• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2013 (Aug 26 - Sep 01)

crinale

Not too implausible. The OLED has to be the biggest albatross around the platform's neck as far as profit margins go.

They'll continue on selling black model for original (they're even saying they won't halt the production, for black model). However I'm not sure they're telling us their true intention :(

Takao

Banned
3G unit is definitely going to get axed. The price was reduced to the same as the "this obviously costs us less to make but we're not passing on the savings" Vita 2000, and has some super bundle with a 32GB and Hot Shots Golf.

Also, I think it's safe to say Lost Planet 3 will be Last Planet 3. Outside of an insulting iOS game I think that IP's done.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Taiko no Tatsujin Wii U Version is the first big effort from a Japanese third party on Wii U: not a port, not on other consoles, completely new project. It's tragic this is the first seriously big project announced by Japan in...forever, though; at least, it's something. Something good.

lord

Yes. Publishers just care for raw sales. They don't make more money selling 100k on Wii U (10% attach rate) instead of 500k on PS3 (~5%).
depends on the budget though, however like I said,I see your point, it's just morbid curiosity.

Bruno MB

Taiko no Tatsujin Wii U Version is the first big effort from a Japanese third party on Wii U: not a port, not on other consoles, completely new project. It's tragic this is the first seriously big project announced by Japan in...forever, though; at least, it's something. Something good.

The funny thing about this is that in the same week, Wii U and PS Vita get the announcement of their respective biggest (given the current landscape) potential third-party titles. In Wii U's case I'm sure we won't see anything bigger (other than a sequel that may sell more) during its lifetime.

So at least 2 third-party games will have crossed 100k units on Wii U during its first year...

Currently, the third best selling one is barely over 30k units sold.

duckroll

depends on the budget though, however like I said,I see your point, it's just morbid curiosity.

The budget still has nothing to do with attach rate. Total attach rate of software is useful for looking at the health of a platform. Individual attach rate of a huge title is also useful to see how accepted it is on that platform. Beyond that, it's literally an irrelevant statistic for a ton of reasons.

$h@d0w

3G unit is definitely going to get axed. The price was reduced to the same as the "this obviously costs us less to make but we're not passing on the savings" Vita 2000, and has some super bundle with a 32GB and Hot Shots Golf.

Also, I think it's safe to say Lost Planet 3 will be Last Planet 3. Outside of an insulting iOS game I think that IP's done.

Wow, that 3G Vita + 32GB + screen protector + Minna no golf pack is $250, it lands 31st Oct. It comes with a load of demos but also Monster Radar which I believe was a full retail game at launch. Oh, it has Power Pro Baseball as well (not sure what that game is).

http://www.4gamer.net/games/990/G999021/20130909071/

ifMdlFNrFjWl1.jpg

Pooya

been tons of stuff announced this week. hope there's still some big surprises for next week

SE had Agito on famitsu and TFF on Jump next week, maybe something for next week famitsu too :p

they usually announce some stuff on first day of the show though, kh2.5 could be then.
iirc they announced DQ Monsters for 3DS on some stage event at TGS too couple years ago.

There should be more stuff from them whether it's what people want is another matter. Overall turned out somewhat decent for Sega/Namco so far.

Capcom lineup looks so dead though next year.

Glass Rebel

What would Capcom theoretically have next year? A Monster Hunter game is definitely gonna happen.

Sengoku Basara 4, Strider HD and Ultra Street Fighter IV are 2014 releases, not sure about Deep Down. Monster Hunter Online is apparently staying in China.

Other than that I have a hard time coming up with anything. Most of their important franchises have seen recent releases.

Hellraider

Resident Evil 7 seems like safe bet. Also maybe part 2 of DMC reboot if it was greenlighted.

So, it took them three and a half years to go from RE5->6 while it took them four to go from 4->5.And you think RE7, the first of its gen game, will release next year?

I also doubt DmC2 was greenlit.If things had gone the way Capcom wanted to, Ninja Theory would have been renamed to Capcom Cambridge.

Dragon's Dogma 2 could be for 2014 if it does not change platforms.I have no idea what else there is.They have pretty much killed everything else.

Wow, that 3G Vita + 32GB + screen protector + Minna no golf pack is $250, it lands 31st Oct. It comes with a load of demos but also Monster Radar which I believe was a full retail game at launch. Oh, it has Power Pro Baseball as well (not sure what that game is).

http://www.4gamer.net/games/990/G999021/20130909071/

you gotta be kidding me. its only the best baseball game series ever made (basically baseball RPG with big headed guys).

DaBoss

Resident Evil 7 seems like safe bet. Also maybe part 2 of DMC reboot if it was greenlighted.

RE7 is very unlikely. DMC2 would be pretty quick if it came out next year.

