• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 46, 2011 (Nov 14 - Nov 20)

Wut.

FF1 - 1987
FF2 - 1988
FF3 - 1990
FF4 - 1991
FF5 - 1992
FF6 - 1994
FF7 - 1997
FF8 - 1999
FF9 - 2000
FF10 - 2001
FF11 - 2002
FF12 - 2006
FF13 - 2009

Ah ah, I've always brought this argument when people said that Final Fantasy always needed a lot of years to be developed. Anyway, time has changed and until 10 years there were not so MANY spin-offs, sequel, prequel and so on.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Bic Bomba Bin:

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD: ¥1980
Monster Hunter Pokapoka Airu G: ~¥1700
AKB 48 Guam Edition: ¥6900
Ridge Racer 3D: ¥2970
Phantasy Star Portable 2: ¥980
Sengoku Basara Chronicle Heroes: ¥980
Otomedius X: ¥1980
Gachitora PSP: ¥1980

http://img.ly/aYgX

Ni no Kuni PS3 is totally going in there by the end of January.

...Chronicle Heroes is SCARY, considering it has been released this Summer :lol.

Mpl90

The calendar updated

{2012.01.12}

[PSP] Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masou Kishin I & II (Bandai Namco Games)
[PSP] Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masou Kishin II - The Revelation of the Evil God (Bandai Namco Games)

[PS3] Time Leap (Prototype)

[3DS] Shinren Camera (Nintendo)
[3DS] Ace Combat 3D Cross Rumble (Bandai Namco Games)

{2012.01.19}

[PSP] Heroes Fantasia (Bandai Namco Games)
[PSP] Kannou Mukashi Banashi Portable (Idea Factory)

[PS3] Red Dead Redemption Complete Edition (Rockstar Games)

[360] Onechambara Z: Kagura (D3 Publisher)
[360] Red Dead Redemption Complete Edition (Rockstar Games)

[WII] Kiki Trick (Nintendo)

[3DS] Beyond the Labyrinth (Konami)
[3DS] Rhythm Thief (Sega)

[PSV] Wipeout 2048 (SCE)

{2012.01.26}

[PSP] Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Portable (Bandai Namco Games)
[PSP] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Mobuka no Kiseki (Bandai Namco Games)
[PSP] Maru Goukaku: Shikaku Dasshu! Chuushoukigyou Shindanshi Shiken 1 Portable (Media 5)
[PSP] Maru Goukaku: Shikaku Dasshu! Chuushoukigyou Shindanshi Shiken 2 Portable (Media 5)
[PSP] Phase-D: Aohana no Shou (Boost On)

[PS3] Armored Core 5 (From Software)
[PS3] The Idolm@aster: Gravure For You! Vol.4

[360] Armored Core 5 (From Software)

[3DS] Resident Evil: Revelations (Capcom)
[3DS] Zoo Keeper 3D (Robot)

[PSV] Tales of Innocence R (Bandai Namco Games)

{2012.02.02}

[PSP] Gift Prism (Cyberfront)
[PSP] Photo Kano (Kadokawa Shoten)

[PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Spec II (SCE)

[3DS] Fishing 3D (D3 Publisher)

{2012.02.09}

[PSP] Eien no Aseria: Kono Daichi no Hate de (CyberFront)
[PSP] Tsugi no Giseisha o Oshirase Shimasu: Houkaisuru Sekai ni Shinigami to (Boost On)

[PSV] Sumioni (Acquire)

{2012.02.14}

[3DS] New Love Plus (Konami)

{2012.02.16}

[PSP] Samurai Warriors 3Z Special (Tecmo Koei)

[PS3] Binary Domain (Sega)
[PS3] SSX (Electronic Arts)

[360] Binary Domain (Sega)
[360] SSX (Electronic Arts)

[3DS] Tekken 3D Prime Edition (Bandai Namco Games)
[3DS] Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy (Square Enix)
[3DS] Gyokugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zenin Shiboudes (Chunsoft)

