• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2012 (Sep 17 - Sep 23)

m.i.s.

Banned
The way things are going it'll need the holiday bump just to get it back to 10k

You could be right. I forgot about Wii U launching in Dec. That console and NSMB U is gonna suck out a lot of the revenue from other sectors of the industry. Could really be grim.

All hardware will get a boost during the holidays. What I'm talking about are the weeks prior which is where we are now. By November consumer buying will start to rise, but through October I think sales will either slide or stabilize for each respective system. The 3ds looks like its stable around 60K. the Vita was previously stable around 10K but I think it could still be sliding now.

I see, which is why I said in the run up to Xmas. I do think Vita sales will hover around the 7K - 10K mark just by virtue of it being a handheld and carrying the Sony name.

Famitsu

Medabot DS Second Week

[NDS] Medarot DS: Kabuto / Kuwagata (Rocket Company) - 10.554 / 72.610

Medabot 7 Second Week

04./02. [3DS] Medarot 7: Kabuto / Kuwagata <RPG> (Rocket Company) {2012.09.13} (¥6.090) - 19.438 / 79.723 (-68%)

It had a very good second week, actually.

It's the kind of game that could have legs, enough to cross the 100k mark. clearly, 200k were only in Takao's wet dreams.

Fabrik

Banned
Yeah apart from 8 million users ^_^

Not sure about my sources but:

As of Jan 28, 2012, worldwide:

LBP : 4.82 million units.
LBP2 : 2.45 million units.

Quite a drop IMO. And not counting the fact that those 2 games were bundled.

I think the series is already stale.

Takao

Banned
It's the kind of game that could have legs, enough to cross the 100k mark. clearly, 200k were only in Takao's wet dreams.

Yeah, no. They shipped 120k first week, and Medarot DS ended up shipping 150k according to Imagineer's (Rocket Company's parent) fiscal reports. 7 received a much larger push as well, from the manga leaving Dengeki DS to go to the more mainstream kid friendly Saikyo JUMP, to constant convention appearances, and while this seems like a "No shit" they actually released a trailer for Medarot 7. DS didn't even get that :lol

Pranay

Has Sony given WW numbers for LBP?

8 million during gamescon conference

[They also never count the PS+ sales ]

its 8 million between the lbp games

Of course.

Chikyuu Boueigun 3 Portable
Ys: Celceta no Jukai
Danball Senki W
Eiyuu Densetsu: Zero no Kiseki Evolution
AKB1/153: Love Election

Danball Senki might bomb though, like, really hard.

Danball is gonna bomb hard on vita (I don't expect the PSP version to sell spectacular either) and the akb game is also a PSP multi plat which is where I expect its sales

How well have previous games in the other 3 series done?

Takao

Banned
Danball is gonna bomb hard on vita (I don't expect the PSP version to sell spectacular either) and the akb game is also a PSP multi plat which is where I expect its sales

AKB is an otaku game, that market is probably the most likely to own a Vita at this point, and are the ones who fuss over the finest quality release. I can see it doing well on Vita because of that.

Yeah, no. They shipped 120k first week, and Medarot DS ended up shipping 150k according to Imagineer's (Rocket Company's parent) fiscal reports. 7 received a much larger push as well, from the manga leaving Dengeki DS to go to the more mainstream kid friendly Saikyo JUMP, to constant convention appearances, and while this seems like a "No shit" they actually released a trailer for Medarot 7. DS didn't even get that :lol

Medarot DS was released on a much fertile field, come on. Millions of kids had the console along with Pokémon, Fossile Fighters, Dragon Quest Monsters, etc.

Takao

Banned
There was a developer in the Studio Liverpool thread that said LBP makes Sony tons of money. It seems the DLC sells extremely well.

There has to be a reason they release new costume packs like every single week years after release and made sure all costumes work with LBP Vita, LBP2, and LBP Karting. I have to wonder how much money Sony made off of LBP costumes during the Welcome Back program.

donny2112

3DS needs new rounds of staple games. Mario Kart 7 is the only one of the trinity still around on either chart (for the games with numbers). MH3G needs a BEST release, too.

Edit:
Missed MH3G in the Famitsu Top 30.

Looks like vita sales are stabilizing. Sony must be happy to be on the way to meeting their fiscal year sales goals.

Very nicely done.

Nintendo will be glad NSMB is showing its legs. 3DS hardware sales too are great, theres demand for the smaller 3DS - Nintendo should get a 3DS Lite to replace the original early next year..
Demand from whom? As has been stated tons of times since launch the 3DS is almost the exact same size as the DS Lite. There's not a ton of room for it to go smaller without removing things or getting new parts.