Sengoku Basara, Strider HD and Ultra Street Fighter IV are 2014 releases, not sure about Deep Down. Monster Hunter Online is apparently staying in China.

Other than that I have a hard time coming up with anything. Most of their important franchises have seen recent releases.

Forgot about Strider HD and Ultra SFIV. I thought a Basara game won't come since they are making Sengoku Musou 4, which comes out next year. Didn't know MHO was confirmed for 2014.

I think Capcom is going to bank on Deep Down and MH4G next year as their big titles seeing as RE and SF will not make it. I wonder what the Dragons Dogma team is doing though.

duckroll

I thought a Basara game won't come since they are making Sengoku Musou 4, which comes out next year.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Are you confusing totally different franchises and developers?

Sengoku Basara = Capcom developed

Sengoku Musou = Omega Force (Koei-Tecmo) developed

Both Sengoku Basara 4 and Sengoku Musou 4 are announced titles coming in 2014.

Glass Rebel

Forgot about Strider HD and Ultra SFIV. I thought a Basara game won't come since they are making Sengoku Musou 4, which comes out next year. Didn't know MHO was confirmed for 2014.

I'm not sure how Sengoku Musou 4 relates to this? That's a Koei series.

MHO has recently started its beta I think but it's staying in China for the time bein.

DaBoss

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Are you confusing totally different franchises and developers?

Sengoku Basara = Capcom developed

Sengoku Musou = Omega Force (Koei-Tecmo) developed

Both Sengoku Basara 4 and Sengoku Musou 4 are announced titles coming in 2014.
I'm not sure how Sengoku Musou 4 relates to this? That's a Koei series.

MHO has recently started its beta I think but it's staying in China for the time bein.

I'm stupid, I thought they were both made by Capcom. Carry on.

EDIT: Oh yea, Sengoku Musou is a Samurai Warriors spin-off.

Really? RE6 came out over 3 years after RE5 and took them hundreds of staff. RE6 just came out last year. Why would anyone expect RE7 next year?

I'm fairly sure there was interview floating around with Capcom that they will be speeding up production of next RE games.

And that's the only big franchise they can milk reliably in 2014 since it's too early for next MH and everything else is in regression.

edit: Sengoku Basara won't reach a milion as it doesn't exist outside of Japan
selling another SF IV to PS3/X360 userbase will produce another decline in results

Well i guess they could make an update to MH4 after all.

I don't think we will see the next RE as a numbered title. Knowing Capcom, they might just reboot the series now and call it "Resident Evil" but on next gen.

The two big games going forward are Deep Down and Ultra Street Fighter 4. Hopefully, they have a few more surprises up their sleeves especially Dragon's Dogma 2 on next gen will be godly.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

It's much, much, much more realistic to see Resident Evil: Revelations 2 released next year than RE7 already. And Revelations 2 isn't such a great possibility either.

Hellraider

It's much, much, much more realistic to see Resident Evil: Revelations 2 released next year than RE7 already. And Revelations 2 isn't such a great possibility either.

Revelations 2 must have been at some point and to some extent being developed.It probably was even planned for 2014.The plans must have changed though.

It's much more realistic to assume Revelations is dead as a series.

But then again everything Capcom has is in some stage of decline (apart from MH which might or might not reach PSP record numbers).

And instead of trying to change it with for example making SF V for next gens early to establish userbase there and refresh IP we get milking with another SFIV reboot which further alienates part of fans.

Hellraider

TALES FROM MY ASS RETURNS: Resident Evil Revelations 2 originally scheduled for 2014

It sounds like a good installment in such an amazing series.

Title fits perfectly for the game, lol.Anyways, my reasoning is as such:

They wanted Resident Evil annualised.They can't release a mainline game each year.RE:R was early 2012.It had a story that pretty much had nothing to do with the rest of the series aside from the main characters and the ending had clear hints of sequel.Resident Evil 6 was late 2012.Revelations ports were this year.Revelations 2(or Redemption or Revengeance or whatever they would want to call it) could be the 2014 game while RE:7 the 2015.Again this is pure speculation on my part.I just believe at some point that's what Capcom ideally wanted to do with the series.

Glass Rebel

I think the Revelations subseries could do well for itself. The 3DS game was "a success even if [they] wanted more sales" (whatever that means in Capcom-speak) and the HD version sold (or shipped?) 900k WW. But I guess that's not enough for Capcpom.

I'll eat crow on Theatrhythm, but I maintain my position on the trend!
Can we please have pictorial evidence of this taken using the 3DS camera?

Also, the Square Enix lineup isn't as bad as it could be (i.e nothing) but it is really, really disappointing coming from the same developer that made DS games (... of Mana, Final Fantasy remake, Chrono Trigger, decent Crystal Chronicles games, Lufia, TWEWY...).

Top Bottom