[PSV] Gyokugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zenin Shiboudes (Chunsoft)

{2012.02.23}

[PSP] Maru Goukaku: Shikaku Dasshu! Takken Shiken Portable (Media 5)
[PSP] Nendroid Generation (Bandai Namco Games)
[PSP] Phase-D: Shirokage no Shou (Boost On)

[PS3] Shinken de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! R (Minato Station)
[PS3] The House of the Dead: Overkill - Director's Cut (Sega)

{2012.02.29}

[3DS] Harvest Moon: Land's of Origin (Marvelous AQL)

{2012.02.xx}

[3DS] Girl's RPG: Cinderella Story (Level 5)

[PSV] Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Tecmo Koei)

{2012.03.08}

[PS3] Street Fighter x Tekken (Capcom)

[360] Street Fighter x Tekken (Capcom)

{2012.03.01}

[PSP] Great Battle Full Blast (Bandai Namco)

{2012.03.08}

[3DS] Hatsune Miku and the future stars: Project Mirai (Sega)
[3DS] Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (Konami)

{2012.03.15}

[PSP] Puella Magi Madoka Magica Portable (Bandai Namco Games)

{2012.03.xx}

[3DS] Dynasty Warriors Vs (Tecmo Koei)

{2012.xx.xx}

[PS3] Dynasty Warriors Strikerforce 2 HD Version (Tecmo Koei)

Relative to the series I already said I it will bomb

But 600k first week crawling to 800k lifetime wouldn't be a bomb, it would be a spectacular ultra-mega-bomb, an event so far outside Square's expectations that it would probably change their entire approach to the series for all future installments. Nothing you have said so far indicates an awareness of the magnitude of what exactly you are predicting here.

Mpl90

But 600k first week crawling to 800k lifetime wouldn't be a bomb, it would be a spectacular ultra-mega-bomb, an event so far outside Square's expectations that it would probably change their entire approach to the series for all future installments. Nothing you have said so far indicates an awareness of the magnitude of what exactly you are predicting here.

I...I would like to see that happen. Maybe.

Truth101

Banned

I hope it bombs hard then. Final Fantasy needs to take a soul search.

Thay can't have shipped only 1 millon the first day and additional 800k later.
In the link they say it was actually 1.15 million first day but yeah, this was several days before the game came out and the retail orders clearly ramped up the week before the game came out. Nonetheless the number we heard over and over again was that they were only shipping 1 million to retail at launch, same as we're hearing now. The idea that this number is somehow low from a historical standpoint was wrong (Nuclear Muffin's post).

I hope it bombs hard then. Final Fantasy needs to take a soul search.
I know it's unfair to take it out on you but posts like this drive me nuts. The entire game from a development standpoint seems to be a mea culpa of the complaints people expressed towards the original. If XIII-2 doesn't count as soul searching I don't know what does.

Khrno

Given that this is being done by the main team in lieu of Final Fantasy XV, we should probably have notably higher expectations for it than X -> X-2 regardless.

That "main team" you are talking about is basically the same as with X-2, it was the same main team that did X. XII was being done by Matsuno, Itou and co., so the expectations should be the same, not higher, than X-2, spin-off sequel of a main title made by the same team. They're not like Revenant Wings, Crisis Core or The After.

saichi

Didn't tales on the PS3 open with like 500K first week? I can't really see FF only opening to 600-650K.

After seeing how games like Tales of Xillia did, I'm actually a bit more bullish on what XIII-2 will do.

I wouldn't think so either.

However, on the COMG preorder chart (which heavily favors PS3 games), XIII-2 is lagging behind ToX so far before the release if I'm not mistaken. I know this is not the best evidence but the chart is usually a pretty good indicator how anticipated a games is on Playstation platform.