3DS needs new rounds of staple games. Mario Kart 7 is the only one of the trinity still around on either chart (for the games with numbers). MH3G needs a BEST release, too.

Very nice.

I'm not convinced capcpom will release a best version of mh3g now as that could harm sales of the wii u version

Boney

Banned

17./16. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800) - 5.829 / 1.559.988 (-11%)

?

jman2050

And both of them are already being given away for free.

Takao

Banned
Medarot DS was released on a much fertile field, come on. Millions of kids had the console along with Pokémon, Fossile Fighters, Dragon Quest Monsters, etc.

Okay, but to say the game isn't doing worse than expected is completely ignoring what I said. I don't think Rocket expected to ship 120k first week, and then still be selling through that in October, and potentially even November. We'll find out for certain once Imagineer's fiscal results are reported. Luckily, from the way everyone involved with the game has been talking I suspect that this game's performance wasn't going to hinder the future of the franchise.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Ins't MHTriG selling better than MK7? Am I missing something? I thnk that MHTriG is the best hanging one of the trinity, isn't it?
BTW I agree with you: I think that MK7 would benefit of a bundle with the 3DSXL (both Land and MH had it back in the days with the normal model), while MH could see a re-release with the "Ultimate" brand on the cover alongside the Wii U one (underlining the cross-play feature on the cover itself)

Demand from whom? As has been stated tons of times since launch the 3DS is almost the exact same size as the DS Lite. There's not a ton of room for it to go smaller without removing things or getting new parts.

Oh, people still want the original 3DS. What I mean is an updated original to take advantage of the design improvements we see in the XL. 'Lite' is just branding.

Metallix87

Oh, people still want the original 3DS. What I mean is an updated original to take advantage of the design improvements we see in the XL. 'Lite' is just branding.

I wouldn't expect that until maybe late 2013 or early 2014, if or when sales begin to slow down a bit.

Okay, but to say the game isn't doing worse than expected is completely ignoring what I said. I don't think Rocket expected to ship 120k first week, and then still be selling through that in October, and potentially even November. We'll find out for certain once Imagineer's fiscal results are reported. Luckily, from the way everyone involved with the game has been talking I suspect that this game's performance wasn't going to hinder the future of the franchise.

Oh, ok. I don't know, the sell-through was low but we're approaching holidays, and usually those games tend to sell well over time; look at LBX: Baku Boost, on one thought it would have opened at over 50k, ending up selling over 150k.

AKB is an otaku game, that market is probably the most likely to own a Vita at this point, and are the ones who fuss over the finest quality release. I can see it doing well on Vita because of that.
If you look at pre-order rankings, the PSP version is charting much higher, but yeah, what you said, there's a market for AKB on Vita, enough to sell 50k+ in December.

Earth Defense Force 2 Portable - 102,846

Ys 3 - 37,244
Ys 7 - 68,587

Zero no Kiseki - 118,520
Ao no Kiseki - 194,940

All PSP games.

muu

If you look at pre-order rankings, the PSP version is charting much higher, but yeah, what you said, there's a market for AKB on Vita, enough to sell 50k+ in December.

Maybe if they include hand shaking coupons for different girls depending on which version you buy.

Ys 7 (PSP) sold 68,587; Falcom increased their profit forecast for this quarter, partly due to higher reservation numbers/demand for Celceta than originally expected. May hit 50k.

Zero no Kiseki on PSP sold 118,520; The Vita port won't get anywhere close to this

EDFP2 on PSP sold 102,846. I have no idea how much to predict for Vita sales.

Edit: Beaten.

Huh, ouch.... Why would you even say that? Makes it sound like you either you hate the dev, or your a crazed fanboy.. Daayyyyummm..LOL

Can't say I don't agree with him. LBP is a great level design tool hampered by mediocre platforming and control. I don't hate the Dec but very much dislike the series.

Mileena

Banned
Holy shit Vita/LBP ultra bomba edition

Not like a mediocre platforming series was gonna light the world on fire but 5k is embarrassing. Vita may as well be dead already.

Earth Defense Force 2 Portable - 102,846

Ys 3 - 37,244
Ys 7 - 68,587

Zero no Kiseki - 118,520
Ao no Kiseki - 194,940

All PSP games.

OK now looking at this, akb will probably do 50k but only because its a December release, the others no don't think so

Top Bottom