• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 30, 2013 (Jul 22 - Jul 28)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
And on the bright side 3DS pretty much owns the rest of this year. The lineups for everything else is mediocre at best.

PS3 has many strong sellers for the rest of the year. It will be a distant second for software after 3DS but very far from the remaining "competition".

Raist

Banned
You know many people, including me, still take offense to the word 'jap', especially non-capitalized.

Just chiming in here, but orioto's french, and for us it's a very common short for "japanese" (most often as an adjective, and not necessarily for people. You'd use that for a console for instance - hence the lack of capitalization)) with absolutely no negative connotation. Consequently, a lot of french people wouldn't know that it can be offensive.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Any early impressions about how Disney Magic Castle and Mind 0 are selling?

Alrus

I'm expecting Nintendo to money hat DQXI on WiiU and Sony to do the same for P5 on Vita, both exclusives.

:D

I seriously doubt DQ is a franhise that is open for moneyhats...

P5 being on Vita wouldn't be much of a surprise, P4G did damn good and the Vita is healthier now than it was when it released.

What would people put the odds of DQXI at for not being a 3DS game? Like 5% at most?

I thought it'd be a lock and I still feel there's been too much watering the ground for a mainline DQ (Slime Mori Mori -> DMQ1r -> DQVIIr -> DQM2r) for it not to be a 3DS title but then I have to also remind myself that DQ became an MMORPG and that anything can happen given where Square-Enix is today.

I seriously doubt DQ is a franhise that is open for moneyhats...

P5 being on Vita wouldn't be much of a surprise, P4G did damn good and the Vita is healthier now than it was when it released.
P5 Vita will most likely happen. It'd just probably be the usual portable version afterwards.

PS3 has many strong sellers for the rest of the year. It will be a distant second for software after 3DS but very far from the remaining "competition".

Yeah i realized soon after i posted it the ps3 was in a different league than the dead consoles/failures

I know DQXI is a long shot, but come on P5 Vita exclusive can totally happen >_>

Yes Atlus will sacrifice their biggest seller to Vita. I guess it's slightly more likely than Dragon Quest 360

Wii U will need to have a really great December to sell more software than PS Vita this year.

Current gap is quite big, and this gap wasn't shortened in July, a month that was supposed to be big for Wii U (Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, Nintendo Land + Wiimote). Furthermore, these games don't seem to have typical Nintendo strong legs, Pikmin 3 will get to 250.000 and New Super Luigi U has probably eaten into New Super Mario Bros. U sales.

So far, there is only one game that will do good numbers which is The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. And by good numbers I mean 200.000 - 300.000 units max. The rest with the exception of The Wonderful 101 will be lucky to sell a few thousand units each one. So we will already be in November and the gap will probably be as big as today or even bigger (I haven't checked the list of upcoming PS Vita releases).

Best case scenario for Wii U during late November and December would be Super Mario 3D World, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Game and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Well, if all these games are released Wii U at least stands a legitimate chance to sell more software than PS Vita. So far only Super Mario 3D World, Wii Fit U and Wii Party U are slated for 2013.

I think the gap is probably too big, neither console has anything really big for August but vita has a couple more releases so it's pretty much a wash there at best for wiiu.

September probably favors Vita with sen kiseki but it's multi with ps3 and again not much else for either console so the gap wont change much.

October will Favor WiiU with zelda hd and wiiu party but I think the former is hard to judge. Console Zelda has fallen off a bit in Japan but it is a rereleae of one of the more popular ones. Vita has Dangan Ronpa which seems to have benefited from the anime.

November will favor Vita with God Eater 2 vs basically nothing for WiiU. Even if Tropical Freeze suddenly gets a release date for nov that just evens the scale a bit.

Dec is hugely in favour of WiiU with Mario and even though i think it will bomb theres wiifit which will at least sell more than zero. Vita has literally nothing dated for dec.

Like somone just said there will be some more announcements likely for the end of year. There are a couple of reasonable vita games announced but without dates (jump and gundam) and it's possible that both donkey kong and mario olympics still make it for this year. However with what we currently know as actually dated stuff it seems unlikely for WiiU to sell more software this year.

Basically with what we know as the current lineups for both systems the gap is likely to be similar or eve slightly more in favor of vita when december rolls around. 750k+ for mario is a big ask for one month

Busaiku

So is Devil Survivor Break Code poised to do better than Devil Survivor Overclocked?
Since then, Atlus has had tons of 3DS love, and it did have the cartoon (tough I think it was poorly received).

