• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2012 (Sep 17 - Sep 23)

Fisico

Wow, my predictions are almost the same as Fisico.

brofistcover.jpg

(Even if for WE our predictions are 100k away)

Orgen

Prediction League October 2012

[PS3+360] Resident Evil 6 (4 wk) - 736.000
[PS3] Winning Eleven 2013 (4 wk) - 258.000
[3DS] Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3 wk) - 123.000
[3DS] Project X Zone (3 wk) - 164.000
[PSP+PSV] Little Battlers eXperience W (2 wk) - 147.000
[PS3+360] Zone of the Enders HD Edition (1 wk) - 52.000

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...new Nintendo Direct? Fall conference?

It could be a Direct.
Wii U had one on the 13th, and it was "Nintendo Direct Wii U Preview"
There could be a "Nintendo Direct 3DS Preview" on the 16th-18th.

Metallix87

My predictions:

[PS3+360] Resident Evil 6 (4 wk) - 800,000
[PS3] Winning Eleven 2013 (4 wk) - 330,000
[3DS] Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3 wk) - 210,000
[3DS] Project X Zone (3 wk) - 140,000
[PSP+PSV] Little Battlers eXperience W (2 wk) - 60,000
[PS3+360] Zone of the Enders HD Edition (1 wk) - 20,000

He's probably talking about the quarterly results....which thinking about it probably aren't going to be great as they will certainly have to drop that 3DS forecast. Maybe that 7th game in a famous jrpg will finally show up to calm investors down.

He's probably talking about the quarterly results....which thinking about it probably aren't going to be great as they will certainly have to drop that 3DS forecast. Maybe that 7th game in a famous jrpg will finally show up to calm investors down.

Not being released until the 24th.

ohlawd

October 2012 Predictions

Code:
[PS3+360] Resident Evil 6	        (4 wk) - 750k
[PS3]     Winning Eleven 2013	        (4 wk) - 200k
[3DS]	  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy	(3 wk) - 90k
[3DS]	  Project X Zone	        (3 wk) - 110k
[PSP+PSV] Little Battlers eXperience W	(2 wk) - 70k
[PS3+360] Zone of the Enders HD Edition	(1 wk) - 40k

First time doing this lol. Can't wait to see my
awful
results

They'll wait til after Christmas to cut the forecast, or at least they did last year.

Mpl90

Not being released until the 24th.

And right now Nintendo Direct is where we see announcements. Investor Conferences are more for some informations about sales, the system itself and some firmware update when it's possible...but games announcement are a ND thing now.

Well they're up on last year so far

Epic fail, Japan. Sucks to be you! I don't think Rayman Origins did very well there either, right?

Seriously though, I imagine mm's next game has a much better chance; Tearaway from the way it looks, has a much more Japanese art vibe going for it, that may just be universal enough to also appeal to Western audiences, though I'm not 100% sure.

But yeah, Sony isn't doing well enough with software development in Japan. It doesn't matter too much right now as the Vita is too expensive anyway, but once that's passed, it will be interesting where things go from here. I'd love to be sitting in on their strategy sessions and listen, because I am still getting the impression scea and scej have people up there who don't understand gaming culture enough to predict and shape the markets.

But for me, as a European, the Vita is near perfect so far, best console I've ever owned. So I tend to pity any that don't see the light, and am frustrated at any decisions that deviates people from walking to it in a straight line. ;)

But for me, as a European, the Vita is near perfect so far, best console I've ever owned. So I tend to pity any that don't see the light, and am frustrated at any decisions that deviates people from walking to it in a straight line. ;)

My eyes just rolled so far in to the back of my head that I can't even see this post well enough to type it correcnjfy

My eyes just rolled so far in to the back of my head that I can't even see this post well enough to type it correcnjfy

I wasn't going to say anything, but let's just say I find some of the love for Vita very creepy in how far it goes. On the other hand, i do remember some topic about the 3DS changing the world so I guess it goes in cycles. Personally while I do like Vita's hardware, the analog sticks are not the most comfortable to me and the I don't really enjoy the buttons either. Of course this is from like the 2 hours I've spent with the thing total, so maybe I just haven't seen the light.

I wasn't going to say anything, but let's just say I find some of the love for Vita very creepy in how far it goes. On the other hand, i do remember some topic about the 3DS changing the world so I guess it goes in cycles. Personally while I do like Vita's hardware, the analog sticks are not the most comfortable to me and the I don't really enjoy the buttons either. Of course this is from like the 2 hours I've spent with the thing total, so maybe I just haven't seen the light.

At least, people trying to justify the purchase of the overpriced 3DS had some arguments last year, like MH, RE, KH, Kart, Luigi's Mansion 2, etc. all planned. But I hardly saw someone stating that 3DS is the best console ever owned now, let alone one year ago.

