in the year from Famitsu iirc. Is that happening this year?

The 2014 Top 100 is in this week's Famitsu. As well as some sales special starting on page 200.

If there's some gaffer in Japan who has the magazine and can send me pictures, I (or someone else) can translate soon.

Otherwise, I plan to buy the edition only next week.

Its Persona though. Miku and P4G both did very well on Vita.

There are Miku fans and Persona fans on Vita.

You combine the fanbases and I don't think this game will bomb.

"There are Phantasy Star and hunting action game fans on Vita. Phantasy Star Nova is a surefire hit."

monpiece

Banned

Dunno, but if they still have something in their cards, they should play it right now, so that they can generate interest and help the games to sell accordingly. I believe the main weakenss of Vita in the Japanese market is that many of its titles that could sell over 100k are targeted at the same audience, and I don't believe many people will be buying four or five games in a short period.

If they have something like a price drop planned, the new Vita owners could absorb those games right now, and momentum would be generated for the rest of the year. If nothing is done, some of those games will certainly underperform, making it theorically impossible to ever turn the things around unless that secret megaton is secured.

test_account

XP-39C²
Dunno, but if they still have something in their cards, they should play it right now, so that they can generate interest and help the games to sell accordingly. I believe the main weakenss of Vita in the Japanese market is that many of its titles that could sell over 100k are targeted at the same audience, and I don't believe many people will be buying four or five games in a short period.

If they have something like a price drop planned, the new Vita owners could absorb those games right now, and momentum would be generated for the rest of the year. If nothing is done, some of those games will certainly underperform, making it theorically impossible to ever turn the things around unless that secret megaton is secured.
A price drop around that time might happen, but probably a small chance for that i think. They recently announced those bundles, i would guess those will be the things that they are going for in the upcoming months. Yeah, it is a crowed day for those games indeed. Hopefully for the publishers it wont affect the sales that much, but i think it shall be interesting to see how they sell regardless =)

Kid Ying

Comments on sales...
30./26. [WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Tokumori! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.11.20} (¥5.627) - 1.951 / 58.045 <60-80%> (-34%)

Seems like Taiko Wii U 2 is slowly getting through its first shipment? Does it have a chance of getting through the whole thing? (I'm assuming not.)
At this time last year, taiko 1 sold 127k. It ended selling 165. Assuming that this one will have similar legs, it might do.

Do we have any revenue figures for 2014 full CY?

I can only find that 2013 was apparently ~$5.4B. And I think this includes revenues on hardware?

Which already makes the $1.5B figure posted by Gung-Ho, where something like 90% of it comes from P&D pretty astounding.

I'm guessing the dedicated space has shrunk even more.

Road

Prediction League December 2014 Results

Congratulations to:

- 1st Course, for winning by both units and mean error %!

Code:
BY UNITS                                           BY MEAN ERROR %                                   

1      199,660  1st Course                         1    12.25%  1st Course             
  2      225,772  metalslimer                        2    12.36%  metalslimer            
  3      229,052  sörine                             3    15.26%  sörine                 
  4      329,660  Yeshua                             4    15.40%  Bruno MB               
  5      343,228  Pennywise83                        5    16.85%  Chris1964              
  6      374,510  BlowoverKing                       6    16.90%  BlowoverKing           
  7      418,155  theprodigy                         7    18.28%  theprodigy             
  8      421,180  random25                           8    18.65%  random25               
  9      429,848  Chris1964                          9    18.99%  Pennywise83            
 10      454,574  MasterSheen                       10    20.42%  Yeshua                 
 11      532,412  Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule           11    21.96%  DrWong                 
 12      541,526  Bruno MB                          12    22.38%  bakman21               
 13      581,118  bakman21                          13    23.20%  MasterSheen            
 14      610,180  Eolz                              14    24.52%  Eolz                   
 15      619,808  astrogamer                        15    24.58%  hiska-kun              
 16      658,808  Orgen                             16    24.89%  Moor-Angol             
 17      667,738  Mr Swine                          17    25.04%  Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule
 18      671,510  Road                              18    27.98%  Orgen                  
 19      692,400  DrWong                            19    28.67%  Road                   
 20      770,018  Moor-Angol                        20    28.76%  michaelius             
 21      822,724  michaelius                        21    29.72%  astrogamer             
 22      986,448  hiska-kun                         22    30.21%  Mr Swine               
 23    1,210,528  baekshi                           23    37.71%  baekshi                
 24    1,587,526  Tripon                            24    38.01%  Tripon                 