Spiegel

Yeah i realized soon after i posted it the ps3 was in a different league than the dead consoles/failures

Yes Atlus will sacrifice their biggest seller to Vita. I guess it's slightly more likely than Dragon Quest 360

Not that I think P5 will be a Vita game but it's not like P4 Golden bombed or anything. Atlus shipped 260k in September in Asia + ~90k copies have been sold at retail in US.

They've probably have shipped over 400k worldwide.

vctor182

So is Devil Survivor Break Code poised to do better than Devil Survivor Overclocked?
Since then, Atlus has had tons of 3DS love, and it did have the cartoon (tough I think it was poorly received).

I think so, DS2 had a pretty good anime that ended a little while ago

proper punctuation or not there is no other way to understand that sentence if you actually read it the whole way through

I don't think you understand what the purpose of punctuation is.

But again, I've said it was my bad (mostly a result of the lack of punctuation and fast reading). No need for you to get overly defensive!

P5 being on Vita is perfectly viable option given the userbase and what sells on the Vita.

If anything it's the best option after PS3.

WiiU version would tank and it being on the 3DS is more than questionable if Catherine was the test waters for their new engine.

Still going with PS3 and later P5Portable on the Vita.

I don't think you understand what the purpose of punctuation is.

But again, I've said it was my bad (mostly a result of the lack of punctuation and fast reading). No need for you to get overly defensive!

I understand (perfectly) what the purpose is! I, was just pointing' out That the sentence. would not Make any sense if the comment on bombing wasn't related? To Wii Fit U rather than to mario

I never said Persona 5 being on Vita wasn't viable. I said Atlus isn't sacrficing their biggest seller in the next couple of years exclusively to Vita. And with Vita's non existant presence in the west it certainly isn't happening. Maybe PS3/Vita if Sony ponied up some money. If not either it will come to consoles and get a vita port later if its still around.

I never said Persona 5 being on Vita wasn't viable. I said Atlus isn't sacrficing their biggest seller in the next couple of years exclusively to Vita. And with Vita's non existant presence in the west it certainly isn't happening

at best vita gets multi with ps3(or4 heeh) but i even think that is unlikely. Smarter to do the console release then a year later the portable, bigger chance of double dipping.

at best vita gets multi with ps3(or4 heeh) but i even think that is unlikely. Smarter to do the console release then a year later the portable, bigger chance of double dipping.

You missed my edit =p

But yeah Persona 5GportableFES whatever will hit at some point. I do wonder if atlus has considered bringing Golden to PS3 in prep for 5.

P5 should be on Vita as well, it won't stop them from releasing the Golden version anyway, people will buy the game twice, especially because Atlus will definitely have an anime airing by the time they release the Golden version.

Twice the profit, and we know Sony is pushing for PS3/PSV.

P5 should be on Vita as well, it won't stop them from releasing the Golden version anyway, people will buy the game twice, especially because Atlus will definitely have an anime airing by the time they release the Golden version.

Twice the profit, and we know Sony is pushing for PS3/PSV.

begging is probably a better word than pushing :p

LOCK

The 3DS XL needed a price drop a while ago, but they aren't likely to do it until next year, but yes i do worry for what's on the horizon in terms of 3DS's future if nintendo moves over to wiiu. So far we have
3DS 2014
Zelda ALBW
Super Smash Bros
Yoshi's Island

But to be fair most of this year's lineup was announced this year

Kirby and Rhythm Tengoku(both million sellers in Japan).
Add Mario Golf to the list. We should see something Pokemon related, probably a remake.

Hopefully an Advance Wars game.

Pooya

Namco Bandai Q1 shipments

captureitls5.png

www.bandainamco.co.jp/en/ir/financial/pdf_bnh/en_20130802_1.pdf

looks like their new translator san directly copy pasted from the Japanese doc with numbers in 'ten thousand', hah.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If I'm seeing it right from the Inside-Games article

Gaist Crusher [3DS] - December, 5th, 2013
Normal SKU - 4,990
Bundle SKU (with the 3DS attachment and one of the sort of emeralds) - 5,990
Manga coming to VJump.

Fisico

I think so, DS2 had a pretty good anime that ended a little while ago

I wouldn't use the term "pretty good" when speaking about the anime, they kinda screwed up the release date of the game too, we haven't got any news since the delay no ?

Normal SKU - 4,990
Manga coming to VJump.

This will bomb terribly, won't it?

Why isn't Nintendo hiring Treasure to make a 3DS game in the style of Sin & Punishment or Gunstar Heroes? Oh wait, it's because none of you fuckers bought S&P2.

Fisico

The sales for the BD were kinda bad too (<5k) unlike the the Persona 4 Anime (which didn't deserve its success but was still better than DS2A)

vareon

Normal SKU - 4,990
Manga coming to VJump.

Will this go the way of Gyrozetter or Youkai Watch?

Top Bottom