At least, people trying to justify the purchase of the overpriced 3DS had some arguments last year, like MH, RE, KH, Kart, Luigi's Mansion 2, etc. all planned. But I hardly saw someone stating that 3DS is the best console ever owned now, let alone one year ago.

There was certainly a contingent before the 3DS even released that would basically port beg every game that wasn't even announced to have a 3DS version. Or people convincing themselves the thing was going to sell out everywhere and be extremely hard to find despite evidence to the contrary. The stuff usually doesn't continue this far past launch though.

Nekki

So I tend to pity any that don't see the light, and am frustrated at any decisions that deviates people from walking to it in a straight line. ;)

This really made my day lol.

So there's going to be some sort of conference in about 2 weeks?? When is Nintendo World usually held? And how often for that matter...

This really made my day lol.

So there's going to be some sort of conference in about 2 weeks?? When is Nintendo World usually held? And how often for that matter...

Never since 2000?

Last year, Nintendo had a conference on Sep. 13th, almost entirely dedicated to 3DS.

Never since 2000?

Last year, Nintendo had a conference on Sep. 13th, almost entirely dedicated to 3DS.

Well Japanese 3DS 1st party support in japan is pretty much non existant at this point. All we know of is Luigi's Mansion and Tomodachi Collection 2. Unless Nintendo plans on leaving the system barren for the first half of next year some stuff has to be announced soon.

Fularu

Banned
you'll see the OLED screen get replaced by something "cost saving" first... I bet the do this next year

Eh, I'm expectingit to get a fire sale within two years. The west doesn't give two shits about it and it's tanking in Japan, which would have made the games I'm most interested in for a portable.

Once I can find it cheap, I'll get it just for the Falcom games (more or less, unless they get good steam versions).

Mpl90

Thinking better

2 weeks (+some days/hours) before the next announcements.

Didn't he say those words in spoiler about announcements for 3DS were not from NoA, neither from NCL? In that case, he's talking about Western announcements ( release dates, bundles, special editions, and things like those). Still, we'll see a Nintendo Direct this month whatever.

Well Japanese 3DS 1st party support in japan is pretty much non existant at this point. All we know of is Luigi's Mansion and Tomodachi Collection 2. Unless Nintendo plans on leaving the system barren for the first half of next year some stuff has to be announced soon.

That's why I'm expecting something like a new Kirby, the new IP Chris mentioned, a new Mario game and the Monolith title.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is there a link to that megaton list of rumors? Need an update on which ones ended up being true.

Yep: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442135

A while back, several rumors circulated around the Japanese blogosphere. Many of the things seemed credible, but others are outlandish. However, with the announcement of Rhythm Thief R: Emperor Napoleon's Legacy for 3DS today, the whole batch becomes much more credible. So duckroll and I decided it might be good idea to put together a little checklist thread so we can see how these things play out in the coming weeks.

[x] 4 Warriors of Light 2, 3DS ** Renamed to Bravely Default
[x] Monster Hunter Tri G, 3DS
[x] Miku Hatsune (SD style), 3DS
[x] New Shining game using Valkyria systems and characters from Shining Hearts, PSP
[x] Sega has a Layton-like game but with rhythm action instead of puzzles, to be announced at TGS.
[ ] Bayonetta 2 is in development and is planned for release at the same time as a theatrical Bayonetta CG movie.
[ ] Vita launch later this year, Monster Hunter 3rd HD will be announced at TGS to be a launch title.
[x] DQ10 is being designed as an MMO-like game.

------

[ ] Persona 2 Eternal Punishment PSP, November 2 release.
[x] Persona 4 Vita port, 2012.

------

-------------------

saichi

[PS3+360] Resident Evil 6 (4 wk) - 857,000
[PS3] Winning Eleven 2013 (4 wk) - 255,000
[3DS] Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3 wk) - 170,000
[3DS] Project X Zone (3 wk) - 201,000
[PSP+PSV] Little Battlers eXperience W (2 wk) - 96,000
[PS3+360] Zone of the Enders HD Edition (1 wk) - 30,000

Rarity

[PS3+360] Resident Evil 6 (4 wk) - 540,000
[PS3] Winning Eleven 2013 (4 wk) - 170,000
[3DS] Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3 wk) - 86,000
[3DS] Project X Zone (3 wk) - 107,000
[PSP+PSV] Little Battlers eXperience W (2 wk) - 54,000
[PS3+360] Zone of the Enders HD Edition (1 wk) - 33,000

Super underestimating everything, I'm sure.

Spiegel

It's not like Chris posts here or something and can clarify whatever the hell he is talking about.

No, let's speculate.

kSt

There has to be a deeper reason that makes people defend gaming hardware so hard. A person gets pleasure from playing (good games) on a console, and then subconsciously defends the source of this pleasure maybe? Someone should make a psychological research about it.

It's not like Chris posts here or something and can clarify whatever the hell he is talking about.

No, let's speculate.
Maybe he is giving away too much already.

Top Bottom