24                                      |FAMITSU  |Yeshua   |Orgen    |Chris1964|Bruno MB |metalslim|MasterShe|Tripon   |michaeliu|random25 |Moor-Ango|astrogame|Daphnes N|bakman21 |Pennywise|1st Cours|DrWong   |sörine   |Mr Swine |Road     |hiska-kun|BlowoverK|Eolz     |theprodig|baekshi  
[3DS] Hardware                          |   693099|   600000|   816000|   789012|   775000|   700000|   761000|   840000|   680000|   750000|   817296|   850000|   800000|   885000|   750000|   650000|   823000|   689823|   672000|   666666|   801000|   734000|   789000|   777777|   916916
[WIU] Hardware                          |   141926|   200000|   221000|   210987|   195000|   170000|   200000|   175000|   250000|   200000|   188734|   240000|   220000|   260000|   180000|   220000|   215000|   175462|   167000|   222222|   206000|   165000|   232000|   222222|   131131
[PS4] Hardware                          |   128859|   150000|   145000|   123456|   115000|   105000|    75000|    60000|    80000|   100000|   119636|   195000|   100000|   125000|   110000|   130000|   135000|   143971|   135000|    66666|   131000|   132000|   114000|   123456|    44083
[WIU] Super Smash Bros. Wii U           |   478366|   500000|   658000|   567890|   645000|   510000|   495000|   550000|   500000|   700000|   861088|   550000|   680000|   670000|   560000|   500000|   610000|   486735|   465000|   666666|   771000|   638000|   747000|   654321|   206148
[PS4+XBO] Grand Theft Auto V            |   107524|   150000|   162000|   123456|   110000|   129000|    87000|   325000|   150000|   120000|   106977|   121000|   100000|   122000|    78000|   120000|   120000|   121749|   278000|    66666|   104000|   101000|   111000|   111111|   123456
[3DS] Youkai Watch 2 Shinuchi           |  2007327|  2000000|  2134000|  2109876|  2200000|  1950000|  2109000|  3000000|  2500000|  2000000|  2117914|  2100000|  2000000|  2050000|  2000000|  2000000|  2255000|  1978558|  2250000|  2222222|  2431000|  2001000|  1955000|  2000000|  2394916
[3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers           |   212204|   200000|   187000|   210987|   200000|   235000|    90000|   200000|   120000|   200000|   213841|   145000|   220000|   223000|   150000|   200000|   245000|   187576|    85000|   222222|   256000|   147000|   178000|   190000|   394394
[PS3+PSV] Gundam Breaker 2              |   173705|   100000|   119000|   123456|   155000|   140000|   160000|   129000|   170000|   150000|    79408|   120000|    79408|   166000|   125000|   150000|   115000|    72568|   112000|   222222|   125000|   104000|   123000|   135000|   206916

TOTAL ABS. DIFF.                        |         |  329,660|  658,808|  429,848|  541,526|  225,772|  454,574|1,587,526|  822,724|  421,180|  770,018|  619,808|  532,412|  581,118|  343,228|  199,660|  692,400|  229,052|  667,738|  671,510|  986,448|  374,510|  610,180|  418,155|1,210,528
MEAN ERROR %                            |         |   20.42%|   27.98%|   16.85%|   15.40%|   12.36%|   23.20%|   38.01%|   28.76%|   18.65%|   24.89%|   29.72%|   25.04%|   22.38%|   18.99%|   12.25%|   21.96%|   15.26%|   30.21%|   28.67%|   24.58%|   16.90%|   24.52%|   18.28%|   37.71%

