• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2013 (Sep 02 - Sep 08)

-Horizon-

3DS doing great, MH4 and Pokemon numbers will be the ones to watch when they come out.

Wii U...what are we going to do Wii U?

iammeiam

Still sort of hesitant in believing that Vita TV is going to do much for the Vita brand in the land where handhelds are king.

Shitty week for everyone, though. Except 3DS hardware I guess.

Bruno MB

Wii U (5.054) and just one title (Pikmin 3 - 2.852) in the top 30.

So much for that Wii U momentum that according to Iwata would start with the release of Pikmin 3.

Those Vita numbers are bad; but all my Nintendo eyes see is how the WiiU is even worse.

Wow at 3DS. Wonder if we will see >100k with MH and Pokemon ... especially if combined with 2DS numbers.

Wii U (5.054) and just one title (Pikmin 3 - 2.852) in the top 30.

So much for that Wii U momentum that according to Iwata would start with the release of Pikmin 3.

Well there are two options:

A) It was just PR speak to increase consumer confidence
B) he is delusional and lost contact with reality

Those Vita numbers are bad; but all my Nintendo eyes see is how the WiiU is even worse.

Wow at 3DS. Wonder if we will see >100k with MH and Pokemon ... especially if combined with 2DS numbers.

I'm expecting 200k next week and at least 150-200k on Pokemon release

AOC83

Banned
As Duckroll explained, they might have stopped shipping new copies and it is not a bomba per se since it sold really well in its launch week.

The sales-age guys know better though since they might have the shipment numbers.

180k is good for a game that was in development for ages and probably extremely expensive? I don´t know.

BadWolf

Still sort of hesitant in believing that Vita TV is going to do much for the Vita brand in the land where handhelds are king.

Me too but that price is not only cheap but very much in the impulse buy territory.

Its a pretty unique move to save a system so I'm very curious to see how things turn out.

Personally I still think its a genius idea.

Code:
03./01. [PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.29} (¥7.980) - 19.720 / 445.437 (-95%)

Word of mouth seems to be doing its job here.

Doczu

Thats offensive, just sayin.

Well i know a lot more offensive words which i don't use (because they're offensive), but never thought that "jap" is taken so harsh (used it a lot, never got a response for using it), but ok, point taken.

Jackano

The 3DS is rising without a reason!
It seems MonHun and Pokémon releases will sign the return of printing money gifs.

Previous Threads
2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013
Never noticed until today but damn... I'm so old... I still remember the DS and psp numbers threads.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
sorry for the probably old questions, but:

does the price drop of the Wii U will hit Japan too?
does the 2ds will be released in Japan?
when the new Vita model and the VitaTv will hit Japan?

thx

381k would be better though, then it would pass Wii :D.

Mother of god...and people were shocked by Sony focusing on VIta (new model, bunch of new games, VitaTv) for this Christmas in Japan (I know that Sony portable is no Nintendo portable, but I also know that Nintendo home is no Sony home, so I find perfectly smart to try the relaunch of your portable in a market that is heavily portable oriented, especially if you have no competitor - look at the Wii U.....)

big youth

Dat heat wave!

In all seriousness I doubt even big titles can salvage the Wii U at the moment. Nothing beyond the occasional bump.

people thought this about DS before Nintendogs, Brain Training, etc. Nintendo is working on blue ocean projects for Wii U that could catch on in a similar fashion. they also have trump cards like a full featured Animal Crossing or Pokemon release

what's striking me this week is the prolonged sales of some of these 3DS games. it's hard to imagine thousands of people continuing to buy these older titles week after week, especially with the used games market and option to download.

So the 3DS should break the Wii lifetime sales by the end of the year ?.

How many copies do you guys think MH4 and Pokemon will sell in their first week ?.

BadWolf

people thought this about DS before Nintendogs, Brain Training, etc. Nintendo is working on blue ocean projects for Wii U that could catch on in a similar fashion. they also have trump cards like a full featured Animal Crossing or Pokemon release

what's striking me this week is the prolonged sales of some of these 3DS games. it's hard to imagine thousands of people continuing to buy these older titles week after week, especially with the used games market and option to download.

They need to do a big price drop, just games won't do it.

Same as they did with the 3DS.

wrowa

Well there are two options:

A) It was just PR speak to increase consumer confidence
B) he is delusional and lost contact with reality

Well, of course it is PR speak. I'm sure that everyone at Nintendo knows very well that their current line-up is lacking, but they can hardly say that publically.

180k is good for a game that was in development for ages and probably extremely expensive? I don´t know.
You do realize that it is on PC as well and who knows, the numbers on PC might be a lot better than PS3. They are already facing issues with server due to the high load and the overall reception of the game has been positive so far minus the server woes, so word of mouth should be positive.

gngf123

Next week closes on the 15th, so we should see 1 day's worth of Monster Hunter sales I think.

Going to be good.

Frodo

TWow at 3DS. Wonder if we will see >100k with MH and Pokemon ... especially if combined with 2DS numbers.

3DS is doing almost 80k after two weeks with no new releases, and the numbers are increasing week after week. It will be much higher than 100k.

2DS has not been announced for Japan so far.

What are these blue ocean strategy projects for the Wii U?

allan-bh

sorry for the probably old questions, but:

does the price drop of the Wii U will hit Japan too?
does the 2ds will be released in Japan?
when the new Vita model and the VitaTv will hit Japan?

thx

-We don't know. Wii U in Japan was already more cheap than in US before price drop (considering 1 dollar - 100 yen)

-Is not announced.

-Vita 2000 - oct 10 / Vita TV - nov 14

idlewild_

Wait..so there is no Wii U price drop planned for Japan as well? Makes no sense.

They might not, even though they probably should, the yen has weakened quite a bit since the Wii U launched so it's already selling for roughly the same amount as the system will in the US after the price drop.

Next week closes on the 15th, so we should see 1 day's worth of Monster Hunter sales I think.

2 days.

Rhyel

Back to 2011 on Dead or Alive Dimension launch Tecmo say is disappointed with sales.

But DoA:D was not really a new game.

DoA 4 is all new and sell very bad two times.

But Tecmo is not complain now.

Please Tecmo go back to 3DS and release spotpass DoA:D content on eShop.

PS: Sorry my English.

Glass Rebel

90% drops on JoJo and FF? Why?

JoJo has pretty bad word of mouth

gSxUBhQ.png

What are these blue ocean strategy projects for the Wii U?

Retailers throwing Wii U units into the Pacific Ocean to make room for Monster Hunter and Pokémon

you know there is something wrong with the console when the 360 version of splinter cell sells better

There's more X360 sold in Japan and they have dedicated userbase which likes western games.

I'd rather point out that X360 version sold nearly as much as W101

Me too but that price is not only cheap but very much in the impulse buy territory.

Its a pretty unique move to save a system so I'm very curious to see how things turn out.

Personally I still think its a genius idea.

It is. The R&D probably didn't cost Sony much money so if it fails, then well, back to square one. If it succeeds, it could give the vita a boost and more dev support.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Except in the case of the DS

1) it was portable, which has always been a stronghold for Nintendo (so it was easy to have faith it would turn around. 3DS is same in this regard)
2) High quality games didn't need huge development cycles (no fear that Nintendo could get the games out there quickly)
3) Was considerably less expensive

I've predicted it before and I'll predict it again. I see Mario 3D not moving many Wii U units. It will sell primarily to the people who own one already. :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Looking at MC's PSP LTD, it should hit the 20 millions mark in the next month.

Top Bottom