Truth101

Banned
In the link they say it was actually 1.15 million first day but yeah, this was several days before the game came out and the retail orders clearly ramped up the week before the game came out. Nonetheless the number we heard over and over again was that they were only shipping 1 million to retail at launch, same as we're hearing now. The idea that this number is somehow low from a historical standpoint was wrong (Nuclear Muffin's post).

I know it's unfair to take it out on you but posts like this drive me nuts. The entire game from a development standpoint seems to be a mea culpa of the complaints people expressed towards the original. If XIII-2 doesn't count as soul searching I don't know what does.

I think all Final Fantasy since VI, minus IX are kinda trash. So...

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Tsutaya

Zelda the top seller with healthy sales, bought from men and women at 20s, 7th Dragon 2020 second with double sales of 7th Dragon, Saint Seiya thtrd.

Beth Cyra

I think all Final Fantasy since VI, minus IX are kinda trash. So...

Performing like IX wouldn't be a good thing either. Despite 1-6 fans + 9 fans want to think, switching to that style isnt going to help SE outside of pleasing a certain segment of fans that isn't going to get them larger sales.

Road

Prediction
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) - 444,444
[WII] Itadaki Street Wii (Square Enix) - 55,555
[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. (Bandai Namco Games) - 288,888
[PS3] Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft) - 44,444

LOCK

It takes just one game to restore confidence in a brand. So FF15 needs to show a dramatic improvement over 13.

And really, I feel people judge F13 too strongly. In many ways it was inventive as well as being a step back. It really was a heavily story driven game, and development adopted a linear world design to keep it more focused.

Just give us a FF4 story equivical again Square, along with varied environmental traversals between points A & B.

Beth Cyra

It takes just one game to restore confidence in a brand. So FF15 needs to show a dramatic improvement over 13.

And really, I feel people judge F13 too strongly. In many ways it was inventive as well as being a step back. It really was a heavily story driven game, and development adopted a linear world design to keep it more focused.

Just give us a FF4 story equivical again Square, along with varied environmental traversals between points A & B.

Anything but this. Another round of I'm never going to learn when to say no from an idiot as big as Cecil and then they will finally turn me into one of the haters.

Deadline:
t1322658000z0.png

Predictions
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) - 422k
[WII] Itadaki Street Wii (Square Enix) - 52k
[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. (Bandai Namco Games) - 357k
[PS3] Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft) - 57k

[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) - 405,312
[WII] Itadaki Street Wii (Square Enix) - 42,531
[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. (Bandai Namco Games) - 365,312
[PS3] Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft) -[/QUOTE] 41,921

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu

01./00. [WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.23} (¥6.800)
02./00. [PSP] 7th Dragon 2020 # <RPG> (Sega) {2011.11.23} (¥6.279)
03./00. [PSP] Little Battlers eXperience: Boost <RPG> (Level 5) {2011.11.23} (¥4.980)
04./00. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid HD Edition # <ADV> (Konami) {2011.11.23} (¥5.480)
05./04. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800)
06./00. [PS3] Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle # <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2011.11.23} (¥7.140)
07./00. [PSP] Weiss Schwarz Portable: Boost Weiss / Boost Schwarz # <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.11.23} (¥6.800)
08./00. [PSP] Uta no Prince-Sama: Music # <ACT> (Broccoli) {2011.11.24} (¥3.990)
09./01. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Subtitled Edition <ACT> (Square Enix) {2011.11.17} (¥7.980)
10./02. [NDS] One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 - New World # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.11.17} (¥5.230)

Mpl90

Mario should be at 50k.
And maybe Ninokuni is just out of the Top 10, since there are a lot of new entries.

Spiegel

I wouldn't consider <100k (say 75k and a possible >150k LTD) a bomba for LBXBoost. It's a re-release of the first game with extra stories and units.

The IE3 re-release had a similar drop.

Kenka

Formidable appetizer this Famitsu charts. I would be very very happy to see Mario around 85k. 3DS above 120k ?

Top Bottom