Code:
STATISTICS                              |  FAMITSU|  GAF_AVG|      MIN|      MAX|    UNDER|     OVER|  CLOSEST BY      
[3DS] Hardware                          |  693,099|  763,895|  600,000|  916,916|      25%|      75%|  689,823 sörine
[WIU] Hardware                          |  141,926|  202,782|  131,131|  260,000|       4%|      96%|  131,131 baekshi
[PS4] Hardware                          |  128,859|  114,928|   44,083|  195,000|      63%|      38%|  130,000 1st Course
[WIU] Super Smash Bros. Wii U           |  478,366|  591,327|  206,148|  861,088|       8%|      92%|  486,735 sörine
[PS4+XBO] Grand Theft Auto V            |  107,524|  130,892|   66,666|  325,000|      29%|      71%|  106,977 Moor-Angol
[3DS] Youkai Watch 2 Shinuchi           |2,007,327|2,156,604|1,950,000|3,000,000|      42%|      58%|2,001,000 BlowoverKing
[3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers           |  212,204|  195,834|   85,000|  394,394|      67%|      33%|  210,987 Chris1964
[PS3+PSV] Gundam Breaker 2              |  173,705|  132,582|   72,568|  222,222|      92%|       8%|  170,000 michaelius

Sandfox

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fair amount of potential audience overlap between Miku and Persona given what the games are.

That said, we haven't actually seen how the Persona rhythm game plays since it's been rebooted, and it didn't seem to have production values as high as Miku by a fair amount.

Even then a lot of the Project Diva fans are probably in it for the established virtual idols and vocaloid songs which aren't present in P4G. The game is going to be interesting to follow though.

Eolz

Congrats 1st Course!
Completely overpredicted in december, didn't expect this month to be even lower than that...

hiska-kun

This week's releases:

[PS3] Tales of Zestiria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥8.715)
B5CD9556-C959-446F-9EFF-486987569411_zpsijjz6w3u.jpg

D6DF0354-8687-45F1-AF75-D05B5EFB69E9_zpsqtsorx4t.jpg

871304A0-797D-405F-8253-E562E56A6D05_zps5ngrw76p.jpg

B0022051-EF2D-4E44-846B-741B5794F404_zpswppzwwm4.jpg

[3DS] Legend of Legacy <RPG> (FuRyu) (¥6.458)
3A6096B5-752E-4131-95E4-B75645EA310D_zpsibf5m2dv.jpg

E9449289-F5A2-443B-88A9-3B7D589FE9CF_zpsxxjmoqgo.jpg

[WIU] Kirby and the Rainbow Curse <ACT> (Nintendo) (¥3.996)
4CA4BB94-78C9-480F-BD0F-B3B868EF9810_zpswwkt1l6g.jpg

93770367-51F0-465D-93F5-AB56474266E2_zpsokshhjqj.jpg

[PSV] Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky # <RPG> (Gust) (¥6.264)
489165AB-966E-4211-B55A-777D7F24C036_zpswpyfqr6b.jpg

----

Pre-orders for Zelda:
9AA7E618-B2E7-476F-BBF2-CF05A3B5E9F1_zpsjqha5tju.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Do we have any revenue figures for 2014 full CY?

I can only find that 2013 was apparently ~$5.4B. And I think this includes revenues on hardware?

Which already makes the $1.5B figure posted by Gung-Ho, where something like 90% of it comes from P&D pretty astounding.

I'm guessing the dedicated space has shrunk even more.

Here was 2013: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650611

I don't think we have the mobile whitepaper for 2014 yet.

Top Bottom