• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2013 (Aug 26 - Sep 01)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Quick and simple, how much do you reckon HD remasters of Crisis Core and Type-0 would sell on Vita at this point in its lifecycle (also wisely compatible with Vita TV)?

Obviously Birth by Sleep will get bundled into some 2.5 thingy so thats a separate issue, but if things like Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice, and Dragon's Crown are selling over 100k, seems worth it for me? Throw in a PS3 release if they really must (not sure PSP graphics can really persuade console audience, ala Peace Walker HD not setting the world alight).

Quick and simple, how much do you reckon HD remasters of Crisis Core and Type-0 would sell on Vita at this point in its lifecycle (also wisely compatible with Vita TV)?
Seeing that HD Remasters barely sell close to 100k or 200k at most, even for some of the popular franchises, i don't think it will sell >50k.

But at this point, these remasters have more of a chance appearing on iOS/Android then on a handheld.

It's much, much, much more realistic to see Resident Evil: Revelations 2 released next year than RE7 already. And Revelations 2 isn't such a great possibility either.
I don't think Revelations has any better chance when it sold even less than Operation Racoon City. If Capcom has any common sense, they might have green lit a sequel to Operation Racoon City but actually work on it to make it more like Resident Evil Outbreak in terms of quality and online multiplayer, instead of the original crap developed by Slant Six.

I think both games would need the Persona 4 Golden treatment if they would be sold individually on the Vita. Type 0 is still a fairly recent game and Crisis Core has always been a bit of a controversial game, so I don't think a straight port would be terribly interesting to a lot of people.

Glass Rebel

I think both games would need the Persona 4 Golden treatment if they would be sold individually on the Vita. Type 0 is still a fairly recent game and Crisis Core has always been a bit of a controversial game, so I don't think a straight port would be terribly interesting to a lot of people.

And both are already available on a portable device. There's little incentive to buy a remaster.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I forget that Type-0 was on PSN because that game is just an elusive phantasm to me.

Crisis Core remains the absolute most bizarre case scenario though and its absence from PSN. Was it some music licensing or something? Can't spring for a replacement track or two at all? Its not like BbS where Disney weirdness is in the way.

Its just agonising that we seem to be seeing fewer big Japanese titles come over than like the early 90's or something. Like honestly, we live in a world where PSO2 seemingly isn't going to get a western release. Wut.

Well now I feel even more stupid. I should stop now.

Well, it's normal to be confused.

Samurai Warriors is a Dynasty Warriors spin-off.

Sangoku Musou = Dynasty Warriors = Chinese historical game (from Omega/Koei)
Sengoku Musou = Samurai Warriors = Japanese historical game (from Omega/Koei)
Sengoku Basara = Japanese historical game (from Capcom)

duckroll

Well, it's normal to be confused.

Samurai Warriors is a Dynasty Warriors spin-off.

Sangoku Musou = Dynasty Warriors = Chinese historical game (from Omega/Koei)
Sengoku Musou = Samurai Warriors = Japanese historical game (from Omega/Koei)
Sengoku Basara = Japanese historical game (from Capcom)

To add to the confusion:
Sangoku Musou = Dynasty Warriors = Fighting game
Shin Sangoku Musou = Dynasty Warriors 2 (and onwards) = 3D action game series

I think the Revelations subseries could do well for itself. The 3DS game was "a success even if [they] wanted more sales" (whatever that means in Capcom-speak) and the HD version sold (or shipped?) 900k WW. But I guess that's not enough for Capcpom.

Next one won't ship even half of that in west unless retailers are total morons. You would have to dig through NPD thread but sales weren't pretty.

Kid Ying

So, that rumoured Taiko Wii U game is coming out in November and it is exclusive for the Wii U?

Wii U saved?
Nope.

But it's better than nothing. Can't shake the bad feeling that what we saw yesterday (Puyo Puyo and Taiko) is gonna be a huge part of the next direct focused on new games... :(

For Taiko at least there is a reason, but Puyo Puyo never was a huge seller on the wii. For Wiiu then... Ha! It's a nice game to have thought and i'm happy that i will get it. The game will sell best on the 3DS and Vita.

Also, the end of this month is gonna be the most crowded for Wiiu software ever since the release. 3 games and a re-release. Crazy.

Frodo

the last taiko game had insanely long legs and sold 500k on wii. so its not a bad thing to have a taiko game.

Yep, still on the top 20 on the Media Create Chart.

Media Create said:
18./20. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040) - 4.209 / 553.574 (-2%)

And on Famitsu:

Famitsu said:
17./19. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040) - 4.120 / 557.445 <80-100%> (+0%)

Bruno MB

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn completely sold out?

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.08.27} (¥3.300) - 11.835 / 196.297 (-94%)

Frodo

Puppeteer would have done SO MUCH better on Vita.

And would be another exclusive for the system. Oh well...

Sony sending great games to die. Nothing new.

Top Bottom